[SOLVED] Can't Debug in VS2010

Get answers to all your basic programming questions. No Ogre questions, please!
RigoCL
Greenskin

[SOLVED] Can't Debug in VS2010

Post by RigoCL »

I have an issue when trying to debug my Ogre app in VS2010, I changed something in the Properties Window and I can't remember what was it. So, after running the app in Debug mode, all my breakpoints are shown as an outlined red circle with a "warning" yellow triangle and a label showing "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document."

I know how debug and release modes work, but I haven't been able to find out what is the "missing" or changed property.

The Linker -> Debugging -> General Debug Info is "Yes (/DEBUG)" and the PDB file is generated with the same name and in the same directory (debug) as the executable.

I'm losing precious time with this amateur error.

Any clues on what to check are very welcome.
Integrated: Ogre3D + dotScene (Blender loader) + MyGUI (UI) + RakNet (Client/Server) + Leap Motion (The future is here!) + StereoManager (3D Anaglyph red-cyan)
WIP: StereoManager (Real 3D) + CCS (Camera Control System) + Sound, experimenting with Android.
RigoCL
Greenskin

Re: [SOLVED] Can't Debug in VS2010

Post by RigoCL »

Just started from scratch a new project and ported everything.
Integrated: Ogre3D + dotScene (Blender loader) + MyGUI (UI) + RakNet (Client/Server) + Leap Motion (The future is here!) + StereoManager (3D Anaglyph red-cyan)
WIP: StereoManager (Real 3D) + CCS (Camera Control System) + Sound, experimenting with Android.
NotCamelCase
Greenskin

Post by NotCamelCase »

Heyy, any idea what caused the problem or how porting to a new one fixes it ? I've been having the same issue on VS 2013 and VS 2012. I'd appreciate the help..
Check out my projects: https://github.com/NotCamelCase
RigoCL
Greenskin

Post by RigoCL »

I dont know what the problem was, checked and changed some properties but nothing helped, so just quit and started from scratch using Ogre App Wizzard for Visual Studio, though that wizzard creates a BaseAplication.cpp/.h based on Ogre 1.8, but just by changing few lines it works with 1.9. The hard part was specifying all include directories and adding the lib files.

Probably creating a cmake file would be more suitable in cases like this and even in cases of upgrading VS.
NotCamelCase
Greenskin

Post by NotCamelCase »

RigoCL wrote:The hard part was specifying all include directories and adding the lib files.

Probably creating a cmake file would be more suitable in cases like this and even in cases of upgrading VS.
Yeah, that's what I've been trying to avoid, too but I also failed to find the problem so I'll create new one from scratch.

Thanks, anyway.
Check out my projects: https://github.com/NotCamelCase