QtOgre Application Framework - Now using Qt 4.5

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: QtOgre Application Framework - Now using Qt 4.5

Post by jacmoe »

The only thing you don't get with http://code.google.com/p/xr-qt-msvc/ is the built-in designer.
I just tell Visual Studio to open ui files in Designer, and I have the same amount of automation.
If you do have standard and up, the integration kit is nice. Of course it is.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

bulkhead wrote: .
Any ides what could be wrong?
Not really, I can't say I've played with other render targets yet. But it sounds,like your just using the OgreWidget rather then the whole QtOgre framework? In that case at least it's not much code and there aren't many places it can be going wrong. It is possible there is something missing from the paintEvent (I remember this stopped animation working for me once) so you could try comparing it to the contents of startRendering() or renderOneFrame(), something like that.
PaddyWagon wrote:A note for VisualStudio (I use 2008 standard) users, QT4.5 has a very nice integration into the studio.
I can't say I've played with any kind of Visual Studio integration, I just keep QtDesigner running as a seperate application. Do you have the Qt Commercial license to get this integration, or you are just using the stuff from that Google Code project?
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

You can get it regardless of license, IIRC.
PaddyWagon
Halfling

Post by PaddyWagon »

The VS integration works with all the licenses, so new QT projects and adding new QT widgets is all done through wizards and menus and automagically appears ready to build. It sounds like a streamlined version of what you're already doing, basically.

Its technical name is QT4 Visual Studio AddIn v1.0

From what I understand of the google project, the build integration from the QT folks does pretty much the same thing. It also apparently integrates with Eclipse, though I have never used that system.

http://www.qtsoftware.com/products/deve ... f6871aae8a

I don't work on Linux or Mac these days, so I'm unsure how the projects would transfer if you do cross platform work.
iceworld
Gnoblar

Post by iceworld »

Hi,
I managed to render something into a qt dockwidget, when I resize the widget it's fine, however when i try to dock this widget to another position of the mainwindow, under directx mode, it crashes,
get error: D3D9RenderWindow: failed to reset device to new dimensions << 3435973836 x 3435973836. Trying to recover.

under opengl mode, the render window doesn't refresh.
I already created an invisible renderwindow to initialise
resource group, this is the second renderwindow that I created has this problem.

Can someone give some suggestion?
Moohasha
Gnoll

Post by Moohasha »

I'm having trouble building the demo (from link on the first page) from source. I'm trying to run CMake, and eventually I get this error:
CMake Error at QtOgre/CMakeLists.txt:51 (QT4_WRAP_CPP):
Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".
I've only ever used CMake to build the Ogre source, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I installed the Qt 4.5.2 SDK. Can anyone help?

Also, this may be a stupid question, but am I just building the demo, or am I building the QtOgre Application Framework, with which I'll be able to make my own QtOgre applications?
Black holes are where God divided by 0
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

iceworld wrote:Hi,
I managed to render something into a qt dockwidget, when I resize the widget it's fine, however when i try to dock this widget to another position of the mainwindow, under directx mode, it crashes,
get error: D3D9RenderWindow: failed to reset device to new dimensions << 3435973836 x 3435973836. Trying to recover.

under opengl mode, the render window doesn't refresh.
I already created an invisible renderwindow to initialise
resource group, this is the second renderwindow that I created has this problem.
I don't have a lot of idea, but I notice that the reported size (3435973836) is actually '0xCCCCCCCC' when written as hexidecimal. My guess would be that Qt uses this value as some kind of internal flag to mark the fact that the window is docked. It probably shouldn't reported as the window size, because obviously Ogre can't create a window that big. Maybe it's a Qt bug, or maybe you're just breaking the rules with the way you use it.

Can you try handling the resize event, and ignoring it if that exact window size it set? Other than that I don't have many ideas.

Can someone give some suggestion?
Moohasha wrote:I'm having trouble building the demo (from link on the first page) from source. I'm trying to run CMake, and eventually I get this error:
CMake Error at QtOgre/CMakeLists.txt:51 (QT4_WRAP_CPP):
Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".
I've only ever used CMake to build the Ogre source, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I installed the Qt 4.5.2 SDK. Can anyone help?
Very strange - QT4_WRAP_CPP is a standard CMake command, as seen here http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html. Maybe you need a more recent version of CMake? What version do you have?
Moohasha wrote:Also, this may be a stupid question, but am I just building the demo, or am I building the QtOgre Application Framework, with which I'll be able to make my own QtOgre applications?
CMake will generate a single solution, with several projects including one for the QtOgre framework, and another for the demo application.
Moohasha
Gnoll

Post by Moohasha »

I just downloaded and installed CMake today (new computer), so it's version 2.6. Like I said, I know almost nothing about CMake, so I followed the same basic format as building Ogre from source, where I hit Configure, fix the errors that come up, and keep doing that until it makes something. Not sure if I need to do anything else.

Regarding the resizing issue where it crashes when you try to dock it, I think I had the same issue when I tried to switch which window Ogre was rendering in (in my own Qt-Ogre app). I think what I did was in the windowResized event (the one from Ogre::WindowListener), I checked the size, and if it was negative or something much larger than any normal display, I think I just ignored it or set some flag so that each update after that I would check the size again or something. I don't remember exactly, and it's code at work, not home, so I can't check. But I had the same issue.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

Moohasha wrote:I just downloaded and installed CMake today (new computer), so it's version 2.6. Like I said, I know almost nothing about CMake, so I followed the same basic format as building Ogre from source, where I hit Configure, fix the errors that come up, and keep doing that until it makes something. Not sure if I need to do anything else.
Ah, I'm doing it differently - I've never used the GUI. Instead, I go the root folder of QtOgre (containing readme.txt, etc) and create a folder called 'build'. Then I launch a 'Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt' (probably just a DOS box if you're not using Visual Studio) and change to the new 'build' folder. Then I just type 'cmake ..'

Try doing that way, to see if it makes a difference.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

You don't need to open the VC command prompt, PolyVox. CMake can handle it just fine.
Either the gui, or by entering cmake . in a console (cmd).
Moohasha
Gnoll

Post by Moohasha »

Ok, I got the VS projects made and compiled. I realized that installing the Qt SDK doesn't give you libraries that VS can use (which is RIDICULOUS, considering that they have a VS addin for Qt!!!), so I had to download and build Qt from source which took several hours. After that, CMake worked without a hitch. So I was able to build the QtOgre library and demo app.

But now the app is crashing at startup. The crash is at line 223 in Application.cpp when createLog() is called. I stepped into the code, and even though Application is passing "Ogre.log", the LogManager is receiving "ÌÌÌÌOgre.log". Not sure if it's just intelligence buggin out on me. The actual error is:
Unhandled exception at 0x75bb98f6 in Demo.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory location 0x0135edac..
I thought maybe I had compiled Ogre with unicode support, and the demo with multi-byte, but that's not it. Any thoughts?

edit: Nevermind. It was late, and I was compiling the Debug configuration with the Release build of Ogre. I switched to OgreMain_d and it works like a charm. :oops:
Brocan
Orc

Post by Brocan »

Moohasha wrote:Ok, I got the VS projects made and compiled. I realized that installing the Qt SDK doesn't give you libraries that VS can use (which is RIDICULOUS, considering that they have a VS addin for Qt!!!)
I follow Qt since version 4.4. And they have and give libraries for VS, but... this libraries are only available in the commercial version, not in the opensource :wink: .

And now you take the source code and make it with vs, before 4.2 (i think :? ) you need to patch the code with a few lines to compile it with vs :roll:

Now my question, i don't know about licenses. I use qt several times, i can use this qtwrapper in my opensource game with any license problems?
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

You just build the thing, that's all.
The source is the same. The only thing you get in addition to the QT library when you buy a commercial license is the ability to utilise a commercial license. That's it.
It compiles with nmake just fine. No need to patch anything.
DAroo
Gnoblar

Post by DAroo »

Qt: 4.5.1, binaries from repo
Ogre: 1.6.1, binaries from ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) repo (only ogre 1.4.9 is available from ubuntu 9.04 repo)
framework sources from svn addons, revision 2721

I was building framework using qmake, g++ and mingw under linux. Compilation worked without any changes to *.pro files :D But to make demo work i had to do few edits.

After compilation program couldn't localize scene file and crashed. I had to change file patch in the DemoGameLogic.cpp from "media\\scenes\\test.scene" to the "./media/scenes/test.scene". Some meshes had to be renamed:
Ralith wrote:Hey, I'm trying to get the demo to run on a Linux system. I had to make a few changes (jaiqua.mesh was referred to as Jaiqua.mesh, and the same for robot.mesh, which of course doesn't work on a case sensitive filesystem, the hardcoded render system lib path was wrong, and the loadScene call had to be changed to use forward slashes) but I did manage to get it to build and run.
Also render window didn't want to resize, solution:
dermont wrote:If I replace "parentWindowHandle" with "externalWindowHandle" and uncomment
the handle info.visual() string the render window is resized correctly, i.e. the handle in the form:
poslong:posint:poslong:poslong (display*:screen:windowHandle:XVisualInfo*)
If program still crashes make sure that media folder, settings.ini and plugins.cfg are in the same directory as the executable. To write plugin.cfg i've take a look at available plugins in the directory: /usr/lib/OGRE . Here is my plugin.cfg content:

Code: Select all

# Defines plugins to load

# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=/usr/lib/OGRE

# Define plugins
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX
Plugin=Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Plugin=libPlugin_PCZSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeZone
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
If you compile program with shared library like in the example demo code from svn you have to move/copy library files libqtogre.so.0 and libqtogre.so.0.1.0 to the /usr/lib.

I hope this would help ubuntu users.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

Hi, thanks for your comments! I'm going to be on holiday for the next week, but after that I will try and make at least some of these chages so that it works more easily on Linux :-)
dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

DAroo wrote:
Also render window didn't want to resize, solution:
dermont wrote:If I replace "parentWindowHandle" with "externalWindowHandle" and uncomment
the handle info.visual() string the render window is resized correctly, i.e. the handle in the form:
poslong:posint:poslong:poslong (display*:screen:windowHandle:XVisualInfo*)
The parentWindow resize issue has been fixed in Ogre1.6.3:
http://ogre.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ ... p?view=log

The display:screen:window(:visual) will still work but for Ogre1.6.X only the window handle is used so can be simplified to:

#if defined(Q_WS_X11)

//params["externalWindowHandle"] = Ogre::StringConverter::toString((unsigned long)(winId()));

params["parentWindowHandle"] = Ogre::StringConverter::toString((unsigned long)(winId()));

#endif
PaddyWagon
Halfling

Post by PaddyWagon »

Has this been tried this with OGRE_THREAD_SUPPORT #defined at 1 or 2? I'm getting crossed thread problems and I'm not sure if it's my build that changed or if QT's thread doesn't like Ogre's separate thread during resource callbacks.

The symptom is an infinite loop that eats the stack and ending at a critical section unlock. I'll track down the specifics of where it enters the problem area if I can.

<edit>
On further testing this happens directly in the QtOgre sample application if linked against a threaded Ogre build. If I can find an elegant solution to the incompatibility I'll pass it along.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

DAroo wrote:After compilation program couldn't localize scene file and crashed. I had to change file patch in the DemoGameLogic.cpp from "media\\scenes\\test.scene" to the "./media/scenes/test.scene". Some meshes had to be renamed:
Ralith wrote:Hey, I'm trying to get the demo to run on a Linux system. I had to make a few changes (jaiqua.mesh was referred to as Jaiqua.mesh, and the same for robot.mesh, which of course doesn't work on a case sensitive filesystem, the hardcoded render system lib path was wrong, and the loadScene call had to be changed to use forward slashes) but I did manage to get it to build and run.
Ok, I've fixed these with the exception of the hardcoded render system lib path. If someone on Linux can tell me a better way of doing this I'll happily change it. Does this work?:

mRoot->loadPlugin("RenderSystem_GL");
I've got a feeling it doesn't or I'd have done that in the first place. I think it needed the path.
DAroo wrote:To write plugin.cfg i've take a look at available plugins in the directory: /usr/lib/OGRE . Here is my plugin.cfg content:

# Defines plugins to load

# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=/usr/lib/OGRE

# Define plugins
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX
Plugin=Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Plugin=libPlugin_PCZSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeZone
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
I don't think QtOgre even loads plugins.cfg (I was going to use the QSettings stuff for this instead). Am I mistaken?
dermont wrote:The display:screen:window(:visual) will still work but for Ogre1.6.X only the window handle is used so can be simplified to: ...
So, to be clear, you believe all that is needed now is:

//Add the window handle parameters to the existing params set.
#if defined(Q_WS_WIN)		
	params["externalWindowHandle"] = Ogre::StringConverter::toString((unsigned long)(winId()));
#endif

#if defined(Q_WS_X11)
	params["parentWindowHandle"] = Ogre::StringConverter::toString((unsigned long)(winId()));
#endif
If you confirms this works on Linux (at least as well as before) then I will commit it. It's still strange that windows requires the 'externalWindowHandle' while Linux requires the 'parentWindowHandle'...
PaddyWagon wrote:Has this been tried this with OGRE_THREAD_SUPPORT #defined at 1 or 2?
No, I don't think so. I think mine is set to zero. I'll happily include any fixes if they don't break anything...
dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

PolyVox wrote: Ok, I've fixed these with the exception of the hardcoded render system lib path. If someone on Linux can tell me a better way of doing this I'll happily change it. Does this work?:

I've got a feeling it doesn't or I'd have done that in the first place. I think it needed the path.
In most cases you will need the full path, different distros may install Ogre to different locations,e.g:

mRoot->loadPlugin("/usr/local/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL");
A better way of doing this is, as suggested, is to use plugins.cfg.
PolyVox wrote: I don't think QtOgre even loads plugins.cfg (I was going to use the QSettings stuff for this instead). Am I mistaken?
It will if a plugins.cfg file is created, since you create Ogre::Root() and from the header file:

Root(const String& pluginFileName = "plugins.cfg", 
			const String& configFileName = "ogre.cfg", 
			const String& logFileName = "Ogre.log");
PolyVox wrote:
dermont wrote:The display:screen:window(:visual) will still work but for Ogre1.6.X only the window handle is used so can be simplified to: ...

#if defined(Q_WS_WIN)		
	params["externalWindowHandle"] = Ogre::StringConverter::toString((unsigned long)(winId()));
#endif

#if defined(Q_WS_X11)
#endif
If you confirms this works on Linux (at least as well as before) then I will commit it. It's still strange that windows requires the 'externalWindowHandle' while Linux requires the 'parentWindowHandle'...
I would leave as is, the current 'externalWindowHandle' implementation works on Linux and in theory should allow Ogre1.4.X to run against the framework.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

dermont wrote:
PolyVox wrote: Ok, I've fixed these with the exception of the hardcoded render system lib path. If someone on Linux can tell me a better way of doing this I'll happily change it. Does this work?:

In most cases you will need the full path, different distros may install Ogre to different locations,e.g:

mRoot->loadPlugin("/usr/local/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL");
A better way of doing this is, as suggested, is to use plugins.cfg.
PolyVox wrote: I don't think QtOgre even loads plugins.cfg (I was going to use the QSettings stuff for this instead). Am I mistaken?
It will if a plugins.cfg file is created, since you create Ogre::Root() and from the header file:

Root(const String& pluginFileName = "plugins.cfg", 
			const String& configFileName = "ogre.cfg", 
			const String& logFileName = "Ogre.log");
I stand corrected :-) Ok, it seems my efforts to do things without the .cfg files are causing more pain than gain, and confusing people (myself included). I notice an earlier poster would have had an easier time getting his particle systems working if plugins.cfg worked as expected. I'll address this.
dermont wrote:
PolyVox wrote:

#if defined(Q_WS_WIN)		
#endif

#if defined(Q_WS_X11)
#endif
I would leave as is, the current 'externalWindowHandle' implementation works on Linux and in theory should allow Ogre1.4.X to run against the framework.
Fine by me, I'll leave it as it is.
dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

PaddyWagon wrote:Has this been tried this with OGRE_THREAD_SUPPORT #defined at 1 or 2? I'm getting crossed thread problems and I'm not sure if it's my build that changed or if QT's thread doesn't like Ogre's separate thread during resource callbacks.

The symptom is an infinite loop that eats the stack and ending at a critical section unlock. I'll track down the specifics of where it enters the problem area if I can.

<edit>
On further testing this happens directly in the QtOgre sample application if linked against a threaded Ogre build. If I can find an elegant solution to the incompatibility I'll pass it along.
I think this may be an issue with the framework message logging. As a first step you can disable the LogListener to see if that resolves your problem:

void Application::initialiseLogging(void)

{
  //mInternalOgreLog->addListener(this);

void Application::shutdown(void)

{

//mInternalOgreLog->removeListener(this);
PaddyWagon
Halfling

Post by PaddyWagon »

I will run that test with the logger today and report back what I find out, thanks.

While I don't need the threading now I know that at some point it will be nice to load resources in the background, and I assume that the new paging mechanism being worked on for the main Ogre engine will require threading so working out all the kinks now will be a good thing :D
PaddyWagon
Halfling

Post by PaddyWagon »

Logging was it. I have taken the two lines of yours and wrapped them for now. A producer/consumer queue might be called for as a permanent fix to transfer the log messages between threads, but this will work temporarily.

#if defined(OGRE_THREAD_SUPPORT) && !OGRE_THREAD_SUPPORT
mInternalOgreLog->addListener(this);
#endif

mInternalOgreLog->removeListener(this);
#endif
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by PolyVox »

PaddyWagon wrote:Logging was it. I have taken the two lines of yours and wrapped them for now. A producer/consumer queue might be called for as a permanent fix to transfer the log messages between threads, but this will work temporarily.

mInternalOgreLog->addListener(this);
#endif

mInternalOgreLog->removeListener(this);
#endif
Another user already requested to be able to disable the logging, now it seems there is more motivation. I'll add it to my list.
chca
Gnoblar

Post by chca »

I tried to compile and start QtOgre Demo on my linux machine, but it crashes when starting (segfault).

Qt: 4.5.0 (ubuntu repo)
Ogre: 1.6.3 (../../ogre/configure --prefix=/srv/dev/ogre/dist --with-gui=gtk OIS_CFLAGS="-I/srv/dev/ogre/dist/include/ -I/srv/dev/ogre/dist/include/OIS" OIS_LIBS="-L/srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/ -lOIS" CEGUI_CFLAGS="-I/srv/dev/ogre/dist/include -I/srv/dev/ogre/dist/include/CEGUI" CEGUI_LIBS="-L/srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/" CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC)

gdb Log:

GNU gdb 6.8-debian
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/cc/daten/Projekte/trainsim/ref/qt/QtOgrePreview/trunk/Demo/Demo 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x7f3b8cf907e0 (LWP 30255)]
Couldn't resolve property: radialGradient6084
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!
Couldn't resolve property: linearGradient3409
Creating resource group General
Creating resource group Internal
Creating resource group Autodetect
SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Font
ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
FreeImage version: 3.10.0
This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all common bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,pgm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp2
DDS codec registering
Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL
Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
Plugin successfully installed
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_ParticleFX
Installing plugin: ParticleFX
Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Installing plugin: BSP Scene Manager
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager
Installing plugin: Cg Program Manager
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/libPlugin_PCZSceneManager
Installing plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Default' registered
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeZone
Installing plugin: Octree Zone Factory
Loading library /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
Installing plugin: Octree & Terrain Scene Manager
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.6.3 (Shoggoth)
Loading library /usr/local/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL
CPU Identifier & Features
-------------------------
 *   CPU ID: GenuineIntel: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz
 *      SSE: yes
 *     SSE2: yes
 *     SSE3: yes
 *      MMX: yes
 *   MMXEXT: yes
 *    3DNOW: no
 * 3DNOWEXT: no
 *     CMOV: yes
 *      TSC: yes
 *      FPU: yes
 *      PRO: yes
 *       HT: no
*** Starting GLX Subsystem ***
GLRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OgreWindow", 800x600 windowed  miscParams: FSAA=8 parentWindowHandle=11674416:0:73400358 
GLXWindow::create used FBConfigID = 161
GL_VERSION = 3.0.0 NVIDIA 185.18.29
GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER = GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum 
Supported GLX extensions: GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address 
*** GL Renderer Started ***
Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
GLSL support detected
GL: Using GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for rendering to textures (best)
FBO PF_UNKNOWN depth/stencil support: D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_L8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A4L4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_BYTE_LA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R5G6B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B5G6R5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A1R5G5B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A2R10G10B10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A2B10G10R10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R3G3B2 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
[GL] : Valid FBO targets PF_UNKNOWN PF_L8 PF_A8 PF_A4L4 PF_BYTE_LA PF_R5G6B5 PF_B5G6R5 PF_A1R5G5B5 PF_R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8 PF_A8R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8A8 PF_A2R10G10B10 PF_A2B10G10R10 PF_FLOAT16_RGB PF_FLOAT16_RGBA PF_FLOAT32_RGB PF_FLOAT32_RGBA PF_X8R8G8B8 PF_X8B8G8R8 PF_SHORT_RGBA PF_R3G3B2 PF_FLOAT16_R PF_FLOAT32_R PF_FLOAT16_GR PF_FLOAT32_GR PF_SHORT_RGB 
RenderSystem capabilities
RenderSystem Name: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
GPU Vendor: nvidia
Device Name: GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2
Driver Version: 3.0.0.0
 * Fixed function pipeline: yes
 * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
 * Texture blending: yes
 * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
 * Dot product texture operation: yes
 * Cube mapping: yes
 * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
   - Stencil depth: 8
   - Two sided stencil support: yes
   - Wrap stencil values: yes
 * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
 * Vertex programs: yes
 * Fragment programs: yes
 * Geometry programs: yes
 * Supported Shader Profiles: arbfp1 arbvp1 fp20 fp30 fp40 glsl gp4gp gpu_gp nvgp4 vp30 vp40
 * Texture Compression: yes
   - DXT: yes
   - VTC: yes
 * Scissor Rectangle: yes
 * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
 * User clip planes: yes
 * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
 * Infinite far plane projection: yes
 * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
 * Floating point textures: yes
 * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
 * Volume textures: yes
 * Multiple Render Targets: 8
   - With different bit depths: yes
 * Point Sprites: yes
 * Extended point parameters: yes
 * Max Point Size: 63.375
 * Vertex texture fetch: yes
   - Max vertex textures: 32
   - Vertex textures shared: yes
 * Render to Vertex Buffer : yes
 * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
 * Frame Buffer objects: yes
 * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
 * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
 * PBuffer suppport: no
 * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
Using FSAA from GL_ARB_multisample extension.
ResourceBackgroundQueue - threading disabled
Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
SceneManagerFactory for type 'BspSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
SceneManagerFactory for type 'PCZSceneManager' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'PCZLight' registered.
PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' registered
PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Terrain' registered
SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
SceneManagerFactory for type 'TerrainSceneManager' registered.
Added resource location './media/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
Added resource location './media/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
Added resource location './media/materials' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
Parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
Parsing scripts for resource group General
Parsing script Examples.program
GLSL compiling: Ogre/HardwareSkinningTwoWeightsGLSL
GLSL compiled : Ogre/HardwareSkinningTwoWeightsGLSL
Parsing script Jaiqua.material
GLSL compiling: Ogre/HardwareSkinningTwoWeightsShadowCasterGLSL
GLSL compiled : Ogre/HardwareSkinningTwoWeightsShadowCasterGLSL
Parsing script Robot.material
Finished parsing scripts for resource group General
Parsing scripts for resource group Internal
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal
Mesh: Loading jaiqua.mesh.
Skeleton: Loading jaiqua.skeleton
Texture: blue_jaiqua.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x1024x1) with 10 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x1024x1.
Mesh: Loading robot.mesh.
Skeleton: Loading robot.skeleton
Texture: r2skin.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 9 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7f3b8cf907e0 (LWP 30255)]
0x00007f3b78430162 in Ogre::Octree::_ref ()
   from /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeZone.so
Current language:  auto; currently asm
stack:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f3b78430162 in Ogre::Octree::_ref ()
#1  0x00007f3b78430195 in Ogre::Octree::_ref ()
#2  0x00007f3b781af630 in Ogre::Octree::_addNode ()
   from /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so
#3  0x00007f3b781a224b in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#4  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#5  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#6  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#7  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#8  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#9  0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#10 0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
#11 0x00007f3b781a2236 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_addOctreeNode ()
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#12 0x00007f3b781a2360 in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_updateOctreeNode ()
#13 0x00007f3b781ac208 in Ogre::OctreeNode::_updateBounds ()
#14 0x00007f3b8acb9a02 in Ogre::SceneNode::_update ()
   from /srv/dev/ogre/dist/lib/libOgreMain-1.6.3.so
#15 0x00007f3b8ab94cbf in Ogre::Node::_update ()
#16 0x00007f3b8acb99ec in Ogre::SceneNode::_update ()
#17 0x00007f3b8ac8ea10 in Ogre::SceneManager::_updateSceneGraph ()
#18 0x00007f3b781a1d0d in Ogre::OctreeSceneManager::_updateSceneGraph ()
#19 0x00007f3b8ac930c6 in Ogre::SceneManager::_renderScene ()
#20 0x00007f3b8aa349aa in Ogre::Camera::_renderScene ()
#21 0x00007f3b8ad90aa1 in Ogre::Viewport::update ()
#22 0x00007f3b8ac392b3 in Ogre::RenderTarget::updateImpl ()
#23 0x00007f3b8ac37d53 in Ogre::RenderTarget::update ()
#24 0x000000000042adaf in QtOgre::OgreWidget::paintEvent ()
#25 0x00007f3b8c3a26e6 in QWidget::event () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#26 0x00007f3b8c35178d in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper ()
   from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#27 0x00007f3b8c35997a in QApplication::notify () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#28 0x00007f3b8b72275c in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal ()
   from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#29 0x00007f3b8c3a99a5 in QWidgetPrivate::drawWidget ()
#30 0x00007f3b8c54bb5c in QWidgetPrivate::repaint_sys ()
#31 0x00007f3b8c3b23fe in ?? () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#32 0x00007f3b8c3c1f51 in QApplication::x11ProcessEvent ()
#33 0x00007f3b8c3ea464 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#34 0x00007f3b8899e20a in g_main_context_dispatch ()
   from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
#35 0x00007f3b889a18e0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
#36 0x00007f3b889a1a7c in g_main_context_iteration ()
   from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
#37 0x00007f3b8b74be6f in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents ()
#38 0x00007f3b8c3e9bef in ?? () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
#39 0x00007f3b8b721002 in QEventLoop::processEvents ()
#40 0x00007f3b8b7213cd in QEventLoop::exec () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#41 0x00007f3b8b723694 in QCoreApplication::exec ()
#42 0x000000000041cffd in QtOgre::Application::exec ()
#43 0x0000000000415e71 in main ()
Any idea?