Cannot find RenderSystem_GL?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Jamie_Edwards
Gnoblar

Cannot find RenderSystem_GL?

Post by Jamie_Edwards »

Hi guys,

So I've run into a bit of a problem. When trying to run Ogre, I have the following issue:

Code: Select all

OGRE EXCEPTION: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library RenderSystem_GL.so.1.10.0: cannot open shared file: No such file or directory
Now I can confirm that that file does exist. It exists in /usr/local/lib/OGRE.

Some of the solutions that I've tried include making a sym link from that folder to /usr/lib/OGRE and that didn't work.

One solution that did work is replacing the following line in my code :

lPluginNames.push_back("RenderSystem_GL");
to

lPluginNames.push_back("/usr/local/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL");
Which, as I said, did work... But I'm a little wary of it. Say I wanted to release my game to the public. Wouldn't that absolute path break if someone's system didn't have RenderSystem_GL in /usr/local/lib/OGRE?

So my question to you guys is... How can I fix this so that I don't have to give an absolute path, but rather have ogre find it and use that one?

I'm using:

Linux Mint 18,
Ogre 1.10 - Built from source
Eclipse Neon IDE

Thanks Guys!
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Cannot find RenderSystem_GL?

Post by spacegaier »

Not an Ogre@Linux guy, so I might be way off, but perhaps it is possible to list those paths in plugins.cfg? Never tried that or checked the respective Ogre code that handles that file.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...