[Solved] Problem building the ogre tutorial framework Topic is solved

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
danielspengler99
Gnoblar

[Solved] Problem building the ogre tutorial framework

Post by danielspengler99 »

Hello together,
After my first test with ogre I decided to try to use the ogre tutorials itself to learn writing programs with ogre, but I can't build the tutorial framework because it seems to need ois as an library. I don't have ois because I just builded ogre.

I builded ogre 1.10.8 in order to get the latest stable and I builded it successfully. But the framework is including some files I don't have. For example, as I wrote before, it includes ois. It also includes something called SDKTrays.h which I also don't have.

I noticed that this tutorial is for ogre 1.9, but I think it should also work with ogre 1.10, but I don't know how to get this missing files.

Do you know what I did wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Daniel
Last edited by danielspengler99 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danielspengler99
Gnoblar

Re: Problem building the ogre tutorial framework

Hello!
Thanks for this Linkt to a tutorial for 1.10, but now I have another problem:
When I include ogreApplicationContext I get many errormessages saying that there is a .dll needed in order to connect class 1 with class 2. Does anyone had this error? Can you tell me what there is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Daniel
Garibalde
Halfling

Post by Garibalde »

Can you post the error? I may have run into it.
1.10.8 uses SDL2 instead of OIS for inputs. You have to have the dlls in the directory with the exe.
Garibalde
VIRMED Simulation Technologies Inc.
http://www.virmed.com
danielspengler99
Gnoblar

Hello!

I fixed the program after a long time of trying out things.

The reason why it didn't work was quite simple:
Before I tried to run this program I compiled ogre, but I didn't got the sdk order as described in the building ogre guide. I didn't care about it and just made my own folder, but it seemed that I used another structure when ocre does, so it couldn't work.
Now I finally found what went wrong with the creation of the SDK folder: I had to right click on the install project and hit build again. As I did this it created the folder and now after giving all include paths it is working perfectly fine.