[1.10.8] OgreBites::InputListener::mouseButtonEvent - How to get the clicked mouseButton! Topic is solved

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
danielspengler99
Gnoblar

[1.10.8] OgreBites::InputListener::mouseButtonEvent - How to get the clicked mouseButton!

Post by danielspengler99 »

Hello together,
I am trying to do some stuff with input from keyboard and mouse in ogre, but there is one thing I couldn't find out to do: Getting the clicked mouseButton.

I am using the function bool mousePressed(...) to get mouseEvents and this is working fine. In this function I wrote a message with cout so I know that the function was called when I click the mouse.

Now I want to try to make an event which is just happening when a special button on the mouse was clicked. For example the left button.

For the keyBoardEvents you can go with evt.keySym.sym == SDLK_K for example.

I couldn't find something simelar for mouseinput. Can you tell me if there is something simelar for mouse input and mouse motion, because mouse motion would be also very important for me!

I searched in this forum for answers and also on other pages,, but couldn't find something.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Daniel
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [1.10.8] OgreBites::InputListener::mouseButtonEvent - How to get the clicked mouseButton!

Post by paroj »

OgreBites::MouseButtonEvent is just a typdef for SDL, hence:
https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_MouseButtonEvent
danielspengler99
Gnoblar

Re: [1.10.8] OgreBites::InputListener::mouseButtonEvent - How to get the clicked mouseButton!

Post by danielspengler99 »

Thank you that did the trick!

Regards