New iOS 1.9 SDK?

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
petrocket
Gremlin

New iOS 1.9 SDK?

Post by petrocket »

It seems the iOS 1.9 SDK is missing some critical fixes that are in the 1.9 branch. Namely, GLES2 render system having issues running in the simulator (dyld: program was built for Mac OS X and cannot be run in simulator). Any chance we can get an updated 1.9 SDK? For now I've manually built that 1.9 branch and am using that but I imagine that's a lot to ask of casual Ogre3d developers.
Ogre API & Manual | Ogre Wiki

blog | website | work

Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/petrocket
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Re: New iOS 1.9 SDK?

Post by frostbyte »

Any chance we can get an updated 1.9 SDK?
dont, think so...ogre 1.10 is the current default branch...ogre 1.9 will soon be legacy...
but the decision is of ios maintaner...
For now I've manually built that 1.9 branch and am using that but I imagine that's a lot to ask of casual Ogre3d developers.
can't agree with you on that one, give some credit...
i would dare say that if you're into c++ ,mobile devolpment and 3d graphics you can probably learn how to use cmake( configure->generate->make )
and overcome small obstacles( use the forum.... ), if you can't do even that...better use unity...

EDIT: ha funny i was just looking for that plugin with the stars i once saw in some forum...and here i am talking with the guy that wrote it...
reason i was looking for it, is because we are building a centeral repository for cool ogre plugins...https://bitbucket.org/ogreaddons
it is mainly for plugins without maintainers....glad to see that this plugin is well and being taken care of...
any way it's on bitbucket so we can't just put a fork and we don't want repos duality( any chance you move to bitbucket? )
so instead i might just put a link to your sourceForge project +some tempting galaxy images... :D
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
petrocket
Gremlin

Post by petrocket »

frostbyte wrote: dont, think so...ogre 1.10 is the current default branch...ogre 1.9 will soon be legacy...
but the decision is of ios maintaner...
Oh? Is there some timeframe for the 1.10 release? I found out about this issue because I have an iOS game called PZL that needs to run on iOS 8 and there's this new 64bit requirement blah blah blah, anyways, my own efforts to build the SDK were time consuming and daunting and I've been using Ogre for years and it wasn't simply a matter of firing up CMake and configuring, it involves multiple build configurations and lipo as you can see from the build script here http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... e+-+iPhone But even the build scripts didn't work for me because of missing dependancies and I am not so good at messing with CMake scripts so I ended up building via XCode and then hacking the build script to lipo the libs together and move the include files into the right folders, fun!

I honestly dunno how the iOS maintainer builds the SDK, but there has got to be a better way or some updated build script?
frostbyte wrote: any way it's on bitbucket so we can't just put a fork and we don't want repos duality( any chance you move to bitbucket? )
In regards to Spacescape, I don't think I'm going to move to bitbucket, just not a fan of their whole system, not that Sourceforge has a better system, but if I moved the source it would be to github.

I'm also trying to get a simple cross platform game kit based on Ogre3d working - key word being 'simple' and I was hoping to not need to distribute a working version of the Ogre SDK for each OS.
Ogre API & Manual | Ogre Wiki

blog | website | work

Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/petrocket
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

Oh? Is there some timeframe for the 1.10 release?
not that i know of, but i think it will happen within a couple of month...( april is alway a good time for a new release )
I honestly dunno how the iOS maintainer builds the SDK, but there has got to be a better way or some updated build script?
honestly i don't know, guess you'll have to wait for masterFalcons response...
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 96#p511928
In regards to Spacescape, I don't think I'm going to move to bitbucket,
no prob...i'll just put an empty repo with images and links to your cool project... :)
cross platform game kit based on Ogre3d working - key word being 'simple'
cross-platform and 'simple' doesn't really add-up( unless you use unity or something like that... )
I was hoping to not need to distribute a working version of the Ogre SDK for each OS.
i never saw official ogreSDK prebuild being repackaged after its first release...i guess it more for introduction purpose...
i do agree that building from source on all platform should be easy even for noobs...
i have some ideas regarding this...i dont know if they'll ever materialize, just started my investigation to the world of builds automation...
if you have any insight i'd be happy to hear...we already started discussions about this issues( where users can't even succeed in building ogre )...
there are talks about ogre nightly builds, but i think it won't happen any time soon( look at GDoC 2015 talks )...

yeah, i know its not smooth sailing when it comes to osx/ios....at least on other platforms( windows/linux/android/html )building is relatively easy
sorry for not being much help here :|
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos