[Please vote] Knowledge, Usage and Future of Ogre's RTSS

News, announcements and important global threads from the Ogre3D Team.

Are you aware of Ogre's RTSS and do you use it in your projects? If not, shy?

I use / have used it.
15%
I know how to use Ogre's RTSS, but haven't utilized it so far because ...
9%
I am aware of Ogre's RTSS, but don't know how to use it.
54%
Never heard of Ogre's RTSS so far.
22%

Total votes: 291

Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [Please vote] Knowledge, Usage and Future of Ogre's RTSS

Post by Assaf Raman »

What about a 3dmax exporter that betterr supports the RTSS features?
Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.
jonim8or
Goblin

Post by jonim8or »

I use a collection of material scripts that I manually wrote myself. I tried to use RTSS, but ran into some "I don't know how, or if, it is possible" problems. These can be summarised in the following points:
  • I need to be able to configure the complexity of the materials. per-vertex shading, per-pixel shading, shadows, normal maps. can I tell RTSS to generate different quality shaders from the same material file?
  • I am using a different kind of shadows (single shadow texture, the scenes I have are so complex that I can't afford three shadow-passes). I fade out the edge of the shadowed area, to make it less noticable. (manually scripted them in cg)
  • I am using a skin-system, which can generate new materials based on existing materials. It takes the existing material, clones it, and replaces the diffuse texture with an other. Would that work with RTSS?
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

Assaf Raman wrote:What about a 3dmax exporter that betterr supports the RTSS features?
That's an option as well, but I'd separate the material building part so it can be re-used in other applications.
Still, a separate tool would have its advantages:
- independent of 3D editor (it works with maya, 3Dmax, Blender, SketchUp, ...)
- preview in an Ogre render window, instead of having to tweak it so that materials look the same in Ogre as they did in the 3D editor preview
Developer @ MakeHuman.org
arkeon
Goblin

Post by arkeon »

I've already tested it but the lack of documentation and the limited number of shader types available at this time make me change my mind.
I think I should retry the current version.

@assaf
I could try to implement RTTS materials on the Easy Ogre Exporter for Max but I'll need a lot of material samples to find the max material equivalents.
Maybe that we could work together on this so you could add the missed predefined shader types.
OpenSpace 3D Project manager
http://www.openspace3d.com
Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Assaf Raman »

Sure, lets do that.
Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.
liumingod
Gnoblar

Post by liumingod »

I used RTSS before,but encountered some problems which made the application stuck when generate the shader. so, when the number of light changed,all materials have to be regenerate and computer the hash code. The huge time consuming shader generating make it stucked.
For a game application,stuck is the deadly problem.
Can the sub render state have some feature code, when combine them,the shader just have to generate one time.. this may make it very usefull..
Thanks,sorry for my poor English..
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

I use lots of shaders, and internally lots of cloned shaders with small modifications made on the fly, for soft spotlight shadows, deferred shading, fullscreen FX, etc. I just worked out how to do it myself. I'm vaguely aware of the RTSS, but don't really know if it does the kinds of things I need, never really looked into it. Thing is, I like customizing stuff a lot, so I don't even use the standard Ogre shadow functions, I created my own using RTT and stuff. The problem I find with things like the RTSS and inbuild Ogre shadows is that it locks you into a particular pattern, and it's hard or impossible to customize it just the way you want. I prefer controlling all this kind of stuff myself with more low level functions.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

liumingod wrote:some problems which made the application stuck when generate the shader. so, when the number of light changed,all materials have to be regenerate and computer the hash code.
RTShader has a cache so that once the shader is generated, it can be reused much faster later on. Maybe the solution is pre-generating all shaders for all required number of lights in your scene.
Also note that you can set RTSS so that you can manually manage the light counts. Then you have complete control over the number of lights that materials receive light from.
I would probably fix the number of lights for a given scene, so the x closest lights to any object will light it.
liumingod
Gnoblar

Post by liumingod »

duststorm wrote:
liumingod wrote:some problems which made the application stuck when generate the shader. so, when the number of light changed,all materials have to be regenerate and computer the hash code.
RTShader has a cache so that once the shader is generated, it can be reused much faster later on. Maybe the solution is pre-generating all shaders for all required number of lights in your scene.
Also note that you can set RTSS so that you can manually manage the light counts. Then you have complete control over the number of lights that materials receive light from.
I would probably fix the number of lights for a given scene, so the x closest lights to any object will light it.
Thanks for reply.
I know the GPU program has cahe. but the hash code generating from cpu program to find the gpu promgram is happend every time when lights num or fog param changed. I use INTEL VTUNE to check the stuck problem and find this is the most time consumed.
I'd like to use RTSS to make the shader cost minimum like uber shader for dynamic light. so a fixed lights count may be not good. like a light bind to a person walk around.
d000hg
Goblin

Post by d000hg »

I got round to reading the interesting wiki page on RTSS but it didn't fully illuminate me on the simple question: "If I just want to use RTSS as a FF replacement in GLES2/D3D11, what do I have to do?"

The wiki page seems to suggest you need quite a lot of code just to get it up and running, is there any reason we can't just have a "turn it on" option? ;)
Is simply copy-pasting that init code-block into our startup routine all one needs and it all happens by magic - some discussion on the lib/cache paths would be nice especially on iOS where you don't load libs dynamically?
d000hg
Goblin

Post by d000hg »

Oh and one more specific question... I have two scene managers in my project. I use MyGUI and render-boxes (basically a wrapped RTT), so I have one SM for my actual scene, and a second 'dummy' SM for MyGUI itself... when MyGUI renders a render-box it automatically renders my 'real' scene to a RTT and then uses this as a GUI element.

My question is, do I have to initialise RTSS separately for each SM? Since MyGUI relies on FF it won't work on GLES2 for example.
def87
Halfling

Post by def87 »

Although I haven't used RTSS yet and am still reading up on it, here are my two cents:

It has always been difficult to allow "users" of my applications access to shaders because it is way to complicated for the ordinary user, not developer, not even graphic artist.
RTSS sounds like a solution, if it would be accessible via scripting.

As a developer I would use both, RTSS and the direct approach for really special needs, where building RTSS components would not be needed because the user abstraction would not make sense or would be too much work.
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

def87 wrote:RTSS sounds like a solution, if it would be accessible via scripting.
Do you mean like the .material script support that RTSS currently offers (by use of a special rtshader_system section)?
def87
Halfling

Post by def87 »

duststorm wrote: Do you mean like the .material script support that RTSS currently offers (by use of a special rtshader_system section)?
IT looks like it does this already. I took a look at

https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre-1.7-b ... m.material

Wouldn't it make more sense to define a texture unit for the normal map and then reference that texture unit in the rtshader_system section? It would be easier to override.

Is a material without a rtshader_system entry treated as a normal material even if the view port scheme is set to RTShader?
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

i am aware of it ,but dont know how to use it due to the lack of documentation or a detailed wiki tutorial(will check the wiki link in a few minute to see if i understand)..have used it in a simple project and it worked well unlikely another one using artifex terra 3d terrain...i hope to fix it by reading the wiki!
have no idea how to use shaders ,materials and stuff..still a pending thing to learn,will check the manual for that very soon but i already looked into those files and it looks pretty simple to learn(i think)!
Rohithzhere
Gnoblar

Post by Rohithzhere »

Hey everyone,

I had used RTSS in one of my projects a gud 1 year ago. It definitely saved a lot of effort because back then my shader knowledge was worse than what it is now.
But that being said , we had a tough time setting RTSS up because of lack of good documentation/tutorials as few members have pointed out.Few "How to Do" articles will definitely help.

Regards,
Rohith H N
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

An area for improvement of RTSS is gracefully handling errors or at least having clear error messages.

For example having a colour_op_ex in your material file will make RTSS crash without clear indication why. That makes it rather user unfriendly.
JDX_John
Gnome

Post by JDX_John »

Here's a question... why do techniques using fixed-function report as supported on non-fixed-function hardware? Is it a bug or a feature, and how can I easily figure out a technique uses FFP?

Here's another, how would RTSS ShaderGenerator cope with a Technique which includes one fixed-function pass, and one shader-based pass?
sparkprime
Ogre Magi

Post by sparkprime »

I have my own shader generation system that has been in place for longer than RTSS has existed.
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

sparkprime wrote:I have my own shader generation system that has been in place for longer than RTSS has existed.
Interesting. Could you share some of your experience with that which might help us improve/extend the current RTSS?
KungFooMasta
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by KungFooMasta »

I'm aware of RTSS but don't know how to use it...

I'm trying to get Ogre running on Windows 8 in a WinRT app. Since there is no Fixed pipeline, I looked toward RTSS in hopes it would give me the same functionality with little hassle.

Since I don't use advanced shaders and have generally simple materials, it's been difficult trying to figure out how to get RTSS working. I'm using the latest Ogre, and all the Samples do not build. (There have been some breaking changes to RTSS)

What would be most beneficial for new adopters would be a re-write of a very basic Ogre tutorial, using RTSS.

As it stands now I'm trying to render the penguin model in my application, and getting a DirectX11 error about creating an InputLayout.
Creator of QuickGUI!
neoranga974
Kobold

Post by neoranga974 »

Hi,

Ive watched the rtss links http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... evelopment

When i read this page I understand nothing, i have no clue how to setup, where to start or if it is easy to add into a simple scene, there is some code that i just dont know where to put. And after watching all the schema images it looks more difficult and complicated than writting my shaders manually using ogre's basic material system with glsl/Cg shader attachment lol ! Maybe i am just not smart enough and missed something on the page, but i find that the rtss wiki needs easy tuts.

From my point of view the rtss looks like a pro tool developped by pros for the pros that a noob like me just cant use. And i dont have time to take a look at it because it is faster to use the old system.

I believe some day i will take a look at it because the idea of generating shader is great, maybe it will be more easy to understand and use in the future.

What i am expecting from a shader system is to work with a visual editor where you can add visual components and plug them to the material and the rtss would handle the shader generation in background using the bricks defined by the wysiwyg editor. Users should not have to code anything related to the shaders.

Having to write shaders in c++ instead of shader language is just a temporary hack untill the system converge into a good editor, because every good commercial game engine has one : unity, udk, cry engine, torque, C4 engine. etc. Many of you will say "ogre is not a game engine then ogre doesnt need game oriented stuff".

I know ogre isnt a game engine but this is about real time graphics. And a game is just like any 3d application except it is used for fun. Whats the difference between stellar simulation and asteroid game ? they both have collisions, gravity, physics simulation etc but in asteroid game you have a gun and you can shoot.
Even medical applications need shaders to display their stuff correctly so a shader editor is not game only oriented.

So the best thing that could happen is to have an editor and a runtime sdk to plug into ogre, like HellHeavenFx do.
http://www.hhvfx.com/
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70299

Make it, sell it, i need it, i will buy it, im not going to write a single line of code because there are a ton of other tools i could use instead of coding.
Save my time, i'll give you my money. I know im not alone in this case, if you make this you will have a lot of support. And of course you could even use crowdfunding.

If you make something that only a pro can use, maybe there is 10 pros that will use it, but if you make it for everybody, 0 phd in computer graphics (no knowledge in glsl/cg/hlsl)
- simple to install
- simple to use

How many people will use it ? more than 10 i believe, even more than 100.

I believe 100 is the number of new users per day created on this forum maybe.
And on 100 new users only 1 person will post a message like "[URGENT]How to change the title of the window ? [URGENT]" on the forum and maybe 99 switch to unity because it is more easy to use.

For the editor :

There is even some HTML 5 shader editor in javascript so why would someone still code a shader today when he can just plug some nodes together and hit the "start" button ?

It is named ThreeNodes, a visual dataflow editor.

Watch its description :
http://www.idflood.com/node/40

Html 5 shader Demo :
http://idflood.github.com/ThreeNodes.js ... index.html

Try the various Samples using the "Example"menu :
- http://idflood.github.com/ThreeNodes.js ... cube1.json
- http://idflood.github.com/ThreeNodes.js ... rial1.json

Now tell me why someone would want to code a shader manually in any language when he has the choice to use a wysiwyg shader editor with another affordable game engine ? It doesnt take more than 2 seconds to make the choice in my head about this.

If you want ogre to become more attractive then, make simple things, i am a sheep, and as a sheep i choose the easyest and fastest solution.

And if you dont want to make it for free, then sell it, we will pay for it if its not more expensive than what other game engines offer.
Doesnt particle universe sell particles to us already ?

Where is the Ogre assets/prefab store ? I cant find it ! Maybe ill just spend my money in unity :'(

=> 1200$ unity pro version, unfortunately im not in bill gates's family its too expansive for my wallet
and, the free version doesnt have shadows, so why would i use this ever ?

ogre offers various types of shadows for FREE and more than this, so developping mid-cost ready to use plugins would be a good deal between the community and the ogre developpers.

---------

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Exten ... xport_GLSL

If you use this you can look at the source of an exported shader, you can see every function used by blender's glsl shader generator exported from the shader nodes.
How it handles everything from shadows to normal mapping, spec, gamma etc.

I dream of exporting a shader from blender to ogre, using blender's shader node editor.

And if you have already used udk's material/shader editor, they have even functionality of vertex program animation, blender doesnt have this, its vertex program is the most basic one can be.

I dont know how advanced is the rtss but i think that if its not as advanced as blender's internal shader system, then looking at blender's source code could help to make it more complete.

http://www.blender.org/download/source-code/

Sample of exported glsl fragment program using the addon "game_export_GLSL_Shader.py" :

Code: Select all

/* These are needed for high quality bump mapping */
#version 130
#extension GL_ARB_texture_query_lod: enable
#define BUMP_BICUBIC

float exp_blender(float f)
{
	return pow(2.71828182846, f);
}

void rgb_to_hsv(vec4 rgb, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float cmax, cmin, h, s, v, cdelta;
	vec3 c;

cmax = max(rgb[0], max(rgb[1], rgb[2]));
	cmin = min(rgb[0], min(rgb[1], rgb[2]));
	cdelta = cmax-cmin;

v = cmax;
	if (cmax!=0.0)
		s = cdelta/cmax;
	else {
		s = 0.0;
		h = 0.0;
	}

if (s == 0.0) {
		h = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		c = (vec3(cmax, cmax, cmax) - rgb.xyz)/cdelta;

if (rgb.x==cmax) h = c[2] - c[1];
		else if (rgb.y==cmax) h = 2.0 + c[0] -  c[2];
		else h = 4.0 + c[1] - c[0];

h /= 6.0;

if (h<0.0)
			h += 1.0;
	}

outcol = vec4(h, s, v, rgb.w);
}

void hsv_to_rgb(vec4 hsv, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float i, f, p, q, t, h, s, v;
	vec3 rgb;

h = hsv[0];
	s = hsv[1];
	v = hsv[2];

if(s==0.0) {
		rgb = vec3(v, v, v);
	}
	else {
		if(h==1.0)
			h = 0.0;

h *= 6.0;
		i = floor(h);
		f = h - i;
		rgb = vec3(f, f, f);
		p = v*(1.0-s);
		q = v*(1.0-(s*f));
		t = v*(1.0-(s*(1.0-f)));

if (i == 0.0) rgb = vec3(v, t, p);
		else if (i == 1.0) rgb = vec3(q, v, p);
		else if (i == 2.0) rgb = vec3(p, v, t);
		else if (i == 3.0) rgb = vec3(p, q, v);
		else if (i == 4.0) rgb = vec3(t, p, v);
		else rgb = vec3(v, p, q);
	}

outcol = vec4(rgb, hsv.w);
}

float srgb_to_linearrgb(float c)
{
	if(c < 0.04045)
		return (c < 0.0)? 0.0: c * (1.0/12.92);
	else
		return pow((c + 0.055)*(1.0/1.055), 2.4);
}

float linearrgb_to_srgb(float c)
{
	if(c < 0.0031308)
		return (c < 0.0)? 0.0: c * 12.92;
	else
		return 1.055 * pow(c, 1.0/2.4) - 0.055;
}

void srgb_to_linearrgb(vec4 col_from, out vec4 col_to)
{
	col_to.r = srgb_to_linearrgb(col_from.r);
	col_to.g = srgb_to_linearrgb(col_from.g);
	col_to.b = srgb_to_linearrgb(col_from.b);
	col_to.a = col_from.a;
}

void linearrgb_to_srgb(vec4 col_from, out vec4 col_to)
{
	col_to.r = linearrgb_to_srgb(col_from.r);
	col_to.g = linearrgb_to_srgb(col_from.g);
	col_to.b = linearrgb_to_srgb(col_from.b);
	col_to.a = col_from.a;
}

#define M_PI 3.14159265358979323846
#define M_1_PI 0.31830988618379069

/*********** SHADER NODES ***************/

void vcol_attribute(vec4 attvcol, out vec4 vcol)
{
	vcol = vec4(attvcol.x/255.0, attvcol.y/255.0, attvcol.z/255.0, 1.0);
}

void uv_attribute(vec2 attuv, out vec3 uv)
{
	uv = vec3(attuv*2.0 - vec2(1.0, 1.0), 0.0);
}

void geom(vec3 co, vec3 nor, mat4 viewinvmat, vec3 attorco, vec2 attuv, vec4 attvcol, out vec3 global, out vec3 local, out vec3 view, out vec3 orco, out vec3 uv, out vec3 normal, out vec4 vcol, out float vcol_alpha, out float frontback)
{
	local = co;
	view = normalize(local);
	global = (viewinvmat*vec4(local, 1.0)).xyz;
	orco = attorco;
	uv_attribute(attuv, uv);
	normal = -normalize(nor);	/* blender render normal is negated */
	vcol_attribute(attvcol, vcol);
	vcol_alpha = attvcol.a;
	frontback = 1.0;
}

void mapping(vec3 vec, mat4 mat, vec3 minvec, vec3 maxvec, float domin, float domax, out vec3 outvec)
{
	outvec = (mat * vec4(vec, 1.0)).xyz;
	if(domin == 1.0)
		outvec = max(outvec, minvec);
	if(domax == 1.0)
		outvec = min(outvec, maxvec);
}

void camera(vec3 co, out vec3 outview, out float outdepth, out float outdist)
{
	outdepth = abs(co.z);
	outdist = length(co);
	outview = normalize(co);
}

void math_add(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	outval = val1 + val2;
}

void math_subtract(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	outval = val1 - val2;
}

void math_multiply(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	outval = val1 * val2;
}

void math_divide(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	if (val2 == 0.0)
		outval = 0.0;
	else
		outval = val1 / val2;
}

void math_sine(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval = sin(val);
}

void math_cosine(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval = cos(val);
}

void math_tangent(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval = tan(val);
}

void math_asin(float val, out float outval)
{
	if (val <= 1.0 && val >= -1.0)
		outval = asin(val);
	else
		outval = 0.0;
}

void math_acos(float val, out float outval)
{
	if (val <= 1.0 && val >= -1.0)
		outval = acos(val);
	else
		outval = 0.0;
}

void math_atan(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval = atan(val);
}

void math_pow(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	if (val1 >= 0.0)
		outval = pow(val1, val2);
	else
		outval = 0.0;
}

void math_log(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	if(val1 > 0.0  && val2 > 0.0)
		outval= log2(val1) / log2(val2);
	else
		outval= 0.0;
}

void math_max(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	outval = max(val1, val2);
}

void math_min(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	outval = min(val1, val2);
}

void math_round(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval= floor(val + 0.5);
}

void math_less_than(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	if(val1 < val2)
		outval = 1.0;
	else
		outval = 0.0;
}

void math_greater_than(float val1, float val2, out float outval)
{
	if(val1 > val2)
		outval = 1.0;
	else
		outval = 0.0;
}

void squeeze(float val, float width, float center, out float outval)
{
	outval = 1.0/(1.0 + pow(2.71828183, -((val-center)*width)));
}

void vec_math_add(vec3 v1, vec3 v2, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outvec = v1 + v2;
	outval = (abs(outvec[0]) + abs(outvec[1]) + abs(outvec[2]))/3.0;
}

void vec_math_sub(vec3 v1, vec3 v2, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outvec = v1 - v2;
	outval = (abs(outvec[0]) + abs(outvec[1]) + abs(outvec[2]))/3.0;
}

void vec_math_average(vec3 v1, vec3 v2, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outvec = v1 + v2;
	outval = length(outvec);
	outvec = normalize(outvec);
}

void vec_math_dot(vec3 v1, vec3 v2, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outvec = vec3(0, 0, 0);
	outval = dot(v1, v2);
}

void vec_math_cross(vec3 v1, vec3 v2, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outvec = cross(v1, v2);
	outval = length(outvec);
}

void vec_math_normalize(vec3 v, out vec3 outvec, out float outval)
{
	outval = length(v);
	outvec = normalize(v);
}

void vec_math_negate(vec3 v, out vec3 outv)
{
	outv = -v;
}

void normal(vec3 dir, vec3 nor, out vec3 outnor, out float outdot)
{
	outnor = nor;
	outdot = -dot(dir, nor);
}

void curves_vec(float fac, vec3 vec, sampler2D curvemap, out vec3 outvec)
{
	outvec.x = texture2D(curvemap, vec2((vec.x + 1.0)*0.5, 0.0)).x;
	outvec.y = texture2D(curvemap, vec2((vec.y + 1.0)*0.5, 0.0)).y;
	outvec.z = texture2D(curvemap, vec2((vec.z + 1.0)*0.5, 0.0)).z;

if (fac != 1.0)
		outvec = (outvec*fac) + (vec*(1.0-fac));

}

void curves_rgb(float fac, vec4 col, sampler2D curvemap, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol.r = texture2D(curvemap, vec2(texture2D(curvemap, vec2(col.r, 0.0)).a, 0.0)).r;
	outcol.g = texture2D(curvemap, vec2(texture2D(curvemap, vec2(col.g, 0.0)).a, 0.0)).g;
	outcol.b = texture2D(curvemap, vec2(texture2D(curvemap, vec2(col.b, 0.0)).a, 0.0)).b;

if (fac != 1.0)
		outcol = (outcol*fac) + (col*(1.0-fac));

outcol.a = col.a;
}

void set_value(float val, out float outval)
{
	outval = val;
}

void set_rgb(vec3 col, out vec3 outcol)
{
	outcol = col;
}

void set_rgba(vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col;
}

void set_value_zero(out float outval)
{
	outval = 0.0;
}

void set_value_one(out float outval)
{
	outval = 1.0;
}

void set_rgb_zero(out vec3 outval)
{
	outval = vec3(0.0);
}

void set_rgba_zero(out vec4 outval)
{
	outval = vec4(0.0);
}

void mix_blend(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	fac = clamp(fac, 0.0, 1.0);
	outcol = mix(col1, col2, fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_add(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = mix(col1, col1 + col2, fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_mult(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = mix(col1, col1 * col2, fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_screen(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = vec4(1.0) - (vec4(facm) + fac*(vec4(1.0) - col2))*(vec4(1.0) - col1);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_overlay(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

if(outcol.r < 0.5)
		outcol.r *= facm + 2.0*fac*col2.r;
	else
		outcol.r = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fac*(1.0 - col2.r))*(1.0 - outcol.r);

if(outcol.g < 0.5)
		outcol.g *= facm + 2.0*fac*col2.g;
	else
		outcol.g = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fac*(1.0 - col2.g))*(1.0 - outcol.g);

if(outcol.b < 0.5)
		outcol.b *= facm + 2.0*fac*col2.b;
	else
		outcol.b = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fac*(1.0 - col2.b))*(1.0 - outcol.b);
}

void mix_sub(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = mix(col1, col1 - col2, fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_div(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

if(col2.r != 0.0) outcol.r = facm*outcol.r + fac*outcol.r/col2.r;
	if(col2.g != 0.0) outcol.g = facm*outcol.g + fac*outcol.g/col2.g;
	if(col2.b != 0.0) outcol.b = facm*outcol.b + fac*outcol.b/col2.b;
}

void mix_diff(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = mix(col1, abs(col1 - col2), fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_dark(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol.rgb = min(col1.rgb, col2.rgb*fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_light(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol.rgb = max(col1.rgb, col2.rgb*fac);
	outcol.a = col1.a;
}

void mix_dodge(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col1;

if(outcol.r != 0.0) {
		float tmp = 1.0 - fac*col2.r;
		if(tmp <= 0.0)
			outcol.r = 1.0;
		else if((tmp = outcol.r/tmp) > 1.0)
			outcol.r = 1.0;
		else
			outcol.r = tmp;
	}
	if(outcol.g != 0.0) {
		float tmp = 1.0 - fac*col2.g;
		if(tmp <= 0.0)
			outcol.g = 1.0;
		else if((tmp = outcol.g/tmp) > 1.0)
			outcol.g = 1.0;
		else
			outcol.g = tmp;
	}
	if(outcol.b != 0.0) {
		float tmp = 1.0 - fac*col2.b;
		if(tmp <= 0.0)
			outcol.b = 1.0;
		else if((tmp = outcol.b/tmp) > 1.0)
			outcol.b = 1.0;
		else
			outcol.b = tmp;
	}
}

void mix_burn(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float tmp, facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

tmp = facm + fac*col2.r;
	if(tmp <= 0.0)
		outcol.r = 0.0;
	else if((tmp = (1.0 - (1.0 - outcol.r)/tmp)) < 0.0)
		outcol.r = 0.0;
	else if(tmp > 1.0)
		outcol.r = 1.0;
	else
		outcol.r = tmp;

tmp = facm + fac*col2.g;
	if(tmp <= 0.0)
		outcol.g = 0.0;
	else if((tmp = (1.0 - (1.0 - outcol.g)/tmp)) < 0.0)
		outcol.g = 0.0;
	else if(tmp > 1.0)
		outcol.g = 1.0;
	else
		outcol.g = tmp;

tmp = facm + fac*col2.b;
	if(tmp <= 0.0)
		outcol.b = 0.0;
	else if((tmp = (1.0 - (1.0 - outcol.b)/tmp)) < 0.0)
		outcol.b = 0.0;
	else if(tmp > 1.0)
		outcol.b = 1.0;
	else
		outcol.b = tmp;
}

void mix_hue(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

vec4 hsv, hsv2, tmp;
	rgb_to_hsv(col2, hsv2);

if(hsv2.y != 0.0) {
		rgb_to_hsv(outcol, hsv);
		hsv.x = hsv2.x;
		hsv_to_rgb(hsv, tmp); 

outcol = mix(outcol, tmp, fac);
		outcol.a = col1.a;
	}
}

void mix_sat(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

vec4 hsv, hsv2;
	rgb_to_hsv(outcol, hsv);

if(hsv.y != 0.0) {
		rgb_to_hsv(col2, hsv2);

hsv.y = facm*hsv.y + fac*hsv2.y;
		hsv_to_rgb(hsv, outcol);
	}
}

void mix_val(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

vec4 hsv, hsv2;
	rgb_to_hsv(col1, hsv);
	rgb_to_hsv(col2, hsv2);

hsv.z = facm*hsv.z + fac*hsv2.z;
	hsv_to_rgb(hsv, outcol);
}

void mix_color(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

outcol = col1;

vec4 hsv, hsv2, tmp;
	rgb_to_hsv(col2, hsv2);

if(hsv2.y != 0.0) {
		rgb_to_hsv(outcol, hsv);
		hsv.x = hsv2.x;
		hsv.y = hsv2.y;
		hsv_to_rgb(hsv, tmp); 

outcol = mix(outcol, tmp, fac);
		outcol.a = col1.a;
	}
}

void mix_soft(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float facm = 1.0 - fac;

vec4 one= vec4(1.0);
	vec4 scr= one - (one - col2)*(one - col1);
	outcol = facm*col1 + fac*((one - col1)*col2*col1 + col1*scr);
}

void mix_linear(float fac, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{

outcol = col1;

if(col2.r > 0.5)
		outcol.r= col1.r + fac*(2.0*(col2.r - 0.5));
	else
		outcol.r= col1.r + fac*(2.0*(col2.r) - 1.0);

if(col2.g > 0.5)
		outcol.g= col1.g + fac*(2.0*(col2.g - 0.5));
	else
		outcol.g= col1.g + fac*(2.0*(col2.g) - 1.0);

if(col2.b > 0.5)
		outcol.b= col1.b + fac*(2.0*(col2.b - 0.5));
	else
		outcol.b= col1.b + fac*(2.0*(col2.b) - 1.0);
}

void valtorgb(float fac, sampler2D colormap, out vec4 outcol, out float outalpha)
{
	outcol = texture2D(colormap, vec2(fac, 0.0));
	outalpha = outcol.a;
}

void rgbtobw(vec4 color, out float outval)  
{
	outval = color.r*0.35 + color.g*0.45 + color.b*0.2; /* keep these factors in sync with texture.h:RGBTOBW */
}

void invert(float fac, vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol.xyz = mix(col.xyz, vec3(1.0, 1.0, 1.0) - col.xyz, fac);
	outcol.w = col.w;
}

void hue_sat(float hue, float sat, float value, float fac, vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	vec4 hsv;

rgb_to_hsv(col, hsv);

hsv[0] += (hue - 0.5);
	if(hsv[0]>1.0) hsv[0]-=1.0; else if(hsv[0]<0.0) hsv[0]+= 1.0;
	hsv[1] *= sat;
	if(hsv[1]>1.0) hsv[1]= 1.0; else if(hsv[1]<0.0) hsv[1]= 0.0;
	hsv[2] *= value;
	if(hsv[2]>1.0) hsv[2]= 1.0; else if(hsv[2]<0.0) hsv[2]= 0.0;

hsv_to_rgb(hsv, outcol);

outcol = mix(col, outcol, fac);
}

void separate_rgb(vec4 col, out float r, out float g, out float b)
{
	r = col.r;
	g = col.g;
	b = col.b;
}

void combine_rgb(float r, float g, float b, out vec4 col)
{
	col = vec4(r, g, b, 1.0);
}

void output_node(vec4 rgb, float alpha, out vec4 outrgb)
{
	outrgb = vec4(rgb.rgb, alpha);
}

/*********** TEXTURES ***************/

void texture_flip_blend(vec3 vec, out vec3 outvec)
{
	outvec = vec.yxz;
}

void texture_blend_lin(vec3 vec, out float outval)
{
	outval = (1.0+vec.x)/2.0;
}

void texture_blend_quad(vec3 vec, out float outval)
{
	outval = max((1.0+vec.x)/2.0, 0.0);
	outval *= outval;
}

void texture_wood_sin(vec3 vec, out float value, out vec4 color, out vec3 normal)
{
	float a = sqrt(vec.x*vec.x + vec.y*vec.y + vec.z*vec.z)*20.0;
	float wi = 0.5 + 0.5*sin(a);

value = wi;
	color = vec4(wi, wi, wi, 1.0);
	normal = vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
}

void texture_image(vec3 vec, sampler2D ima, out float value, out vec4 color, out vec3 normal)
{
	color = texture2D(ima, (vec.xy + vec2(1.0, 1.0))*0.5);
	value = 1.0;

normal.x = 2.0*(color.r - 0.5);
	normal.y = 2.0*(0.5 - color.g);
	normal.z = 2.0*(color.b - 0.5);
}

/************* MTEX *****************/

void texco_orco(vec3 attorco, out vec3 orco)
{
	orco = attorco;
}

void texco_uv(vec2 attuv, out vec3 uv)
{
	/* disabled for now, works together with leaving out mtex_2d_mapping
	   uv = vec3(attuv*2.0 - vec2(1.0, 1.0), 0.0); */
	uv = vec3(attuv, 0.0);
}

void texco_norm(vec3 normal, out vec3 outnormal)
{
	/* corresponds to shi->orn, which is negated so cancels
	   out blender normal negation */
	outnormal = normalize(normal);
}

void texco_tangent(vec4 tangent, out vec3 outtangent)
{
	outtangent = normalize(tangent.xyz);
}

void texco_global(mat4 viewinvmat, vec3 co, out vec3 global)
{
	global = (viewinvmat*vec4(co, 1.0)).xyz;
}

void texco_object(mat4 viewinvmat, mat4 obinvmat, vec3 co, out vec3 object)
{
	object = (obinvmat*(viewinvmat*vec4(co, 1.0))).xyz;
}

void texco_refl(vec3 vn, vec3 view, out vec3 ref)
{
	ref = view - 2.0*dot(vn, view)*vn;
}

void shade_norm(vec3 normal, out vec3 outnormal)
{
	/* blender render normal is negated */
	outnormal = -normalize(normal);
}

void mtex_rgb_blend(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-fact;

incol = fact*texcol + facm*outcol;
}

void mtex_rgb_mul(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-facg;

incol = (facm + fact*texcol)*outcol;
}

void mtex_rgb_screen(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-facg;

incol = vec3(1.0) - (vec3(facm) + fact*(vec3(1.0) - texcol))*(vec3(1.0) - outcol);
}

void mtex_rgb_overlay(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-facg;

if(outcol.r < 0.5)
		incol.r = outcol.r*(facm + 2.0*fact*texcol.r);
	else
		incol.r = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fact*(1.0 - texcol.r))*(1.0 - outcol.r);

if(outcol.g < 0.5)
		incol.g = outcol.g*(facm + 2.0*fact*texcol.g);
	else
		incol.g = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fact*(1.0 - texcol.g))*(1.0 - outcol.g);

if(outcol.b < 0.5)
		incol.b = outcol.b*(facm + 2.0*fact*texcol.b);
	else
		incol.b = 1.0 - (facm + 2.0*fact*(1.0 - texcol.b))*(1.0 - outcol.b);
}

void mtex_rgb_sub(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	incol = -fact*facg*texcol + outcol;
}

void mtex_rgb_add(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	incol = fact*facg*texcol + outcol;
}

void mtex_rgb_div(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-fact;

if(texcol.r != 0.0) incol.r = facm*outcol.r + fact*outcol.r/texcol.r;
	if(texcol.g != 0.0) incol.g = facm*outcol.g + fact*outcol.g/texcol.g;
	if(texcol.b != 0.0) incol.b = facm*outcol.b + fact*outcol.b/texcol.b;
}

void mtex_rgb_diff(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-fact;

incol = facm*outcol + fact*abs(texcol - outcol);
}

void mtex_rgb_dark(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm, col;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-fact;

col = fact*texcol.r;
	if(col < outcol.r) incol.r = col; else incol.r = outcol.r;
	col = fact*texcol.g;
	if(col < outcol.g) incol.g = col; else incol.g = outcol.g;
	col = fact*texcol.b;
	if(col < outcol.b) incol.b = col; else incol.b = outcol.b;
}

void mtex_rgb_light(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	float facm, col;

fact *= facg;
	facm = 1.0-fact;

col = fact*texcol.r;
	if(col > outcol.r) incol.r = col; else incol.r = outcol.r;
	col = fact*texcol.g;
	if(col > outcol.g) incol.g = col; else incol.g = outcol.g;
	col = fact*texcol.b;
	if(col > outcol.b) incol.b = col; else incol.b = outcol.b;
}

void mtex_rgb_hue(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	vec4 col;

mix_hue(fact*facg, vec4(outcol, 1.0), vec4(texcol, 1.0), col);
	incol.rgb = col.rgb;
}

void mtex_rgb_sat(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	vec4 col;

mix_sat(fact*facg, vec4(outcol, 1.0), vec4(texcol, 1.0), col);
	incol.rgb = col.rgb;
}

void mtex_rgb_val(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	vec4 col;

mix_val(fact*facg, vec4(outcol, 1.0), vec4(texcol, 1.0), col);
	incol.rgb = col.rgb;
}

void mtex_rgb_color(vec3 outcol, vec3 texcol, float fact, float facg, out vec3 incol)
{
	vec4 col;

mix_color(fact*facg, vec4(outcol, 1.0), vec4(texcol, 1.0), col);
	incol.rgb = col.rgb;
}

void mtex_value_vars(inout float fact, float facg, out float facm)
{
	fact *= abs(facg);
	facm = 1.0-fact;

if(facg < 0.0) {
		float tmp = fact;
		fact = facm;
		facm = tmp;
	}
}

void mtex_value_blend(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;
	mtex_value_vars(fact, facg, facm);

incol = fact*texcol + facm*outcol;
}

void mtex_value_mul(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

facm = 1.0 - facg;
	incol = (facm + fact*texcol)*outcol;
}

void mtex_value_screen(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

facm = 1.0 - facg;
	incol = 1.0 - (facm + fact*(1.0 - texcol))*(1.0 - outcol);
}

void mtex_value_sub(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

fact = -fact;
	incol = fact*texcol + outcol;
}

void mtex_value_add(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

fact = fact;
	incol = fact*texcol + outcol;
}

void mtex_value_div(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

if(texcol != 0.0)
		incol = facm*outcol + fact*outcol/texcol;
	else
		incol = 0.0;
}

void mtex_value_diff(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

incol = facm*outcol + fact*abs(texcol - outcol);
}

void mtex_value_dark(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

float col = fact*texcol;
	if(col < outcol) incol = col; else incol = outcol;
}

void mtex_value_light(float outcol, float texcol, float fact, float facg, out float incol)
{
	float facm;

float col = fact*texcol;
	if(col > outcol) incol = col; else incol = outcol;
}

void mtex_value_clamp_positive(float fac, out float outfac)
{
	outfac = max(fac, 0.0);
}

void mtex_value_clamp(float fac, out float outfac)
{
	outfac = clamp(fac, 0.0, 1.0);
}

void mtex_har_divide(float har, out float outhar)
{
	outhar = har/128.0;
}

void mtex_har_multiply_clamp(float har, out float outhar)
{
	har *= 128.0;

if(har < 1.0) outhar = 1.0;
	else if(har > 511.0) outhar = 511.0;
	else outhar = har;
}

void mtex_alpha_from_col(vec4 col, out float alpha)
{
	alpha = col.a;
}

void mtex_alpha_to_col(vec4 col, float alpha, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = vec4(col.rgb, alpha);
}

void mtex_rgbtoint(vec4 rgb, out float intensity)
{
	intensity = dot(vec3(0.35, 0.45, 0.2), rgb.rgb);
}

void mtex_value_invert(float invalue, out float outvalue)
{
	outvalue = 1.0 - invalue;
}

void mtex_rgb_invert(vec4 inrgb, out vec4 outrgb)
{
	outrgb = vec4(vec3(1.0) - inrgb.rgb, inrgb.a);
}

void mtex_value_stencil(float stencil, float intensity, out float outstencil, out float outintensity)
{
	float fact = intensity;
	outintensity = intensity*stencil;
	outstencil = stencil*fact;
}

void mtex_rgb_stencil(float stencil, vec4 rgb, out float outstencil, out vec4 outrgb)
{
	float fact = rgb.a;
	outrgb = vec4(rgb.rgb, rgb.a*stencil);
	outstencil = stencil*fact;
}

void mtex_mapping_ofs(vec3 texco, vec3 ofs, out vec3 outtexco)
{
	outtexco = texco + ofs;
}

void mtex_mapping_size(vec3 texco, vec3 size, out vec3 outtexco)
{
	outtexco = size*texco;
}

void mtex_2d_mapping(vec3 vec, out vec3 outvec)
{
	outvec = vec3(vec.xy*0.5 + vec2(0.5, 0.5), vec.z);
}

void mtex_image(vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, out float value, out vec4 color)
{
	color = texture2D(ima, texco.xy);
	value = 1.0;
}

void mtex_normal(vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, out vec3 normal)
{
	// The invert of the red channel is to make
	// the normal map compliant with the outside world.
	// It needs to be done because in Blender
	// the normal used points inward.
	// Should this ever change this negate must be removed.
    vec4 color = texture2D(ima, texco.xy);
	normal = 2.0*(vec3(-color.r, color.g, color.b) - vec3(-0.5, 0.5, 0.5));
}

void mtex_bump_normals_init( vec3 vN, out vec3 vNorg, out vec3 vNacc, out float fPrevMagnitude )
{
	vNorg = vN;
	vNacc = vN;
	fPrevMagnitude = 1.0;
}

/** helper method to extract the upper left 3x3 matrix from a 4x4 matrix */
mat3 to_mat3(mat4 m4)
{
	mat3 m3;
	m3[0] = m4[0].xyz;
	m3[1] = m4[1].xyz;
	m3[2] = m4[2].xyz;
	return m3;
}

void mtex_bump_init_objspace( vec3 surf_pos, vec3 surf_norm,
							  mat4 mView, mat4 mViewInv, mat4 mObj, mat4 mObjInv, 
							  float fPrevMagnitude_in, vec3 vNacc_in,
							  out float fPrevMagnitude_out, out vec3 vNacc_out, 
							  out vec3 vR1, out vec3 vR2, out float fDet ) 
{
	mat3 obj2view = to_mat3(gl_ModelViewMatrix);
	mat3 view2obj = to_mat3(gl_ModelViewMatrixInverse);

vec3 vSigmaS = view2obj * dFdx( surf_pos );
	vec3 vSigmaT = view2obj * dFdy( surf_pos );
	vec3 vN = normalize( surf_norm * obj2view );

vR1 = cross( vSigmaT, vN );
	vR2 = cross( vN, vSigmaS ) ;
	fDet = dot ( vSigmaS, vR1 );

/* pretransform vNacc (in mtex_bump_apply) using the inverse transposed */
	vR1 = vR1 * view2obj;
	vR2 = vR2 * view2obj;
	vN = vN * view2obj;

float fMagnitude = abs(fDet) * length(vN);
	vNacc_out = vNacc_in * (fMagnitude / fPrevMagnitude_in);
	fPrevMagnitude_out = fMagnitude;
}

void mtex_bump_init_texturespace( vec3 surf_pos, vec3 surf_norm, 
{
	vec3 vSigmaS = dFdx( surf_pos );
	vec3 vSigmaT = dFdy( surf_pos );
	vec3 vN = surf_norm; /* normalized interpolated vertex normal */

vR1 = normalize( cross( vSigmaT, vN ) );
	vR2 = normalize( cross( vN, vSigmaS ) );
	fDet = sign( dot(vSigmaS, vR1) );

float fMagnitude = abs(fDet);
}

void mtex_bump_init_viewspace( vec3 surf_pos, vec3 surf_norm, 
{
	vec3 vSigmaS = dFdx( surf_pos );
	vec3 vSigmaT = dFdy( surf_pos );
	vec3 vN = surf_norm; /* normalized interpolated vertex normal */

vR1 = cross( vSigmaT, vN );
	vR2 = cross( vN, vSigmaS ) ;
	fDet = dot ( vSigmaS, vR1 );

float fMagnitude = abs(fDet);
}

void mtex_bump_tap3( vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, float hScale, 
                     out float dBs, out float dBt ) 
{
	vec2 STll = texco.xy;
	vec2 STlr = texco.xy + dFdx(texco.xy) ;
	vec2 STul = texco.xy + dFdy(texco.xy) ;

float Hll,Hlr,Hul;
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STll), Hll );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STlr), Hlr );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STul), Hul );

dBs = hScale * (Hlr - Hll);
	dBt = hScale * (Hul - Hll);
}

#ifdef BUMP_BICUBIC

void mtex_bump_bicubic( vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, float hScale, 
{
	float Hl;
	float Hr;
	float Hd;
	float Hu;

vec2 TexDx = dFdx(texco.xy);
	vec2 TexDy = dFdy(texco.xy);

vec2 STl = texco.xy - 0.5 * TexDx ;
	vec2 STr = texco.xy + 0.5 * TexDx ;
	vec2 STd = texco.xy - 0.5 * TexDy ;
	vec2 STu = texco.xy + 0.5 * TexDy ;

rgbtobw(texture2D(ima, STl), Hl);
	rgbtobw(texture2D(ima, STr), Hr);
	rgbtobw(texture2D(ima, STd), Hd);
	rgbtobw(texture2D(ima, STu), Hu);

vec2 dHdxy = vec2(Hr - Hl, Hu - Hd);
	float fBlend = clamp(1.0-textureQueryLOD(ima, texco.xy).x, 0.0, 1.0);
	if(fBlend!=0.0)
	{
		// the derivative of the bicubic sampling of level 0
		ivec2 vDim;
		vDim = textureSize(ima, 0);

// taking the fract part of the texture coordinate is a hardcoded wrap mode.
		// this is acceptable as textures use wrap mode exclusively in 3D view elsewhere in blender. 
		// this is done so that we can still get a valid texel with uvs outside the 0,1 range
		// by texelFetch below, as coordinates are clamped when using this function.
		vec2 fTexLoc = vDim*fract(texco.xy) - vec2(0.5, 0.5);
		ivec2 iTexLoc = ivec2(floor(fTexLoc));
		vec2 t = clamp(fTexLoc - iTexLoc, 0.0, 1.0);		// sat just to be pedantic

/*******************************************************************************************
 * This block will replace the one below when one channel textures are properly supported. *
 *******************************************************************************************
		vec4 vSamplesUL = textureGather(ima, (iTexLoc+ivec2(-1,-1) + vec2(0.5,0.5))/vDim );
		vec4 vSamplesUR = textureGather(ima, (iTexLoc+ivec2(1,-1) + vec2(0.5,0.5))/vDim );
		vec4 vSamplesLL = textureGather(ima, (iTexLoc+ivec2(-1,1) + vec2(0.5,0.5))/vDim );
		vec4 vSamplesLR = textureGather(ima, (iTexLoc+ivec2(1,1) + vec2(0.5,0.5))/vDim );

mat4 H = mat4(vSamplesUL.w, vSamplesUL.x, vSamplesLL.w, vSamplesLL.x,
					vSamplesUL.z, vSamplesUL.y, vSamplesLL.z, vSamplesLL.y,
					vSamplesUR.w, vSamplesUR.x, vSamplesLR.w, vSamplesLR.x,
					vSamplesUR.z, vSamplesUR.y, vSamplesLR.z, vSamplesLR.y);
*/	
		ivec2 iTexLocMod = iTexLoc + ivec2(-1, -1);

mat4 H;

for(int i = 0; i < 4; i++){
			for(int j = 0; j < 4; j++){
				ivec2 iTexTmp = iTexLocMod + ivec2(i,j);

// wrap texture coordinates manually for texelFetch to work on uvs oitside the 0,1 range.
				// this is guaranteed to work since we take the fractional part of the uv above.
				iTexTmp.x = (iTexTmp.x < 0)? iTexTmp.x + vDim.x : ((iTexTmp.x >= vDim.x)? iTexTmp.x - vDim.x : iTexTmp.x);
				iTexTmp.y = (iTexTmp.y < 0)? iTexTmp.y + vDim.y : ((iTexTmp.y >= vDim.y)? iTexTmp.y - vDim.y : iTexTmp.y);

rgbtobw(texelFetch(ima, iTexTmp, 0), H[i][j]);
			}
		}

float x = t.x, y = t.y;
		float x2 = x * x, x3 = x2 * x, y2 = y * y, y3 = y2 * y;

vec4 X = vec4(-0.5*(x3+x)+x2,		1.5*x3-2.5*x2+1,	-1.5*x3+2*x2+0.5*x,		0.5*(x3-x2));
		vec4 Y = vec4(-0.5*(y3+y)+y2,		1.5*y3-2.5*y2+1,	-1.5*y3+2*y2+0.5*y,		0.5*(y3-y2));
		vec4 dX = vec4(-1.5*x2+2*x-0.5,		4.5*x2-5*x,			-4.5*x2+4*x+0.5,		1.5*x2-x);
		vec4 dY = vec4(-1.5*y2+2*y-0.5,		4.5*y2-5*y,			-4.5*y2+4*y+0.5,		1.5*y2-y);

// complete derivative in normalized coordinates (mul by vDim)
		vec2 dHdST = vDim * vec2(dot(Y, H * dX), dot(dY, H * X));

// transform derivative to screen-space
		vec2 dHdxy_bicubic = vec2( dHdST.x * TexDx.x + dHdST.y * TexDx.y,
								   dHdST.x * TexDy.x + dHdST.y * TexDy.y );

// blend between the two
		dHdxy = dHdxy*(1-fBlend) + dHdxy_bicubic*fBlend;
	}

dBs = hScale * dHdxy.x;
	dBt = hScale * dHdxy.y;
}

#endif

void mtex_bump_tap5( vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, float hScale, 
{

vec2 STc = texco.xy;
	vec2 STl = texco.xy - 0.5 * TexDx ;
	vec2 STr = texco.xy + 0.5 * TexDx ;
	vec2 STd = texco.xy - 0.5 * TexDy ;
	vec2 STu = texco.xy + 0.5 * TexDy ;

float Hc,Hl,Hr,Hd,Hu;
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STc), Hc );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STl), Hl );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STr), Hr );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STd), Hd );
	rgbtobw( texture2D(ima, STu), Hu );

dBs = hScale * (Hr - Hl);
	dBt = hScale * (Hu - Hd);
}

void mtex_bump_deriv( vec3 texco, sampler2D ima, float ima_x, float ima_y, float hScale, 
{
	float s = 1.0;		// negate this if flipped texture coordinate

// this variant using a derivative map is described here
	// http://mmikkelsen3d.blogspot.com/2011/07/derivative-maps.html
	vec2 dim = vec2(ima_x, ima_y);
	vec2 dBduv = hScale*dim*(2.0*texture2D(ima, texco.xy).xy-1.0);

dBs = dBduv.x*TexDx.x + s*dBduv.y*TexDx.y;
	dBt = dBduv.x*TexDy.x + s*dBduv.y*TexDy.y;
}

void mtex_bump_apply( float fDet, float dBs, float dBt, vec3 vR1, vec3 vR2, vec3 vNacc_in,
					  out vec3 vNacc_out, out vec3 perturbed_norm ) 
{
	vec3 vSurfGrad = sign(fDet) * ( dBs * vR1 + dBt * vR2 );

vNacc_out = vNacc_in - vSurfGrad;
	perturbed_norm = normalize( vNacc_out );
}

void mtex_bump_apply_texspace( float fDet, float dBs, float dBt, vec3 vR1, vec3 vR2,
                               sampler2D ima, vec3 texco, float ima_x, float ima_y, vec3 vNacc_in,
							   out vec3 vNacc_out, out vec3 perturbed_norm ) 
{

vec3 vSurfGrad = sign(fDet) * ( 
	            dBs / length( vec2(ima_x*TexDx.x, ima_y*TexDx.y) ) * vR1 + 
	            dBt / length( vec2(ima_x*TexDy.x, ima_y*TexDy.y) ) * vR2 );

vNacc_out = vNacc_in - vSurfGrad;
	perturbed_norm = normalize( vNacc_out );
}

void mtex_negate_texnormal(vec3 normal, out vec3 outnormal)
{
	outnormal = vec3(-normal.x, -normal.y, normal.z);
}

void mtex_nspace_tangent(vec4 tangent, vec3 normal, vec3 texnormal, out vec3 outnormal)
{
	vec3 B = tangent.w * cross(normal, tangent.xyz);

outnormal = texnormal.x*tangent.xyz + texnormal.y*B + texnormal.z*normal;
	outnormal = normalize(outnormal);
}

void mtex_blend_normal(float norfac, vec3 normal, vec3 newnormal, out vec3 outnormal)
{
	outnormal = (1.0 - norfac)*normal + norfac*newnormal;
	outnormal = normalize(outnormal);
}

/******* MATERIAL *********/

void lamp_visibility_sun_hemi(vec3 lampvec, out vec3 lv, out float dist, out float visifac)
{
	lv = lampvec;
	dist = 1.0;
	visifac = 1.0;
}

void lamp_visibility_other(vec3 co, vec3 lampco, out vec3 lv, out float dist, out float visifac)
{
	lv = co - lampco;
	dist = length(lv);
	lv = normalize(lv);
	visifac = 1.0;
}

void lamp_falloff_invlinear(float lampdist, float dist, out float visifac)
{
	visifac = lampdist/(lampdist + dist);
}

void lamp_falloff_invsquare(float lampdist, float dist, out float visifac)
{
	visifac = lampdist/(lampdist + dist*dist);
}

void lamp_falloff_sliders(float lampdist, float ld1, float ld2, float dist, out float visifac)
{
	float lampdistkw = lampdist*lampdist;

visifac = lampdist/(lampdist + ld1*dist);
	visifac *= lampdistkw/(lampdistkw + ld2*dist*dist);
}

void lamp_falloff_curve(float lampdist, sampler2D curvemap, float dist, out float visifac)
{
	visifac = texture2D(curvemap, vec2(dist/lampdist, 0.0)).x;
}

void lamp_visibility_sphere(float lampdist, float dist, float visifac, out float outvisifac)
{
	float t= lampdist - dist;

outvisifac= visifac*max(t, 0.0)/lampdist;
}

void lamp_visibility_spot_square(vec3 lampvec, mat4 lampimat, vec3 lv, out float inpr)
{
	if(dot(lv, lampvec) > 0.0) {
		vec3 lvrot = (lampimat*vec4(lv, 0.0)).xyz;
		float x = max(abs(lvrot.x/lvrot.z), abs(lvrot.y/lvrot.z));

inpr = 1.0/sqrt(1.0 + x*x);
	}
	else
		inpr = 0.0;
}

void lamp_visibility_spot_circle(vec3 lampvec, vec3 lv, out float inpr)
{
	inpr = dot(lv, lampvec);
}

void lamp_visibility_spot(float spotsi, float spotbl, float inpr, float visifac, out float outvisifac)
{
	float t = spotsi;

if(inpr <= t) {
		outvisifac = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		t = inpr - t;

/* soft area */
		if(spotbl != 0.0)
			inpr *= smoothstep(0.0, 1.0, t/spotbl);

outvisifac = visifac*inpr;
	}
}

void lamp_visibility_clamp(float visifac, out float outvisifac)
{
	outvisifac = (visifac < 0.001)? 0.0: visifac;
}

void shade_view(vec3 co, out vec3 view)
{
	/* handle perspective/orthographic */
	view = (gl_ProjectionMatrix[3][3] == 0.0)? normalize(co): vec3(0.0, 0.0, -1.0);
}

void shade_tangent_v(vec3 lv, vec3 tang, out vec3 vn)
{
	vec3 c = cross(lv, tang);
	vec3 vnor = cross(c, tang);

vn = -normalize(vnor);
}

void shade_inp(vec3 vn, vec3 lv, out float inp)
{
	inp = dot(vn, lv);
}

void shade_is_no_diffuse(out float is)
{
	is = 0.0;
}

void shade_is_hemi(float inp, out float is)
{
	is = 0.5*inp + 0.5;
}

float area_lamp_energy(mat4 area, vec3 co, vec3 vn)
{
	vec3 vec[4], c[4];
	float rad[4], fac;

vec[0] = normalize(co - area[0].xyz);
	vec[1] = normalize(co - area[1].xyz);
	vec[2] = normalize(co - area[2].xyz);
	vec[3] = normalize(co - area[3].xyz);

c[0] = normalize(cross(vec[0], vec[1]));
	c[1] = normalize(cross(vec[1], vec[2]));
	c[2] = normalize(cross(vec[2], vec[3]));
	c[3] = normalize(cross(vec[3], vec[0]));

rad[0] = acos(dot(vec[0], vec[1]));
	rad[1] = acos(dot(vec[1], vec[2]));
	rad[2] = acos(dot(vec[2], vec[3]));
	rad[3] = acos(dot(vec[3], vec[0]));

fac=  rad[0]*dot(vn, c[0]);
	fac+= rad[1]*dot(vn, c[1]);
	fac+= rad[2]*dot(vn, c[2]);
	fac+= rad[3]*dot(vn, c[3]);

return max(fac, 0.0);
}

void shade_inp_area(vec3 position, vec3 lampco, vec3 lampvec, vec3 vn, mat4 area, float areasize, float k, out float inp)
{
	vec3 co = position;
	vec3 vec = co - lampco;

if(dot(vec, lampvec) < 0.0) {
		inp = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		float intens = area_lamp_energy(area, co, vn);

inp = pow(intens*areasize, k);
	}
}

void shade_diffuse_oren_nayer(float nl, vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float rough, out float is)
{
	vec3 h = normalize(v + l);
	float nh = max(dot(n, h), 0.0);
	float nv = max(dot(n, v), 0.0);
	float realnl = dot(n, l);

if(realnl < 0.0) {
		is = 0.0;
	}
	else if(nl < 0.0) {
		is = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		float vh = max(dot(v, h), 0.0);
		float Lit_A = acos(realnl);
		float View_A = acos(nv);

vec3 Lit_B = normalize(l - realnl*n);
		vec3 View_B = normalize(v - nv*n);

float t = max(dot(Lit_B, View_B), 0.0);

float a, b;

if(Lit_A > View_A) {
			a = Lit_A;
			b = View_A;
		}
		else {
			a = View_A;
			b = Lit_A;
		}

float A = 1.0 - (0.5*((rough*rough)/((rough*rough) + 0.33)));
		float B = 0.45*((rough*rough)/((rough*rough) + 0.09));

b *= 0.95;
		is = nl*(A + (B * t * sin(a) * tan(b)));
	}
}

void shade_diffuse_toon(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float size, float tsmooth, out float is)
{
	float rslt = dot(n, l);
	float ang = acos(rslt);

if(ang < size) is = 1.0;
	else if(ang > (size + tsmooth) || tsmooth == 0.0) is = 0.0;
	else is = 1.0 - ((ang - size)/tsmooth);
}

void shade_diffuse_minnaert(float nl, vec3 n, vec3 v, float darkness, out float is)
{
	if(nl <= 0.0) {
		is = 0.0;
	}
	else {

if(darkness <= 1.0)
			is = nl*pow(max(nv*nl, 0.1), darkness - 1.0);
		else
			is = nl*pow(1.0001 - nv, darkness - 1.0);
	}
}

float fresnel_fac(vec3 view, vec3 vn, float grad, float fac)
{
	float t1, t2;
	float ffac;

if(fac==0.0) {
		ffac = 1.0;
	}
	else {
		t1= dot(view, vn);
		if(t1>0.0)  t2= 1.0+t1;
		else t2= 1.0-t1;

t2= grad + (1.0-grad)*pow(t2, fac);

if(t2<0.0) ffac = 0.0;
		else if(t2>1.0) ffac = 1.0;
		else ffac = t2;
	}

return ffac;
}

void shade_diffuse_fresnel(vec3 vn, vec3 lv, vec3 view, float fac_i, float fac, out float is)
{
	is = fresnel_fac(lv, vn, fac_i, fac);
}

void shade_cubic(float is, out float outis)
{
	if(is>0.0 && is<1.0)
		outis= smoothstep(0.0, 1.0, is);
	else
		outis= is;
}

void shade_visifac(float i, float visifac, float refl, out float outi)
{
	/*if(i > 0.0)*/
		outi = max(i*visifac*refl, 0.0);
	/*else
		outi = i;*/
}

void shade_tangent_v_spec(vec3 tang, out vec3 vn)
{
	vn = tang;
}

void shade_add_to_diffuse(float i, vec3 lampcol, vec3 col, out vec3 outcol)
{
	if(i > 0.0)
		outcol = i*lampcol*col;
	else
		outcol = vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
}

void shade_hemi_spec(vec3 vn, vec3 lv, vec3 view, float spec, float hard, float visifac, out float t)
{
	lv += view;
	lv = normalize(lv);

t = dot(vn, lv);
	t = 0.5*t + 0.5;

t = visifac*spec*pow(t, hard);
}

void shade_phong_spec(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float hard, out float specfac)
{
	vec3 h = normalize(l + v);
	float rslt = max(dot(h, n), 0.0);

specfac = pow(rslt, hard);
}

void shade_cooktorr_spec(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float hard, out float specfac)
{
	float nh = dot(n, h);

if(nh < 0.0) {
		specfac = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		float i = pow(nh, hard);

i = i/(0.1+nv);
		specfac = i;
	}
}

void shade_blinn_spec(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float refrac, float spec_power, out float specfac)
{
	if(refrac < 1.0) {
		specfac = 0.0;
	}
	else if(spec_power == 0.0) {
		specfac = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		if(spec_power<100.0)
			spec_power= sqrt(1.0/spec_power);
		else
			spec_power= 10.0/spec_power;

float nh = dot(n, h);
		if(nh < 0.0) {
			specfac = 0.0;
		}
		else {
			float nv = max(dot(n, v), 0.01);
			float nl = dot(n, l);
			if(nl <= 0.01) {
				specfac = 0.0;
			}
			else {
				float vh = max(dot(v, h), 0.01);

float a = 1.0;
				float b = (2.0*nh*nv)/vh;
				float c = (2.0*nh*nl)/vh;

float g = 0.0;

if(a < b && a < c) g = a;
				else if(b < a && b < c) g = b;
				else if(c < a && c < b) g = c;

float p = sqrt(((refrac * refrac)+(vh*vh)-1.0));
				float f = (((p-vh)*(p-vh))/((p+vh)*(p+vh)))*(1.0+((((vh*(p+vh))-1.0)*((vh*(p+vh))-1.0))/(((vh*(p-vh))+1.0)*((vh*(p-vh))+1.0))));
				float ang = acos(nh);

specfac = max(f*g*exp_blender((-(ang*ang)/(2.0*spec_power*spec_power))), 0.0);
			}
		}
	}
}

void shade_wardiso_spec(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float rms, out float specfac)
{
	float nh = max(dot(n, h), 0.001);
	float nv = max(dot(n, v), 0.001);
	float nl = max(dot(n, l), 0.001);
	float angle = tan(acos(nh));
	float alpha = max(rms, 0.001);

specfac= nl * (1.0/(4.0*M_PI*alpha*alpha))*(exp_blender(-(angle*angle)/(alpha*alpha))/(sqrt(nv*nl)));
}

void shade_toon_spec(vec3 n, vec3 l, vec3 v, float size, float tsmooth, out float specfac)
{
	float rslt = dot(h, n);
	float ang = acos(rslt);

if(ang < size) rslt = 1.0;
	else if(ang >= (size + tsmooth) || tsmooth == 0.0) rslt = 0.0;
	else rslt = 1.0 - ((ang - size)/tsmooth);

specfac = rslt;
}

void shade_spec_area_inp(float specfac, float inp, out float outspecfac)
{
	outspecfac = specfac*inp;
}

void shade_spec_t(float shadfac, float spec, float visifac, float specfac, out float t)
{
	t = shadfac*spec*visifac*specfac;
}

void shade_add_spec(float t, vec3 lampcol, vec3 speccol, out vec3 outcol)
{
	outcol = t*lampcol*speccol;
}

void shade_add(vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col1 + col2;
}

void shade_madd(vec4 col, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col + col1*col2;
}

void shade_add_clamped(vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col1 + max(col2, vec4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0));
}

void shade_madd_clamped(vec4 col, vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col + max(col1*col2, vec4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0));
}

void shade_maddf(vec4 col, float f, vec4 col1, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col + f*col1;
}

void shade_mul(vec4 col1, vec4 col2, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col1*col2;
}

void shade_mul_value(float fac, vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = col*fac;
}

void shade_obcolor(vec4 col, vec4 obcol, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = vec4(col.rgb*obcol.rgb, col.a);
}

void ramp_rgbtobw(vec3 color, out float outval)
{
	outval = color.r*0.3 + color.g*0.58 + color.b*0.12;
}

void shade_only_shadow(float i, float shadfac, float energy, out float outshadfac)
{
	outshadfac = i*energy*(1.0 - shadfac);
}

void shade_only_shadow_diffuse(float shadfac, vec3 rgb, vec4 diff, out vec4 outdiff)
{
	outdiff = diff - vec4(rgb*shadfac, 0.0);
}

void shade_only_shadow_specular(float shadfac, vec3 specrgb, vec4 spec, out vec4 outspec)
{
	outspec = spec - vec4(specrgb*shadfac, 0.0);
}

void test_shadowbuf(vec3 rco, sampler2DShadow shadowmap, mat4 shadowpersmat, float shadowbias, float inp, out float result)
{
	if(inp <= 0.0) {
		result = 0.0;
	}
	else {
		vec4 co = shadowpersmat*vec4(rco, 1.0);

//float bias = (1.5 - inp*inp)*shadowbias;
		co.z -= shadowbias*co.w;

result = shadow2DProj(shadowmap, co).x;
	}
}

void shade_exposure_correct(vec3 col, float linfac, float logfac, out vec3 outcol)
{
	outcol = linfac*(1.0 - exp(col*logfac));
}

void shade_mist_factor(vec3 co, float miststa, float mistdist, float misttype, float misi, out float outfac)
{
	float fac, zcor;

zcor = (gl_ProjectionMatrix[3][3] == 0.0)? length(co): -co[2];

fac = clamp((zcor-miststa)/mistdist, 0.0, 1.0);
	if(misttype == 0.0) fac *= fac;
	else if(misttype == 1.0);
	else fac = sqrt(fac);

outfac = 1.0 - (1.0-fac)*(1.0-misi);
}

void shade_world_mix(vec3 hor, vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	float fac = clamp(col.a, 0.0, 1.0);
	outcol = vec4(mix(hor, col.rgb, fac), col.a);
}

void shade_alpha_opaque(vec4 col, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = vec4(col.rgb, 1.0);
}

void shade_alpha_obcolor(vec4 col, vec4 obcol, out vec4 outcol)
{
	outcol = vec4(col.rgb, col.a*obcol.a);
}

/*********** NEW SHADER UTILITIES **************/

float fresnel_dielectric(vec3 Incoming, vec3 Normal, float eta)
{
    /* compute fresnel reflectance without explicitly computing
       the refracted direction */
    float c = abs(dot(Incoming, Normal));
    float g = eta * eta - 1.0 + c * c;
    float result;

if(g > 0.0) {
        g = sqrt(g);
        float A =(g - c)/(g + c);
        float B =(c *(g + c)- 1.0)/(c *(g - c)+ 1.0);
        result = 0.5 * A * A *(1.0 + B * B);
    }
    else
        result = 1.0;  /* TIR (no refracted component) */

return result;
}

float hypot(float x, float y)
{
	return sqrt(x*x + y*y);
}

/*********** NEW SHADER NODES ***************/

#define NUM_LIGHTS 3

/* bsdfs */

void node_bsdf_diffuse(vec4 color, float roughness, vec3 N, out vec4 result)
{
	/* ambient light */
	vec3 L = vec3(0.2);

/* directional lights */
	for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LIGHTS; i++) {
		vec3 light_position = gl_LightSource[i].position.xyz;
		vec3 light_diffuse = gl_LightSource[i].diffuse.rgb;

float bsdf = max(dot(N, light_position), 0.0);
		L += light_diffuse*bsdf;
	}

result = vec4(L*color.rgb, 1.0);
}

void node_bsdf_glossy(vec4 color, float roughness, vec3 N, vec3 I, out vec4 result)
{
	/* ambient light */
	vec3 L = vec3(0.2);

/* directional lights */
	for(int i = 0; i < NUM_LIGHTS; i++) {
		vec3 light_position = gl_LightSource[i].position.xyz;
		vec3 H = gl_LightSource[i].halfVector.xyz;
		vec3 light_diffuse = gl_LightSource[i].diffuse.rgb;
		vec3 light_specular = gl_LightSource[i].specular.rgb;

/* we mix in some diffuse so low roughness still shows up */
		float bsdf = 0.5*pow(max(dot(N, H), 0.0), 1.0/roughness);
		bsdf += 0.5*max(dot(N, light_position), 0.0);
		L += light_specular*bsdf;
	}

result = vec4(L*color.rgb, 1.0);
}

void node_bsdf_anisotropic(vec4 color, float roughnessU, float roughnessV, vec3 N, vec3 I, out vec4 result)
{
	node_bsdf_diffuse(color, 0.0, N, result);
}

void node_bsdf_glass(vec4 color, float roughness, float ior, vec3 N, vec3 I, out vec4 result)
{
}

void node_bsdf_translucent(vec4 color, vec3 N, out vec4 result)
{
}

void node_bsdf_transparent(vec4 color, out vec4 result)
{
	/* this isn't right */
	result.r = color.r;
	result.g = color.g;
	result.b = color.b;
	result.a = 0.0;
}

void node_bsdf_velvet(vec4 color, float sigma, vec3 N, out vec4 result)
{
}

/* emission */

void node_emission(vec4 color, float strength, vec3 N, out vec4 result)
{
	result = color*strength;
}

/* closures */

void node_mix_shader(float fac, vec4 shader1, vec4 shader2, out vec4 shader)
{
	shader = mix(shader1, shader2, fac);
}

void node_add_shader(vec4 shader1, vec4 shader2, out vec4 shader)
{
	shader = shader1 + shader2;
}

/* fresnel */

void node_fresnel(float ior, vec3 N, vec3 I, out float result)
{
	float eta = max(ior, 0.00001);
	result = fresnel_dielectric(I, N, eta); //backfacing()? 1.0/eta: eta);
}

/* geometry */

void node_geometry(vec3 I, vec3 N, mat4 toworld,
	out vec3 position, out vec3 normal, out vec3 tangent,
	out vec3 true_normal, out vec3 incoming, out vec3 parametric,
	out float backfacing)
{
	position = (toworld*vec4(I, 1.0)).xyz;
	normal = N;
	tangent = vec3(0.0);
	true_normal = N;
	incoming = I;
	parametric = vec3(0.0);
	backfacing = 0.0;
}

void node_tex_coord(vec3 I, vec3 N, mat4 toworld,
	vec3 attr_orco, vec3 attr_uv,
	out vec3 generated, out vec3 uv, out vec3 object,
	out vec3 camera, out vec3 window, out vec3 reflection)
{
	generated = attr_orco;
	uv = attr_uv;
	object = I;
	camera = I;
	window = gl_FragCoord.xyz;
	reflection = reflect(N, I);

}

/* textures */

void node_tex_gradient(vec3 co, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_checker(vec3 co, vec4 color1, vec4 color2, float scale, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_clouds(vec3 co, float size, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_environment(vec3 co, sampler2D ima, out vec4 color)
{
	float u = (atan(co.y, co.x) + M_PI)/(2.0*M_PI);
	float v = atan(co.z, hypot(co.x, co.y))/M_PI + 0.5;

color = texture2D(ima, vec2(u, v));
}

void node_tex_image(vec3 co, sampler2D ima, out vec4 color, out float alpha)
{
	color = texture2D(ima, co.xy);
	alpha = color.a;
}

void node_tex_magic(vec3 p, float scale, float distortion, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_musgrave(vec3 co, float scale, float detail, float dimension, float lacunarity, float offset, float gain, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_noise(vec3 co, float scale, float detail, float distortion, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_sky(vec3 co, out vec4 color)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
}

void node_tex_voronoi(vec3 co, float scale, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

void node_tex_wave(vec3 co, float scale, float distortion, float detail, float detail_scale, out vec4 color, out float fac)
{
	color = vec4(1.0);
	fac = 1.0;
}

/* light path */

void node_light_path(
	out float is_camera_ray,
	out float is_shadow_ray,
	out float is_diffuse_ray,
	out float is_glossy_ray,
	out float is_singular_ray,
	out float is_reflection_ray,
	out float is_transmission_ray)
{
	is_camera_ray = 1.0;
	is_shadow_ray = 0.0;
	is_diffuse_ray = 0.0;
	is_glossy_ray = 0.0;
	is_singular_ray = 0.0;
	is_reflection_ray = 0.0;
	is_transmission_ray = 0.0;
}

/* output */

void node_output_material(vec4 surface, vec4 volume, float displacement, out vec4 result)
{
	result = surface;
}

varying vec3 varnormal;
varying vec3 varposition;
uniform vec3 unf8;
const float cons12 = float(29.999983);
const float cons22 = float(0.800000);
uniform vec4 unf25;
const vec4 cons29 = vec4(0.800000, 0.190209, 0.087965, 0.000000);
const float cons34 = float(50.000000);
const float cons36 = float(1.000000);
const float cons37 = float(0.500000);
uniform vec3 unf42;
const vec3 cons43 = vec3(1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000);
uniform vec3 unf49;
const float cons53 = float(29.999983);
const float cons63 = float(0.800000);
uniform vec4 unf66;
const vec4 cons70 = vec4(0.800000, 0.190209, 0.087965, 0.000000);
const float cons75 = float(50.000000);
const float cons77 = float(1.000000);
const float cons78 = float(0.500000);
uniform vec3 unf83;
const vec3 cons84 = vec3(1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000);
uniform vec3 unf90;
const float cons94 = float(29.999983);
const float cons104 = float(0.800000);
uniform vec4 unf107;
const vec4 cons111 = vec4(0.800000, 0.190209, 0.087965, 0.000000);
const float cons116 = float(50.000000);
const float cons118 = float(1.000000);
const float cons119 = float(0.500000);
uniform vec3 unf124;
const vec3 cons125 = vec3(1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000);
const float cons134 = float(1.000000);

void main(void)
{
	vec3 tmp2;
	vec3 tmp4;
	vec3 tmp5;
	vec3 tmp6;
	vec3 tmp9;
	float tmp10;
	float tmp11;
	float tmp14;
	float tmp16;
	float tmp19;
	float tmp23;
	vec4 tmp26;
	vec4 tmp30;
	float tmp35;
	float tmp40;
	vec3 tmp44;
	vec4 tmp47;
	vec3 tmp50;
	float tmp51;
	float tmp52;
	float tmp55;
	float tmp57;
	float tmp60;
	float tmp64;
	vec4 tmp67;
	vec4 tmp71;
	float tmp76;
	float tmp81;
	vec3 tmp85;
	vec4 tmp88;
	vec3 tmp91;
	float tmp92;
	float tmp93;
	float tmp96;
	float tmp98;
	float tmp101;
	float tmp105;
	vec4 tmp108;
	vec4 tmp112;
	float tmp117;
	float tmp122;
	vec3 tmp126;
	vec4 tmp129;
	vec4 tmp132;
	vec4 tmp135;
	vec4 tmp137;
	vec4 tmp139;

shade_norm(varnormal, tmp2);
	shade_view(varposition, tmp4);
	set_rgb_zero(tmp5);
	set_rgb_zero(tmp6);
	lamp_visibility_other(varposition, unf8, tmp9, tmp10, tmp11);
	lamp_falloff_invsquare(cons12, tmp10, tmp14);
	lamp_visibility_clamp(tmp14, tmp16);
	shade_inp(tmp2, tmp9, tmp19);
	shade_visifac(tmp19, tmp16, cons22, tmp23);
	shade_mul_value(tmp23, unf25, tmp26);
	shade_madd_clamped(vec4(tmp5, 1.0), tmp26, cons29, tmp30);
	shade_cooktorr_spec(tmp2, tmp9, tmp4, cons34, tmp35);
	shade_spec_t(cons36, cons37, tmp16, tmp35, tmp40);
	shade_add_spec(tmp40, unf42, cons43, tmp44);
	shade_add_clamped(vec4(tmp6, 1.0), vec4(tmp44, 1.0), tmp47);
	lamp_visibility_other(varposition, unf49, tmp50, tmp51, tmp52);
	lamp_falloff_invsquare(cons53, tmp51, tmp55);
	lamp_visibility_clamp(tmp55, tmp57);
	shade_inp(tmp2, tmp50, tmp60);
	shade_visifac(tmp60, tmp57, cons63, tmp64);
	shade_mul_value(tmp64, unf66, tmp67);
	shade_madd_clamped(tmp30, tmp67, cons70, tmp71);
	shade_cooktorr_spec(tmp2, tmp50, tmp4, cons75, tmp76);
	shade_spec_t(cons77, cons78, tmp57, tmp76, tmp81);
	shade_add_spec(tmp81, unf83, cons84, tmp85);
	shade_add_clamped(tmp47, vec4(tmp85, 1.0), tmp88);
	lamp_visibility_other(varposition, unf90, tmp91, tmp92, tmp93);
	lamp_falloff_invsquare(cons94, tmp92, tmp96);
	lamp_visibility_clamp(tmp96, tmp98);
	shade_inp(tmp2, tmp91, tmp101);
	shade_visifac(tmp101, tmp98, cons104, tmp105);
	shade_mul_value(tmp105, unf107, tmp108);
	shade_madd_clamped(tmp71, tmp108, cons111, tmp112);
	shade_cooktorr_spec(tmp2, tmp91, tmp4, cons116, tmp117);
	shade_spec_t(cons118, cons119, tmp98, tmp117, tmp122);
	shade_add_spec(tmp122, unf124, cons125, tmp126);
	shade_add_clamped(tmp88, vec4(tmp126, 1.0), tmp129);
	shade_add(tmp112, tmp129, tmp132);
	mtex_alpha_to_col(tmp132, cons134, tmp135);
	shade_alpha_opaque(tmp135, tmp137);
	linearrgb_to_srgb(tmp137, tmp139);

gl_FragColor = tmp139;
}

Sample of exported vertex program

Code: Select all

varying vec3 varposition;
varying vec3 varnormal;

void main()
{
	vec4 co = gl_ModelViewMatrix * gl_Vertex;

varposition = co.xyz;
	varnormal = normalize(gl_NormalMatrix * gl_Normal);
	gl_Position = gl_ProjectionMatrix * co;

}
aoikonom
Gnoblar

Post by aoikonom »

We are using RTSS in project we develop now targeting OpenGLES 2 for mobile phones.

We have some problems with not rendering everything correctly especially with alpha_rejection and in many cases we take the generated code and edit it to create a static shader.
HeadClot
Gnoblar

Post by HeadClot »

I have never heard of it.
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by syedhs »

RTSS is good, but it probably works 90% of the time but having the rest not working will make it non-usable.. as it is basically a blackbox.. People use it, and simply hope it works. If it doesn't work, most people simply surrender and use their own shaders. Probably what left to do is:-
1) Make it easier for people to extend RTSS for their own uses.. It is possible to extend, but I think it looks complicated.
2) Fatal error should be made clearer (eg clearly spelt in log file).
3) More documentation...

It just needs a little more polish.. I believe.
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me