How to integrate wxWidgets with OGRE 1.2?

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Noiprox
Halfling

How to integrate wxWidgets with OGRE 1.2?

Post by Noiprox »

Hi,

I am having difficulty finding recent information about how to integrate OGRE (Dagon) with wxWidgets. Has anyone achieved this recently? Is there perhaps some example code or tutorial anywhere? Ideally I would like to have multiple viewports, though this apparently is very difficult as OpenGL (and consequently OGRE) does not support it at all? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dieter Buys
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." - John Donne
Glen_HockeyOgre
Gnoblar

interating WxWidgets into Ogre1.2

Post by Glen_HockeyOgre »

Yeah! I too was wondering how to integrate WxWidgets into the latest release of Ogre. It seems all the examples on how to integrate WX are for Ogre1.0.1(Azathoth) and no longer work (and I have spent a good deal of time trying to make them work). I have tried the WxOgre stuff in the wiki and scowered the forums for anything.

Any help for getting WxWidgets to work in Ogre 1.2.x (Dagon) would be great.
Thanks,
G
Hockey is a game where the team with the most real men on the ice is the winner
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Firstly you'll have to tell us what's wrong with the WxOgre example in the Wiki - not ever having used WxWidgets I'm not aware of any issues. It could just be that you need to call the PlatformManager::messagePump method to ensure that window events are kept flowing.
Eponymoose
Gnoblar

Post by Eponymoose »

I was also attempting to was trying to get wxOgre to work. I couldn't get wxOgre to compile, there seemed to be enough diferences in Ogre Dagon and the newer wxWidgets 2.6.3 from thier respective earlier version that the code doesn't work. I'm trying to get it to work, but I am inexpirienced with both Ogre and Widgets to the likely hood of this happening isn't very high.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Noiprox
Halfling

Post by Noiprox »

That's very helpful, thanks!
Dieter Buys
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." - John Donne