Contribute code and development assets to the engine?

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
kutlesh
Gnoblar

Contribute code and development assets to the engine?

Post by kutlesh » Tue May 01, 2018 4:31 pm

I am quite interested in game development because i find the process of making games fun and interesting.
However I cannot brag about a vast experience apart from 2/3 JavaScript/Phaser simple games and few Flash/AS3 games.
However I have good Software Engineering ground. Have tried several languages, like Java, C#, JS, AS3, some PHP and I have bachelor degree in SE.

Contributing is the best way to gather experience. Does this engine/community allows newcomers to contribute with code or any kind of software development?

I see, Unreal Tournament project allows such thing, but I had to make sure to ask here as well.
0 x

xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: Contribute code and development assets to the engine?

Post by xrgo » Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Welcome!
off course!!!! but to contribute code you should be a bit more experienced in Ogre.
maybe you could start using it and when you achieve something that its not in the samples, make a sample and commit it.
Documentation is also very welcome.
And if you're an artist assets are also very welcome, samples right now show very basic geometries/textures, something more eyecandy will be very appreciated.

cheers!!
0 x

kutlesh
Gnoblar

Post by kutlesh » Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Hmm, writing technical documentation seems as good start.
0 x

kutlesh
Gnoblar

Post by kutlesh » Thu May 03, 2018 6:03 pm

I am guessing, this page is a starting point http://wiki.ogre3d.org/tiki-index.php ?
Creating Content section maybe?
0 x