OGRE not dying but survive difficult
OGRE is only a rendering library. Just a toolset. This decision is successful but painfully
Mobile platform is a big opportunity, But OGRE 2.x does not support well.
I think OGRE lacks a common component across platforms:
0. Vulkan (API) for mobile platform is Urgent
1. Unified file system, like cocos2d. At IOS and Android have same interface.
2. OS System event, like touchs event, I think ois is not a good choice. We need native solution.
3. Embedding OGRE into Android ios need more easier, The launch process of OGRE is too vague,
Especially RanderTarget mapper to Android SurfaceView, IOS UIWindow UIView.
4. CMake is good, but A specific compilable project is so important. Many newbies are confused here.
In addition, when I use ogre, I manually re-do all project
for the dependencies and ogre itself,
so my partners will not get lost in CMake.
5. Resource format export tool, mesh material etc. The blender2ogre is good, but not Official. not stable.
Resources are more difficult to produce.
6. UI Library, MyGUI CEGUI recent update seems to be slowing, which makes me very worried
Once the downstream ecosystem of the rendering engine stops, it brings the loss of users.
Cross-platform out of the box
is very attractive.
This is my build system in a specific environment, which can be compiled directly and completely.