Hello OGRE (=

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Feral
Halfling

Hello OGRE (=

Post by Feral »

Hello, nice to meet everyone.

I have been watching OGRE from afar for a while and this is the first time I’m seriously sitting down and seeing what I can do with it.

So far the first snag is input related, and while messing with and doing copious amounts of searching I hit upon the idea of making the input subsystem in OGRE a plugin. This seems quite reasonable given that the input in OGRE is just for convenience in the first place and a plugin would make it quite easy to replace or discard all together. From a first-look design stance it seems reasonable anyway. How feasible this is in reality remains to be seen. Commentary welcome (=

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and toss that idea out there.

I greatly appreciate all the work and thought that has gone into OGRE, thank you.

Antiarc
Greenskin

Post by Antiarc »

*chuckle*

I guess now would be a good time to point out that the input system is already a plugin, eh? ;)

(Look under PlatformManagers)

Welcome!

Feral
Halfling

Post by Feral »

Hum, I did not realize the platform manager was a plugin… I’ll have to dig though the source again in a bit (=
Thank you for mentioning that Antiarc!
Don’t mind me, blind as a bat sometimes ;)

Feral
Halfling

Post by Feral »

Ouch. Any more obvious and it would have bit me harder.

After looking at it I’m not so sure I had a good idea in the first place. Rats ;)

Thank you again.