Dungeon Siege II beta

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
bugshake
Greenskin

Dungeon Siege II beta

Post by bugshake »

Hi all,

I just saw you can now download a Dungeon Siege II beta 2 for free from fileplanet... I just downloaded it, it's promising at 1.7GB, though I haven't tried yet if it can be played for only a certain period of time..

btw: I don't work for gpg or ms, i'm just a fan of DS and I have never seen this on the web before: a free download of a beta version.
max621
Gnoblar

Post by max621 »

Free (public) downloads of betas happen all the time. I am eagerly awaiting the release of this game, as I had tons of fun playing this with my friends at our small lans. Theres not enough games that can be played at LANs with 3-6 people :)
That said, I believe Chris Taylor (of GPG) has great vision, and can't wait for his RTS project (Total Annihilation II anyone?)
bugshake
Greenskin

Post by bugshake »

It turned out to be a bug-free, well balanced first section of level 1 of the actual game. About 6 hours. You can save your games, choose your character, and play multiplayer with gamespy or lan.

Great improvements on the graphics, not so much in shaders, but in design. Gameplay is more like diablo II: you have to do more clicking to attack (less automatic, more control), magic items are more rare, magic is more powerful, there's a town portal and there are sockets items. Also, the demo even has something like the jungle flayer guys, though they behave differently.
labigne
Gnoblar

Post by labigne »

Thanks for the info BugShake.
Still not the best there is at what I'm doing !