CEGUI 0.2.1 Released

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

CEGUI 0.2.1 Released

Post by _mental_ »

Just to let everyone know, the long overdue 0.2.1 maintenance release of CEGUI is available for download on the CEGUI website.

jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Sounds great!
And congratulations for getting Lindquist on the team. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.

tonyhnz
Greenskin

Post by tonyhnz »

Just for my clarification - the dependancies package on theOgre site has an earlier version of CEGui correct ?
This latest version of CEGui should still work OK with latest Ogre CVS ?

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Yes to both.

CrazyEddie
Goblin

Post by CrazyEddie »

A minor correction, and a bit of waffle, if I may :)

There was a change made to the CEGUI Renderer in Ogre CVS HEAD to remove the Xerces dependency. I originally used Xerces to hack around a memory alloc/free assertion issue, however, requiring Xerces just to do a memory allocation was just a tiny bit of overkill :lol: . In order to break this dependency, I had to implement an explicit 'release' function in the CEGUI Resource provider system, which is why you need to match Ogre HEAD code with CEGUI HEAD; the Ogre HEAD code overrides a virtual method which is only present, and only called, in CEGUI CVS HEAD code.

If you use CEGUI 0.2.x with Ogre HEAD, the code will compile successfully, though you will likely get assertions/exceptions and other issues when running using the Ogre memory manager - this has to do with memory allocated in CEGUI (where the Ogre memory manager is not compiled in) getting released in the Ogre renderer module (where the Ogre memory manager usually is compiled in) - the memory manager detects it is freeing memory it did not allocate and asserts. If you were to disable the Ogre memory manager you could probably get away with it though.

The 1.0.x release series of Ogre will work without issue with the 0.2.x series of CEGUI though.

Hope this info is useful :)

CE.

_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by _mental_ »

Just an update since the information from CE is now out of date, CEGUI CVS HEAD now works with Azathoth (i.e. v1-0) in CVS. The upcoming CEGUI 0.3.0 will be the minimum required version to compile the OgreCEGUIRenderer due to this change.