Possible bug in class D3D9RenderWindow (Ogre1.0.2)

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
mrPossible
Gnoblar

Possible bug in class D3D9RenderWindow (Ogre1.0.2)

Post by mrPossible » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Ogre v1.0.2:
I found this (possible)bug since I want to use Ogre for a normal Win32 App with multiple windows (MDI). I create a primary render window that I hide.
Then I create further secondary render windows (using the "externalWindowHandle" param in createRenderWindow() and setting its param deviceIfSwapChain to a non-NULL device pointer). The App is so flexible that the user can close 3D windows and create new ones.

The problem occurs, when I close, open, close, open... a 3D window. Somewhen (on RenderSystem Direct3D9), an error returns and Ogre.log says it cannot create new swap chains.
I found in D3D9RenderWindow::destroyD3DResources() that in there, a swap chain of a secondary window will be released.
But D3D9RenderWindow::destroyD3DResources() is *NEVER* called anywhere.
In the D3D9RenderWindow destructor, only the deinit-part for the primary window is executed, but not for secondary render windows.

If this is the wrong place for posting a bug, I am sorry, but I did not find a section related for bug reports.

PS: For OpenGL, there does not seem to be a problem of this kind.

Unfortunately Direct3D7 render system does not support "externalWindowHandle" and "parentWindowHandle" parameters for creating a secondary render window.
Is this not possible with Direct3D7 or is this feature just not implemented because D3D9 support does exist already and is a newer API, and will it ever be implemented?
I am asking, because my App should run also on a bit older system which possibly do not have Direct3D9 or OpenGL.