I still can't get it

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
gardon
Gnoblar

I still can't get it

Post by gardon »

OGRE looks and seems great, when I use the executables that come with the demos package.

However, I can't compile anything.

For example, I'm trying to compile the shadows demo, but I need to include the header/include files. Everything branches off to another thing, so I said the hell with it and included every include file I downloaded from the source package (from ogre3d.org) and still nothing. I've done batch builds and everything, but I still cant compile anything or run the compiled progs from my compiler.

Also, it said 54 builds succeeded, 0 warning, 0 skipped after I build all the scripts from the solution project that comes with the download. I still can't use anything.

Is there any way someone could walk me through some of this, or perhaps show me how to make a small project using ogre and compiling it.

There's only so many hours I can spend on this before asking desperately for help.

Thanks again,

Gardon

spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Which compiler are you using?

jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

@gardon:
You posted the exact same question in two threads (only 4 minutes apart) in two forums.

@admin:
Please lock one of these threads - preferably this one.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.

DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by DWORD »

Please don't cross-post. I've locked this thread, follow-up to:

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11150