Can anyone tell me how to load a .SCENE file dotscene format

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
ghostlake114
Gnoblar

Can anyone tell me how to load a .SCENE file dotscene format

Post by ghostlake114 »

I have exported .SCENE file from 3DSMax with octopus, everything seems great and I can use Ogretoolbox at http://ogretoolbox.sourceforge.net to view my .SCENE
----
My team wants to use dotsceneformat, not dotsceneoctree . I have downloaded dotsceneformat CVS and compile it now...however, I can not find any documentation tell how to use these library to load a .SCENE file in my application
----
Could anyone post some code that tell how to load a .SCENE file (I am using dotsceneformat , not dotsceneoctree). We can not find any document that guide how to load a .SCENE file with DSI and DSIViewer
----
Thanks for your help
----
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

The DSI viewer is an example of using the DSI framework. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

As I understand it, .scene is just XML. Download xerces or tinyxml, open up your .scene in Mozilla and fire away. Just parse the .scene file with your xml parser and go to town! As for the exact .scene format you can always just look at it mozilla and figure it out. XML is used for the exact reason that it is human readable!