Ogre use by platform

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.

I use Ogre on ...

Windows
73%
Linux
20%
Mac
6%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 49

Paul
Gnoblar

Ogre use by platform

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:49 pm

I was just curious to know how the windows/linux/mac split goes?
0 x

cearny
Gnoblar

Post by cearny » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:52 pm

0 x

Paul
Gnoblar

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:53 pm

Hmm OK, maybe this poll shoudl be deleted then?

edit: although I'm not sure I would have ever found that other poll if you hadn't posted the link..
Last edited by Paul on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

MetX
Gnoblar

Post by MetX » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:55 pm

The poll on the page doesnt necessarily say "Ogre", so this poll could stay.
For example, someone might mainly develop with Windows, perhaps for a job, but work with Ogre on their Linux systemm @ home.
[Purely an example, I'm a pro-Windows user, lol.. dont like all things about it, but its simpler and has a larger user/program/game base than Linux]
0 x

thy M. C.
Gnoblar

almost on-topic

Post by thy M. C. » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:23 pm

MetX wrote:The poll on the page doesnt necessarily say "Ogre", so this poll could stay.
For example, someone might mainly develop with Windows, perhaps for a job, but work with Ogre on their Linux systemm @ home.
[Purely an example, I'm a pro-Windows user, lol.. dont like all things about it, but its simpler and has a larger user/program/game base than Linux]
Pro windows- user ???? I know some people say proudly that they use professional windows versions but sorry that just sounds silly. (and they're serious !)

I dont run linux simply because none of few versions worked on my hardware. You know, when you need to scroll your desktop since it is 'too big to fit in monitor' you must end that joy.
0 x

eZZy
Gnoblar

Post by eZZy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:42 pm

If now you're going to start saying that windows sucks and linux is cool, I think you better don't. You see I tried both of them and in fact, as a user (till now), I can say that windows is much more atractive, especialy if it is XP proffesional. I can't say anything about software development in linux, but it's functionality was not something what I was expecting for.

And if we continue, we would discuss about this question till the end of time, so maybe we shouldn't...

P.S. I hope I haven't insulted anyone.
0 x

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:46 pm

Yep, no more discussions about whose O/S is best, just the facts about usage please.

Personally, I wish I could use all 3, but I can't afford a Mac as well :( I wonder if Apple would donate one? ;)
0 x