Cadabra 3D

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Cadabra 3D

Post by jacmoe »

I found the Cadabra 3D engine, which - even though I can't find it in written form - definately is based on Ogre. :wink:

ExampleFrameListener, CAReal, Root; sounds familiar? :)

Interesting to see how things are done differently.. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

It's even using CEGUI Image
Jerky
Orc Shaman

Post by Jerky »

Hmm, I've seen that before. Don't remember what pointed me to their site. That stuff seems to be over a year old (2006).
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
My Blog
Project Wish
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

I found it:
A arquitetura do Cadabra é muito inspirada na do Ogre. Gostamos de coisas como plugins, orientação a objetos, capacidade de abstrair os sistema gráfico (OpenGL e DirectX)... Porém, os dois códigos, o do Cadabra e do Ogre são completamente independentes.
I am not completely fluent in Portuguese, but it says:
The architecture of Cadabra is heavily inspired by Ogre. By using plugins, object orientation, abstraction of rendersystems.
But they are entirely separate projects.

Someone please translate this.. :wink:
ahmedali
Gnome

Post by ahmedali »

danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

ahmedali wrote:Ogre doesnt have this feature :twisted:

http://www.cadabra3d.org/modules.php?na ... _itemId=66
are you taking about the girl? Or the box with the options.

:lol:
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I tried out the "Bouncing Breasts Demo" (that's what the sourceforge link calls it). When I slid the first slider all the way to the right, her breasts rotated 90 degrees, then went flying at the camera until they filled the screen.
I've never seen the ogre ninja do that, although I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. :)
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

Kojack wrote:I tried out the "Bouncing Breasts Demo" (that's what the sourceforge link calls it). When I slid the first slider all the way to the right, her breasts rotated 90 degrees, then went flying at the camera until they filled the screen.
I've never seen the ogre ninja do that, although I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. :)
LMAO, you made my day :lol:
my tweets | www.fuse-software.com | home of vektrix (Flash GUI for Ogre3D) and caspin (ActionScript 3 Virtual Machine Wrapper)
tau
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tau »

jacmoe wrote:I found it:
A arquitetura do Cadabra é muito inspirada na do Ogre. Gostamos de coisas como plugins, orientação a objetos, capacidade de abstrair os sistema gráfico (OpenGL e DirectX)... Porém, os dois códigos, o do Cadabra e do Ogre são completamente independentes.
I am not completely fluent in Portuguese, but it says:
The architecture of Cadabra is heavily inspired by Ogre. By using plugins, object orientation, abstraction of rendersystems.
But they are entirely separate projects.

Someone please translate this.. :wink:
You actually did a good job translating this, very close. They indeed state that cadabra was inspired by Ogre, but they claim that they have separate code bases.
Twitter: Tau Powered
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I took a look through the source of similar named things (texture manager, node, etc), and names/structure are about the only things they have in common with us. I couldn't see any code even vaguely similar. But I only checked a few of the more obvious files.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

I agree that they do.
I browsed the code to see if they could resist copying and pasting, and it looks like they did a good job at it.
If you can call one programmer *they*. :wink:
REiNDEeR
Greenskin

Post by REiNDEeR »

Kojack wrote:I tried out the "Bouncing Breasts Demo" (that's what the sourceforge link calls it). When I slid the first slider all the way to the right, her breasts rotated 90 degrees, then went flying at the camera until they filled the screen.
I think we should report this "90 degree breast twisting" bug, it sure looks funny tho. :) Actually im starting to wonder if its a bug hmm...
irrdev
Orc

Post by irrdev »

That breast demo's hilarious! :) It looks like an interesting engine, but the user base just isn't there, as seen in the stats. I really like one feature of the web site- the polls. I am wondering if the Ogre website could have the same feature! :?:
FeedLaunch .NET RSS and ATOM feed editor- open-source and released under the GPL. Visit Feed Launch .NET Project Website hosted at sourceforge.net