Hydrax+Caelum -or- Hydrax+SkyX

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Which is better?

Hydrax + Caelum
33%
Hydrax + SkyX
67%

Total votes: 9

Dredogol
Goblin

Hydrax+Caelum -or- Hydrax+SkyX

Post by Dredogol »

Okay... I need some input on this...

I only knew about Caelum up until now, until I stumbled upon Xaviar's SkyX.
I did a Hydrax+Caelum library mix for my old game project, and getting the 2 to work properly took a lot of work.
I was wondering how the Hydrax+SkyX intermixing works. Is there a lot of disabling of the other's features involved?

Lastly... I saw vids of both versions, and it SEEMS the Hydrax+SkyX looks better?

Thanks.
Ockonal
Greenskin

Re: Hydrax+Caelum -or- Hydrax+SkyX

Post by Ockonal »

In my opinion HydaX+SkyX is better solution. SkyX is nicer and it made up by one author with HydraX so that communication between hx and sx should be better :)
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

I think it depends on your time limits. I am using Hydrax with Caelum, I want to intergrate SkyX aswell but i am waiting for it to become a bit more mature
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

depends what you need right now. Caelum has excellent star rendering and full julian time of year clock. Sun/moon etc. Technically there's nothing stopping you using caelum star/time etc without it's clouds and use skyx. But I'll bet you money it wouldn't be easy :) (even though it probably should be really)
Dredogol
Goblin

Post by Dredogol »

Hey Xaviar (if you read this)
How much longer do you think it'll take to ("mature") your product to be stable as Caelum?

I prefer the Sunlight reflections on the water of SkyX over Caelum... which is why I plan on using SkyX over Caelum.

Also, is it really that hard to add the STAR background from Caelum to SkyX :?: