Ogre Wiki Missing Links

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
dermont
Bugbear

Re: Ogre Wiki Missing Links

Post by dermont »

jacmoe wrote:You Dermont is just a pathetic toad who does not understand humour at all.
You have no idea how many hours, weeks, months I've spent on that bloody wiki.
Your kind is what makes people stop contributing to open source projects.
How can you live with yourself?
Maybe I don't understand "the humour", just like I don't understand the humour of being called a toad, probably just like you don't understand the humour of being called a tool :D :D :D :D :D :D

Do you have any proof of "my kind not contributing to open source" projects?
jacmoe wrote: You hate the new wiki, the new build system, me, ..
Whatever my feelings on the wiki why would I hate you?
jacmoe wrote:
dermont wrote:since Sinbad stepped down everything has gone pear shaped.
Then why don't you just shut up and leave?
Then why not ban me you have already done this in the past when someones opinion is different to yours.
jacmoe wrote: I know I am.
Because, quite frankly, I've had enough.
Don't think it's all rosy in the inner circles, because it's not.
Lots of work, no feed-back (well, almost none) - if it weren't for the community I'd have sodded off a long, long time ago.
If it weren't for Betajaen and Spacegaier who actually react to input, I wouldn't have coped.
I have lots of other things on my plate, so don't expect me to be active in the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the fish and all that. :)
There are two camps: the polite/helpful moderators such as the Developers/Kojak and omniter (who should be a Moderator) and then there is you and you and your cronies. Maybe it's best just to remove me from the boards, this is obviously not a democracy where anyone can have an opinion unless it is one you approve off.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Hey, hey, no fighting, please. I never said anything about jacmoe being wrong, I actually think he's really good at what he does - moderating the forum and maintaining the wiki, yes, he can be a bit harsh sometimes, but that's just him, and I don't think he's actually pushing his opinion onto others, but rather he stands for what he believes in, and in many occasions his humor is taken in offensive matter, which probably isn't what he intended.

I believe that none of the moderators here are bad, but still they each have their own personalities and way of judging right or wrong, so if jacmoe doesn't act like Kojack or omniter does it doesn't mean he's a bad and uncaring for the community. I read the forums as my past time activity, and I've read a lot of posts that the OGRE Forum/Development team members have made, and I didn't find that any of them have said something bad enough to offend someone enough to leave the forums, in fact they're quite friendly towards newcomers.

And me being 'killed' by his statement is somewhat of a joke, and that's why I put the ' :D ' smiley afterwards, not to get myself misunderstood, I wasn't actually offended.

So, sorry for causing this misunderstanding and potential dispute between you two.
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
CABAListic
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by CABAListic »

Guys, seriously? It's Christmas. Go celebrate with your family or something.
Beauty
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Beauty »

jacmoe wrote:Fix it yourself.
jacmoe wrote:Anyway, thanks a lot for trying.
Hehe, I can laugh about this.
Well, I'm too late now. Otherwise I would have fixed it.

jacmoe wrote:how many hours, weeks, months I've spent on that bloody wiki.
I agree. It were months and really bloody work.
jacmoe wrote:You hate the new wiki
Well, there are downsides (e.g. the bad search function).
But all in all I'm shure that the new wiki offers us many benifits which we wouldn't have with the MediaWiki.
I'm proud to have jacmoe as Ogre supporter, who spend so much time for other people in his free time.
dermont wrote:Then why not ban me
Don't flame, please. :wink:
Help to add information to the wiki. Also tiny edits will let it grow ... :idea:
Add your country to your profile ... it's interesting to know from where of the world you are.
skyforger
Halfling

Post by skyforger »

Found another missing link ( I believe this is linked from the CEGUI forums ):
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Practica ... _More_Meat
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan
hebdemnobad
Goblin

Post by hebdemnobad »

Not quite a missing link but debris of my first wiki page: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Shader+M ... er....this page is placed in the wrong part of the wiki....I created another page ( http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... 02%20Glass) that is in the proper section, so whoever can delete the first one has my blessing.
Beauty
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Beauty »

skyforger wrote:Found another missing link ( I believe this is linked from the CEGUI forums ):
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Practica ... _More_Meat
Thanks for reporting. The link works again.
Help to add information to the wiki. Also tiny edits will let it grow ... :idea:
Add your country to your profile ... it's interesting to know from where of the world you are.
Beauty
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Beauty »

hebdemnobad wrote:Not quite a missing link but debris of my first wiki page: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Shader+M ... er....this page is placed in the wrong part of the wiki....I created another page ( http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... 02%20Glass) that is in the proper section, so whoever can delete the first one has my blessing.
Thank you for creating such a useful wiki page. :D

I deleted your first page as you wanted. Additionally I created a redirection (page alias) for the old page name. If there is a link to the deleted page Shader Model Glass Shader it will show your new page.
At least when the URL does not contain the suffix "....this" (as in your post because you forgot to push the space key) :)

By the way:
For structure correction you don't need to delete and re-create a page. You can move a page inside of the structure.
A description is in the wiki menu "Ogre wiki help" --> "Help - Pages and structures":
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Help+-+P ... Structures
roimatola
Halfling

Post by roimatola »

Hi, i believe i found this http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Singleto ... s_approach dead link, i got it from a pretty old (2005) forum post about using Singletons in Ogre, so maybe its not a missing link, it was deleted or something.

Thanks
Beauty
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Beauty »

roimatola wrote:Hi, i believe i found this http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Singleto ... s_approach dead link
Thanks for your note. :D

I found that page by a specific Google search. Now the page has a slightly different name, because it's part of the Ogre lexicon.
Now the page link is fixed.
The in-page anchor (to the sub-section) can't be fixed, but it's just needed to click to the table of contents.
roimatola
Halfling

Post by roimatola »

Cool!! Thanks!
Nav
Halfling

Post by Nav »

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

TBH, I have no idea whether that STLport stuff is still uploaded somewhere. I think it was only relevant for some old MinGW versions. So hard to fix...

Details here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56242
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Nav
Halfling

Post by Nav »

Broken link: http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Th ... RE#STLPort
On this page: http://ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 17&start=0

@spacegaier: It would be very helpful if the stlport help could be located. stlport build errors has a tendency to drive people crazy.
Nav
Halfling

Post by Nav »

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Fixed.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
eohjin
Gnoblar

Post by eohjin »

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Fixed.
Z_eus
Gnoblar

Post by Z_eus »

skyforger
Halfling

Post by skyforger »

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan
haltendehand
Halfling

Post by haltendehand »

Fixed Building_With_CMake, can't find RayTracing_with_MOGRE
ihack
Gnoblar

Post by ihack »

ssratman
Gnoblar

Post by ssratman »

It seems that all of the tutorials have suddenly disappeared. Looks like the main menus across top of page and main page of tutorials all refer to dead links--Don't know how to fix as adding link to bottom of page don't think will fix the menus.
PhilipLB
Google Summer of Code Student
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by PhilipLB »

Google Summer of Code 2012 Student
Topic: "Volume Rendering with LOD aimed at terrain"
Project links: Project thread, WIKI page, Code fork for the project
Mentor: Mattan Furst

Volume GFX, accepting donations.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Hold your horses until the DNS has propagated..
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.