Ogre resources for non-developers

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Would non-developer tutorials be useful?

yes
95%
no
5%

Total votes: 21

mudfly
Gnoblar

Ogre resources for non-developers

Post by mudfly » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:55 pm

I am working on a project that is using ogre as the rendering engine. I am not a programmer and was wondering if there are any resources for people that dont want to go through header files to find out how something works. Im sure there are tons of people that could benifit from something like this. For example,
  • Tutorials for creating a HUD
  • Tutorials for using Milkshape to properly create .mesh and .skel files
  • Tutorials for creating maps using the landscape or bsp features
  • Tutorials for setting up scenes
I know there are plenty of resources for things like this on the web, but how about having some articles that are aimed at using these items with Ogre for modlers, or mappers, or graphic artists.

I realized the main developers of Ogre don't have time on their hands to do this, so what about people that are using Ogre on their own projects?

Thanks,
Christian
0 x

temas
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by temas » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:42 am

If anyone says no, they are lieing :wink: I can't think of any tutorial that's not welcome or a waste of time. Like you said, it'll be a while before the current core team has time for such docs, but I would warmly embrace anyone focussed on all kinds of docs.
0 x