New website

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
duststorm
Minaton

Re: New website

Post by duststorm »

The new webpage took me by surprise :)
But it's looking good!
Developer @ MakeHuman.org
Thyrion
Goblin

Post by Thyrion »

Wolfmanfx wrote:The video idea is good but the video is outdated. It would be awesome if someone could make a promo video :)
good looking ogre 2.1 vids preferred. :)

Does someone have a cool ogre 2.1 project to show and want to make a vid?
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

nice...congrats...
suggest: maybe add emscripten/ogre demo link
criticizem: addons/bindings - not reflecting current status( lots of old addon don't work/abandoned while lots of new projects emerged... )
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
NotCamelCase
Greenskin

Post by NotCamelCase »

Congrats on the new website! I liked the new look and it's fast even on my shitty connection.

A simple error: On the documentation page, wiki logo image is missing. To be precise, I don't know what it'd be instead but this whole table layout looks a bit ugly here with a wall of text and 2-word title/logo of equal widths.
Check out my projects: https://github.com/NotCamelCase
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Yes, the documentation page, will need to be reworked. The missing logo is back again.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

I don't know if this is related to the new website, but I'm not receiving any emails for replays or new private messages in the forum.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Transporter wrote:I don't know if this is related to the new website, but I'm not receiving any emails for replays or new private messages in the forum.
I just checked our mail logs and there is indeed an issue with your mail (GMail in general) since apparently our PTR DNS record is causing some troubles and/or the SPF. I will investigate...
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

We did some changes that should take effect in max. 24 hours. So if you receive mails afterwards again, please let us know. If not, we will continue to look into the issue.
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

spacegaier wrote:We did some changes that should take effect in max. 24 hours. So if you receive mails afterwards again, please let us know. If not, we will continue to look into the issue.
Not working.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Yeah, I realized that as well. I am in contact with sinbad (since he is still our DNS master) and we are trying to satisfy the google servers so that they accept the mails again.
mrmclovin
Gnome

Post by mrmclovin »

Regarding website speed: it loads just fine here with 4G mobile internet.

A tip if you are not already applying it: use WP Super Cache plugin. I was working for a web hosting company and we always used that for slow Wordpress sites. The website was subsequently loading in < 1sec.