Printable Version of the Manual

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
TheRavenNevermore
Gnoblar

Printable Version of the Manual

Post by TheRavenNevermore »

Hallo there,

As i crawled through the web, on the search for a solid and 'open' 3dengine to use, I finally found the Ogre Engine, and I was very impressed.

What You Guys are doing here, is really great.

However I was missing something, for I am one of these, who like paper for reading, and i wondered, if there would be a pdf of dvi version of the manual, to download and print, for I have not seen anything like that on the site.

As I could see, the online manual is created, using Texi2Html, so i suggest, You used (La)TeX to create the manual.
Would it be possilbe, to come up with a printable version. In case You used LaTeX, this shouldn't be such a problem.

Greets,
TheRaven

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I'm sure it's doable, it's just not been done so far - as you say, in theory a LAtEx version should be possible although I'm pretty sure it'll require some tweaking to get it to look good. You can have a go yourself if you're familiar with LAtEx (I'm not, particularly), the source is in ogrenew/docs/src/manual.texi and it's includes.