Tools

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
mauled
Gnoblar

Tools

Post by mauled »

hi:

My dude is there exists a tool or tools that help me to design in ogre... 'cause is quite difficult with only programming...mm well a tool with a graphic interface...

Thanks...
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by DWORD »

This is not meant to be offensive, but I'm not sure Ogre is what you are looking for unfortunately. There are no point/click/drag/drop tools that will make developing programs using Ogre as easy as painting in mspaint. There exist some tools making part of development/content creation easier like mesh exporters, a particle system editor, addons etc., but you will still have to do a lot of coding to make e.g. a game.

Before struggling with Ogre you need to have some knowledge of the C++ language, and the environment you are using. Otherwise it is doomed to failure, or at least it will be very difficult. My advice would be to read up on the language, there are some great tutorials around the net. I think there are some links here on the forum, maybe a search will give some results.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: Tools

Post by jacmoe »

mauled wrote:...mm well a tool with a graphic interface...
Game Studio, or similar packages.
Blitz Basic ...

Definately not Ogre.

Dude: Even saw an advertisement for a "FPS Creator" on fileplanet! :D 8)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.