Challenge me: Donate to OGRE and CEGUI!

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Kai-Peter
Greenskin

Challenge me: Donate to OGRE and CEGUI!

Post by Kai-Peter »

My day job for the past few years has been writing a space settlement simulation named ShortHike. This is an exciting and fun job in itself, but it has been made that much better by reliance on some fantastic open source libraries. Open source is much about collaboration between brilliant minds. I have the highest respect for everyone who has been involved with the project and I'm honoured to have been able to submit a few patches on my own. Thank you for your effort, my own work rests on the bedrock you have created.

But even an open source project needs good funding. To put my money where my mouth is I have donated $250 to OGRE and another $250 to it's sibling project CEGUI. I hope to lead by example, so I hereby open the donation challenge. If you are a commercial or hobbyist project greatly benefiting from OGRE or CEGUI I challenge you to join in with your donation.

Take care and my blessings to everyone who is up to the challenge! :D
Kai Backman, programmer (Blog)
ShortHike - Space Station Game
walaber
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by walaber »

I made a donation to Ogre as well, I wish I could have given as much as you have!! :D

I would have had to pay much more to purchase a similarly featured rendering engine, so it's more than fair!
Go Go Gadget OGRE!!
joi
Gnome

Post by joi »

Im using ogre for a comercial applications, it still on early stage as we integrate maya and ogre into one! When money starts to get in, ive prospected every 2% (total) of each project for ogre donation. Its not much, but as they get bigger, so will my donations.

And i really believe every one with a comercial project should be doing the same. Image you win 5,000 for your project, its only fair that you give at least 200 for it. (~ 2%). After all, most of the time spent went from the ogre developers and others libraries you might used.

The more you give, the more you get! This is universal!
maya 7.0, vs 2005, ogre 1.2
psyclonist
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by psyclonist »

joi: Same for me. When money starts pouring in some day a nice fraction of it will be flowing towards the mighty Ogre :)

-psy
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

Yeah, same for me. Until I actually get money Ogre will have to do with code contributions though :)
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

/me wills all OGRE-based projects to make millions ;)

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has donated so far - Kai has been incredibly generous but all donations, large or small, are very welcome - for some $5 is a big deal so we value this kind of donation just as highly.

Bandwidth on our new site has exceeded our estimates by quite a large margin so we're having to rethink our hosting budget - thanks to donations so far we have a few months in the bag though, and we thank you for that.
Robomaniac
Hobgoblin

Post by Robomaniac »

Once CF hits #1 on the charts of all time 31337 game's i'll donate a couple million (pocket change) to ogre :P

P.S. If I make any money at all, a portion is definately going to ogre. :P
phear hingo

My Webpage
psyclonist
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by psyclonist »

Robomaniac wrote:P.S. If I make any money at all, a portion is definately going to ogre. :P
Just stop switching engines :P :twisted:

-psy
Goosey
Halfling

Post by Goosey »

Heh I was only able to donate a small amount, but I can at least go down in history with FIRST!

/me reads too much slashdot
I <3 the OGRE Wiki, and SO SHOULD YOU! :)