Set up ogre in dev and my compiled terrain demo won't execut

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Joey76
Gnoblar

Set up ogre in dev and my compiled terrain demo won't execut

Post by Joey76 »

I found the dev pack and tutorial. Do I need stlport if I am using dev? (I am running windows) I followed the tutorials instructions and compiled cpp. terrain. When I try to execute, it comes up wit these error messages:

Error message 1:
Terrain.exe - Entry point not found
THe procedure entry point??1highlevelgpuprogramfactory@ogre@@uaexz coul not be located in the dynamic link library ogremain.dll.
Error message 2:
An exception has occured!
Details
Error #: 9
Function: DynLib::load
Description: Could not load dynamic library plugins\Rendersystems_Direct3d9. System Error: the specified procedure could not be found.
File: Ogredynlib.cpp
Line:82
Stack unwinding: Dynlib::load(..) <- <<beginning of stack>>

Any help is appreciated , thanks.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

You probably have to compile Ogre as well. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
joshcryer
Gnome

Post by joshcryer »

Joey76, you have to put the executable somewhere where it can see the OgreMain.dll and other .dll's. The DevPak places those in Dev-Cpp/bin/OGRE. Most of the bigger tutorials rely on the Ogre Demo data files, so what you should do is go to the main page, get the Windows Demos, and replace the .dll's with the ones in Dev-Cpp/bin/OGRE.

The samples were included in the DevPak so people could have code to play with, but they rely on the Windows Demos media files to work properly.

You can probably get away with moving terrain.exe to Dev-Cpp/bin/Ogre, but you'll probably get resource errors since you need the .cfgs too.

Sorry that the DevPak didn't come with adequate readme's, but hey, it's cool, people who get problems sign up on the forums, which means more people in the community. :)

edit: oh, as far as I can tell, you're probably putting the executable in with the VC++ compiled OgreMain.dll, you need to put it with the one that comes with the DevPak... sorry for the troubles.
Joey76
Gnoblar

Executables still don't work

Post by Joey76 »

I had already replaced the dll files in the demo with the ones from the dev pack when I started getting those error messages. I already had dev installed on my system when I came across ogre (version 3.9.9.2) I read that the version of minGw that comes with that version of dev has problems with ogre. I tried reinstalling to version 3.9.9.1 the version of minGw is 3.5, but when I reinstall dev there are still paths to ogre that I added to the directories. This leads me to believe that dev is not completely uninstalling. I read that the wrong version of minGw will cause the executeables to crash. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm not giving up after seeing that stonehenge demo. Any help is appreciated, thanks. :?
dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

Look at your (Tools/Compiler - C++ Includes / Binaries) options. If they still point to 3.4.2, then 4.9.2.2 may not have been uninstalled correctly.

You can either set your compiler options manually or:

- take note of your paths to ogre
- uninstall version 4.9.9.1
- install version 4.9.9.2 , uninstall version 4.9.9.2 and when it asks
"Do you want to remove all configurations" select YES
- reinstall 4.9.9.1
- Add back your paths to ogre
Joey76
Gnoblar

Still getting errors Help

Post by Joey76 »

That's not it, although reinstalling and uninstalling dev 3.9.9.2 did reset directories and linker command line. I'll go through setup step by step, maybe someone can tell what I'm doing wrong.

1) Install dev c++ version 3.9.9.1

2) Install Ogre dev pack cpp4991

3) Compiler options directories add path to Ogre in libraries

4) Compiler options directories add path to Ogre in c++ includes

5) Compiler options compilier added this command -lOgreMain to linker command line.

6) Compile terrain cpp file from c:\dev-cpp\examples\ogre

7) Replace demo dll files with dll files fromc:\ dev-cpp\bin\ogre

8) Replace executable in demo for newly compiled version

Thats when I get the above mentioned errors. Entry point not found.
:cry:
dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

Edit your plugins.cfg file and change your Plugin folder path as follows:

#PluginFolder=Plugins
PluginFolder=.
Joey76
Gnoblar

Post by Joey76 »

That gave me a different error. Can you write out the entire cfg. file so I know exactly how it should look? Thanks
Joey76
Gnoblar

Post by Joey76 »

CFg. was the problem, thanks for all the help. :D
Joey76
Gnoblar

Post by Joey76 »

Have you heard of www.3dbuzz.com? If not you've got to check it out. :wink: Thanks again for all the help.