Ogre 1.11.1 Terrain is rendered flat without any elevations

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
vbansal13
Gnoblar

Ogre 1.11.1 Terrain is rendered flat without any elevations

Post by vbansal13 »

Hi,

I have recently migrated my project from Ogre 1.9 to Ogre 1.11.1 and I am facing an issue with terrain surface getting rendered as flat. I even tried running the Terrain example that is packaged with Ogre source code and that also is rendering terrain as a flat surface without any elevations. It seems the elevation data is present because the camera is colliding with unseen surface and moving up in direction as it collides but the actual visible terrain surface is flat. I am not sure if this is a bug in Ogre 1.11.1 or I am missing some new configuration that needs to be set? Has anyone faced similar issue? Can anyone share some example project that works for them with Ogre 1.11.1 that I can look at?

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Varun
Ural_4320
Gnoblar

Re: Ogre 1.11.1 Terrain is rendered flat without any elevations

Post by Ural_4320 »

I can confirm, I ran into the same issue a couple days ago, and this helped.
Usually, I tend to solve my issues on Ogre by randomly doing stuff until the issues are somehow solves, it does work, but it takes time and I don't always understand what caused the issue or what solved it, so I figured I should register an account on this forum if I want to move forward through actual progress and not sheer luck, swearwords and sacrifices to whatever demon I can think of.