Question about third party editor

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
tippythop
Gnoblar

Question about third party editor

Post by tippythop »

I have a question, I'm using a 3rd party editor called xgEditor. Trying to load a mesh, I set all the directories in resources.cfg.

Noticed the output console when loading a mesh the mesh half loads. The output states :

parent material: FFL not found for new material

Code: Select all

material CeilingCside_mat : FFL
{	
	set_texture_alias Diffuse CeilingCside11_Color.dds
	set_texture_alias LightMap OlympusLightMap.dds
	technique
	{
		pass
		{
			texture_unit
			{
				tex_coord_set 1
				colour_op_ex blend_manual src_texture src_manual 1 0.5 0.5 0.5
			}
		}
	}
}
The ogre wiki shows nothing about adding a semi colon and what FFL means. If I take the semi colon and FFL out of the material file the output shows no more error but still doesn't load the material.

This material file is from an old mmo game.
tippythop
Gnoblar

Re: Question about third party editor

Post by tippythop »

Alright so I still can't make sense of this.

Code: Select all

material ReelDealLiveSh : bm_NMSpec_Multilight
{
  set_texture_alias NormalMap ReelDealLiveSign_Normal.tga
  set_texture_alias DiffuseMap ReelDealLiveSign_Color.dds

technique
	{
		pass
		{
		}
		pass
		{
			fragment_program_ref
			{
				param_named shininess float 20
			}
		}
	}
}
XG Editor says Can't assign material ReelDealLiveSh to SubEntity of ReelDealLiveSign.mesh because this material doesn't exist.

I have modifed the resources.cfg to point to all the material,mesh,tga and dds files that this game had. But this ReelDealLiveSh material is nowhere to be found along with thousands of other meshes that don't load because of this issue. How did the game function if these don't exist? Did they possibly have some proprietary system of keeping these files elsewhere?

The only material file that exists is ReelDealLiveSign.material

I can only get a handful of meshes to output some textures but these material files for the ones that do have the same exact layout as the ones that don't load.

Example : material LampGlassSh : bm_NMSpec_Glow_Multilight

That loads just fine and it's material file name is LampGlass.material and it also resides in the same directory as all the others.

Sorry I am just new to 3d modeling and graphics engines. I am rebuilding this online game because its server no longer exists, and the end goal is to expand upon the game once I finish the server side stuff.