What do I need

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Methias
Gnoblar

What do I need

Post by Methias » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:09 am

Hi all,

I'll be starting an honours project soon using Ogre. The project is to build a terrain editor using the ogre engine, and a small app to display it. What downloads do I need to get to have everything I need to run Ogre? (I'll be using VC 2003).

PS: Would it be possible to make a single file with everything in it? (Instead of multiplr seperate files? It may be easier instead of dl'd some files only to find your missing another file :))

Thanks
0 x

Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin

Post by Lucky_Luciano » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:45 am

Be sure to read this page: http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Th ... de_to_OGRE

This explains everything you need to know.

If you just want to start out without the "hassle" of compiling everything you should consider downloading the Ogre SDK.
0 x

jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: What do I need

Post by jacmoe » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Methias wrote:The project is to build a terrain editor using the ogre engine, and a small app to display it.
You are lucky - look at the exsisting terrain editors in progress - and there you go: smooth sailing all the way. 8)
Well, maybe not quite - would be cool if you posted some news when you're done! :)
0 x
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.