Ogre and Codeblocks Licensing

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
BlueHazzard
Gnoblar

Ogre and Codeblocks Licensing

Post by BlueHazzard »

Hi!
I am part of the codeblocks dev team and would like to update the project wizard to create ogre projects within codeblocks.
For this i would like to include minimal code from https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre/tree/m ... /Tutorials to use as a start for the project.
I also would like to update the logos ecc.
Is all work of ogre (art and code) licensed under MIT ?
Are there any objections that we ship the example code and some art (Ogre Logo) with the next codeblocks release?

greetings
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre and Codeblocks Licensing

Post by paroj »

yes, all code is MIT and the the logo is CC-BY, see: https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre/blob/m ... License.md
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: Ogre and Codeblocks Licensing

Post by Kojack »

I'm a little late to the thread, but just to make sure:
BlueHazzard wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 pm Is all work of ogre (art and code) licensed under MIT ?
If by "art" you also mean the models and textures in the media folder, those are not necessarily MIT. They were gathered from various sources and attribution for some were lost.
For example: the Ogre license file says:
Matt Anderson at www.The3dStudio.com who kindly gave permission for the use of some textures. These textures are used with permission of www.The3dStudio.com and may not be re-distributed, sold, or given away except in the form of rendered images, animations, or real time 3D applications when credit is given to www.The3dStudio.com.
but nobody knows which textures those are.

I can say with absolute certainty that the cube, barrel and two geosphere meshes are public domain, because I made them back in 2009. :D
The ninja and robot meshes are safe too, Psionic licensed them as "FREE to use however you like in commercial, shareware or demo's whatever, I would like some credits if possible :)"