How exactly does Ogre function in general

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Zeckurbo
Gnoblar

How exactly does Ogre function in general

Post by Zeckurbo »

I am quite new to this engine and want to get an overview of what it can and what methods it has implemented.
But so far I only found either very detailed method descriptions in the API or very vague descriptions of Ogre on the wiki pages.

Are there any specific information on what methods Ogre uses to render its immages (like rasterize or raytracing) and what other features it has?
The features page on the wiki has mostly vague terms like "multiple effects" and so on, but I want to undestand what Ogre is capable of exactly.

Thank you in advance
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: How exactly does Ogre function in general

Post by paroj »

Zeckurbo
Gnoblar

Post by Zeckurbo »

I have gone through it, but I dont want to know the detailed Ogre commands, but just knowledge for my research, before I start coding anything.
I need to know how the renderer functions, but in the manual they never mention any details about used algorithms.
So any details about what algorithms can be used and what the renderer is capable of would be helpful.
Zeckurbo
Gnoblar

Post by Zeckurbo »

Thanks alot,
that is somethign I can start working with :D