Quick Ogre Video addon question...

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
shaft
Halfling

Quick Ogre Video addon question...

Post by shaft »

I've been reading a lot about the video addon. I'm so excited I can't wait till the weekend to try it, so I'm asking the question now.

The video is just like any other material? I could apply it to a cube/plane object and move the cube/plane around right?

For an application I'm working on, I need to show a movie file but have some simple 3D objects "overlay" on the movie. If the movie is just like a normal texture, I can apply the texture to a plane, and setup the scene such that the movie takes up the full screen, but there is still room between the camera and the movie plan to have some simple 3D widgets (or use ogre overlays... need to read up on those as well).

Thanks,
Jeff
- Shaft (He's a bad motha... Shut yo' mouth)

pjcast
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by pjcast »

The video is copied onto a texture unit of an Ogre material... The material can be applied to anything :)
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/

shaft
Halfling

Post by shaft »

Excellent!!!

Hopefully this weekend I will have some time to play around with it. But based on your response, I think you've just made my application 10 times cooler. (Now I'm curious as heck now to see what a movie played on an animated creature looks like).

Thanks again!
- Shaft (He's a bad motha... Shut yo' mouth)