Wiimote jitter/variance

Get answers to all your basic programming questions. No Ogre questions, please!
Elimentz
Halfling

Wiimote jitter/variance

Post by Elimentz »

Hey

Doing something with a Wiimote, but I have a problem. Got a library working very nicely, it detects LEDs perfectly and passes the locations to my application. Problem is that the devices have A LOT of jitter and variance: if I keep my Wiimote perfectly still, my LED positions go up and sown like crazy. it's as af my Wiimote is vibrating all the time, while it's actually lying still on my desk.

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you fix it? I trid averaging several frames, seen as the update rate of a Wiimote is very high, but that didn't seem to give me any better results
Elimentz
Halfling

Re: Wiimote jitter/variance

Post by Elimentz »

Added a video on youtube to illustrate my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNvJTpM6nGM
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Re: Wiimote jitter/variance

Post by Mind Calamity »

Hmm, maybe ignore that very small movement ? What I mean is don't update the 2D/3D Wiimote unless the movement is greater than 10 pixels (screenspace) or whatever that translates to real-world movement in millimeters/centimeters, but this would cause a dead-zone and would make the motion inaccurate.
Nothing better comes to my mind right now, but you should give this a shot if extreme accuracy is not what you need.
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt