=FRAGFIST= final demo

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Kentamanos
Minaton

Post by Kentamanos »

I think the point is to use PhysX these days you have to install a driver (even if you're only using the software version). I've seen people complain about it on the NxOgre forum. Not that big of a deal IMO...
BlasterN
Gnome

Post by BlasterN »

Works:
MapToMesh | Bengine B9 @ www.sourceforge.net/projects/maptoogremesh/
3DWorldStudio exporter@ www.blastern.info
Chris Jones
Lich

Post by Chris Jones »

i installed it, great game! nice work

only played it with bots, shame they drive round the same path over and over

also, sucks that my keyboard is slightly screwed that i cant press up and left at the same time :D
Jens_K
Kobold

Post by Jens_K »

@Chris Jones: Thanks for playing, glad you liked it. Of course the game is intended for multiplayer gaming in the first place. Therefore we needed to find a way to demonstrate the game's scope towards the audience during presentations, when there was no LAN available.
We always felt like makebelievers when we demonstrated Fragfist without any opponents in it. The easiest and fastest way was to have a given number of bots circle around waypoints on the streets.
This improved our presentations a lot. And players were at least able to get a feeling for the cars, the city and the weaponry.
I used to have problems with my keyboard at my place too. In the future we want to update the demo with optional gamepad controls, this is something that always felt right with Fragfist...

@BlasterN: Thanks for the links, howerver for everybody who wants to give Fragfist a shot, the PhysX-driver is implemented in the actual Fragfist_Setup.exe, you don't need to download this tool manually. Setup for the driver starts autmatically after installing Fragfist.

@Kentamanos: That's right. you can even disable the driver once it's installed.

@Chris Jones: Thanks for downloading, hope it runs smooth. You don't need a PhysX Card to play the demo. In fact, we never used one during development either.... :)

@Jerky: Thanks man, we're happy to share it with you.
When setting up your "HOST" options, there is a field where you can enter the number of bots you want to play with...
At least you are not alone in the world anymore... although you're going to be the smartest which gets a little annoying after a while :)
Try to catch "Rocket Launcher Level III" and teach these bots a lesson!
Should be fun.
Toby
Halfling

Post by Toby »

Ho yes, I am waiting on this release since first démo. I congratulate you because I m using PhysX to for my car and it's a bite difficult.
Toby or not Toby

http://aubrun.thibaut.free.fr

Freelance software developper, perhaps ;)
Hansel
Gremlin

Post by Hansel »

Amazing graphics and physics, i like it :D
skatehead
Halfling

Post by skatehead »

well done, and grats on finally having all finished and released to the public

i had a bit of a drive around, and it looks great, but i think i'll have to wait until my next lan to get the gameplay experience :)

again, well done
ImageImageImageImage
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

*Puts Frag fist on "Reasons To Get A physX card" List*
I am yet to Test, but it Looks Wkd
toph
Gnoblar

Post by toph »

Update your website with this funny cover and a download-link guys ;)
Jens_K
Kobold

Post by Jens_K »

@toph: Sure thing, there should be a website update soon. I just wanted to have this setup file off of my list to continue working on my reel. By the time I found myself a job, I'll update the page. For sure!
Funny cover, eh? does it look convincing? We needed to make a fake retail DVD case for our projects as part of our graduation exam...

@danharibo: that's very nice of you. If you have the funds, you should really consider getting a PhysX PPU. I saw "cellfactor" at GDC earlier this year which looked like tremendous fun with physics. And this game "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter", it looks incredible with enabled PhysX acceleration... great explosions!

@Skatehead: thanks man, it was truly a great undertaking. We managed to release three playable demos and one pretty neat trailer during our two years at Games Academy. There are still a lot of things that bug me with this release, but I don't believe we could have done better, if we had concentrated on developing just one demo. We learned so much from the earlier releases...
About your LAN, it would be awesome if you would actually show the game to your friends... we experienced that four to six players works great on the map. Please tell us how the session was and what your friends thought about it.

@Hansel: Thanks man, really appreciated.

@Toby: Thanks for sticking with us man. I hope you can enjoy the demo. Whatever Stephan did to make our cars twist and turn and deform... it's pure magic to me! Good luck on your project.
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

Jens_K wrote: @danharibo: that's very nice of you. If you have the funds, you should really consider getting a PhysX PPU. I saw "cellfactor" at GDC earlier this year which looked like tremendous fun with physics. And this game "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter", it looks incredible with enabled PhysX acceleration... great explosions!
i would only Buy a PPU that could Simulate all Physics engines not just the 1
Paulov
Greenskin

Post by Paulov »

yeah!
the screens look superfine>>> it remembers me quite a bit carmagedon// wich is one of my few original games>>

felicidades por ese fantastico trabajo!! ke bueno!!