OgreSpeedTree - v2.0 released, SpeedTree v5 support

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Re: OgreSpeedTree - v2.0 released, SpeedTree v5 support

Post by Praetor »

Every time someone talks to me about making a 3D app I end up not-so-subtly asking if they need high-quality foliage so I can use this. It looks really excellent. This new version is just absolutely beautiful.
Game Development, Engine Development, Porting
http://www.darkwindmedia.com
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Praetor wrote:Every time someone talks to me about making a 3D app I end up not-so-subtly asking if they need high-quality foliage so I can use this. It looks really excellent. This new version is just absolutely beautiful.
Haha, thanks :) I'm bumping up my advertising budget for the new version. My feeling is that having a nice range of solutions, free and higher-end / commercial, can only be good for the Ogre ecosystem over time.
Danoli3
Halfling

Post by Danoli3 »

sinbad wrote:
Praetor wrote:Every time someone talks to me about making a 3D app I end up not-so-subtly asking if they need high-quality foliage so I can use this. It looks really excellent. This new version is just absolutely beautiful.
Haha, thanks :) I'm bumping up my advertising budget for the new version. My feeling is that having a nice range of solutions, free and higher-end / commercial, can only be good for the Ogre ecosystem over time.
I've been seeing the add everywhere! Its really targetted at the right sites lol!
Studying BSc in Games Development @ the University of Technology of Sydney Australia
Ogre Projects so far: Mall Rush
Finished a Diploma in Games Development 2009
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I've just released RC1 of OgreSpeedTree v2.0, including new and improved grass rendering:

The grass now has softer edges, combines with the new lighting & depth shadows better, and automatically uses the same wind modelling the trees do. It also handles pitched camera angles a little nicer than the last version.
aguru
Goblin

Post by aguru »

And what difference it makes! I mean, just not to see the floor plane any more makes it look so nice... Add to that the shadows *wow*

Great work, sinbad. I can see how OgreSpeedTree, coupled with the new terrain, will be a great option for any company interested in outdoor scenes.
njw1985
Gnoblar

Post by njw1985 »

how to select ogrespeedtree by mouse?
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

sinbad wrote:This is not the place for OgreSpeedTree support since it's a commercial product. Please contact me via email (as you have done previously).
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Development on OgreSpeedTree has been discontinued. The full source code is now available free - without support - if you contact your IDV SpeedTree representative, who will give you a download link.

It's been a fun 3 years, but it's time to move on. I can't release it as open source because of the SpeedTree link, but anyone who is a SpeedTree customer can at least get the whole thing, with full source, for free now.
metaldev
Orc Shaman

Post by metaldev »

sinbad wrote:Development on OgreSpeedTree has been discontinued. The full source code is now available free - without support - if you contact your IDV SpeedTree representative, who will give you a download link.

It's been a fun 3 years, but it's time to move on. I can't release it as open source because of the SpeedTree link, but anyone who is a SpeedTree customer can at least get the whole thing, with full source, for free now.
Sinbad, thank you for all the work you have done. ::bow::
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by syedhs »

At the risk of being off-topic - it is not all gloom, this explains where Steve is heading to: http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/06/sourc ... ureBeat%29

Congratulation! :D
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me