The Teddy Incident [update: released editor]

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Gasilli
Gnoblar

Post by Gasilli »

Great game! I would love to see some future development of it, I know your team is a little short on, you know team, but I can help out, I can program, I haven't done much with OGRE yet, but I have been using C++ for 3.5 years.
JekaX
Gnoblar

Post by JekaX »

Great game! :) really :) some brutal gothic paranoidal exp:))
www.neoaxisgroup.com - Ogre based complete game\VR engine.
novaumas
Greenskin

Post by novaumas »

@JekaX: :D Glad you liked it.

@Gasilli: The team is short on team :D nice way of putting it jejeje.
I really appreciate your offer, it's very kind of you to want to dedicate your free time to help. I'm really sorry to have to decline. :(
Sadly, I myself am gradually moving onto other stuff too.
I have finished the master this game was a project for, and I can't justify dedicating the time it needs to it ( I actually should start concentrating on looking for a job... :? )
What I'm planning to do is make the level editor public in the next couple of days so that anyone can add new art resources or build their own levels for the game.
Gasilli
Gnoblar

Post by Gasilli »

Thats ok, I dont suppose you will release the source code? :wink: Because I wouldn't mind leading the project.
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by xavier »

Gasilli wrote:Thats ok, I dont suppose you will release the source code?
I think this point has been amply addressed...
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
Gasilli
Gnoblar

Post by Gasilli »

Hey, who knows? He may just really like me! :P
Jallen
Halfling

Post by Jallen »

Awesome.
chincillya
Halfling

Post by chincillya »

Awesome work man! I saw it on gamedev.net and was immediately impressed!
"Black holes are the result of God dividing by zero."

http://www.sebastian-ahlman.fi/
novaumas
Greenskin

Re: The Teddy Incident

Post by novaumas »

It's some time since I've touched anything to do with this game, but I remember I promised I'd release the editor we used to make the levels, and I like to keep my promises :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMXT7QZ4

To try it out you'll need the game files. In the first post there is a link to the game, so you can obtain them from there ( the "official" web is dead, so use the other link... )

If I recall correctly, you should unzip the contents to a folder named "editor", next to the "data" folder, so it should look something like this:

teddyIncident
+data
+editor
carzex
Gnoblar

Re: The Teddy Incident [update: released editor]

Post by carzex »

Whenever I unzip the original game file that you guys posted (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VWQS104D), a problem appears. It sais a OgreMain.dll is missing. I download it from the internet and put it on "bin". After I run the aplication, it keeps saying the he can't find the file called "OgreMain.dll", and asks me to reinstall... I´ve done it, but still same error :/

Can you help me please? :oops:
novaumas
Greenskin

Re: The Teddy Incident [update: released editor]

Post by novaumas »

Hi carzex,

I think all the necessary Ogre files to play the game should be on that zip and you shouldn't need to download it at all.

The only thing that needed installing that's not on the package would be PhysX, but it's strange it would complain on a missing OgreMain.dll... Does the application create a log.txt file at all when trying to run?

Anyway, just in case, we were using Ogre 1.4.7 (SDK), so if you downloaded any other version and are trying to use that, it will probably not work.