Game Of Dream SDK

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
cin
Kobold

Game Of Dream SDK

Post by cin »

Image My name is Vladimir. Four years ago I decided to write a game engine using Ogre. All this time I worked alone. The first version was a simple scene editor for Ogre (wxSceneEditor). Then I separated all that relates to the game system into separate modules. There is also an editor of scenes for the system. Took a long time before the system has gained such a kind that it has now.
Now the system looks as shown in the attached images.
I have a website (you can use sites translate.ru (better) or translate.google.ru to transfer information) http://www.gameofdream.z83.ru, there is enough information so you can understand what it is. If it is more interested people on this board, I could transfer all information from Russian into English.
At the moment I'm working on another version, there used Ogre 1.7, wxWidgets 2.9 and so on. This version is on another repository, if you have an interest will be the system, or you want to help me, I can open access to the new version. I think the harm you I will find those who can help me, but I am ready to provide all the necessary information to help you understand the system.
Current all in Russian. but I can translate to English (Or turn on LanguageSystem for use in system and editor).
Some images..

Later I'll show more pictures.

License: LGPL
Address of repository: https://github.com/CryIntoNight/Game-Of-Dream
Attachments
Deferred shading test in editor (in old version)
Deferred shading test in editor (in old version)
DeferredTest.jpg (220.99 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
System organization
System organization
System.png (134.55 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
Last edited by cin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: Game Of Dream SDK

Post by jacmoe »

That's not bad after four years of working alone! :D
Looks pretty solid - and a good presentation.
Russian programmers are in a special category, or so it seems. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.

my.name
Goblin

Post by my.name »

=)

joco
Gnoblar

Post by joco »

I expect English document and English version,although English is not my native language.

cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

joco wrote:I expect English document and English version,although English is not my native language.
While you can read all info in "GameOfDream wiki" folder, use WikidPad (for read .wiki file) and google translater (If you not want wait.).
You are interested in the project?

archangel92
Kobold

Post by archangel92 »

nice work)
(anybody know what with the ogre3d.ru ? )

Ockonal
Greenskin

Post by Ockonal »

archangel92 wrote:nice work)
(anybody know what with the ogre3d.ru ? )
I'm afraid they didn't pay for the host :)
But u still can read need articles from google cache.

joco
Gnoblar

Post by joco »

cin wrote:
joco wrote:I expect English document and English version,although English is not my native language.
While you can read all info in "GameOfDream wiki" folder, use WikidPad (for read .wiki file) and google translater (If you not want wait.).
You are interested in the project?
yes,I am very interested in it,especially the editor.I am just a student.I am tying to write a RPG demo using ogre,ois,mygui,EMT,and other library,but i find the framework of the game is too difficult for me.And i have no experience to integrate so many librarys.I expect to learn this SDK and use it to do some practice.

cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

At the moment a lot of things still missing. I think the system is not yet ready for practical use.
If you have questions you can ask them to me via ICQ: 458142092 or Jabber: gameofdream@jabber.ru

jamesbear
Gnoblar

Post by jamesbear »

Good! I need it. Can you translate it into English as well as Chinese? I am planning to develop a learning game for child with dyslexia.

Ockonal
Greenskin

Post by Ockonal »

jamesbear wrote:Good! I need it. Can you translate it into English as well as Chinese? I am planning to develop a learning game for child with dyslexia.
This tool isn't finished. And it's far from the end. I think http://www.neoaxisgroup.com/ NeoAxis would be better thing for you.

cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

I have written here about the system in order to find people who realize some missing things. And of course I am waiting for advice from you and criticism. Write what you think about it.
I am currently working on the translation of existing lines into English. The language system is connected and working. To traslate just want to edit an XML file (wordlist) and in the configuration file set which language will be active.
[google translated]

cin
Kobold

Post by cin »

Now I want check translate on other languages. Now I translate plugins strings.
jamesbear: translate file (XML) in attachment to your language please, and attach to your next message. I am show results for you.
[cin translated :-)]
Attachments
wordlist.zip
(716 Bytes) Downloaded 85 times

cin
Kobold

DS & PSSM

Post by cin »

Tell me please, when you turn on shadows (PSSM - there are multiple textures) may be problems?
Please reply to those who use the shadow PSSM and Deferred Shading simultaneously.

---
cin & translate.google.ru

rubenjavier
Gnoblar

Post by rubenjavier »

Hi, I have compiled and created ogre projects with wxWidgets in Windows and Linux in the past, are you interested in make it work under linux too?, Im not an expert but I could help you with the version using ogre 1.7 (thast what Im actually using under linux)
Is there any part that isnt multiplatform?

Thanks in advance.