Ogre Meshy 1.6 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux sup.)

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.1 - (Mesh viewer, Now supports Linux!)

Post by dark_sylinc »

Ogre Meshy v1.2 is out!
  1. Changed Linux behavior: settings are now saved to "(%home)/~.ogremeshy/" (thanks to Duong Pham for the patch).
  2. Recompiled application to support latest Skeleton format (animation rebase on any keyframe was added)
  3. Added bone name text above the bones toggle.
  4. Removed "Hide IK Bones" options as it was useless.
v1.2 is mainly a maintenance release. It was needed since newest Sinbad change to the skeleton format, which caused Meshy to crash when opening those files. Part of my commitment is to have a working up-to-date binary version for artists available at all times.

Having bone names was suggested by a community member and I thought it was easy to implement due to a wiki article (MovableText). There were more suggestions but I'm busy with other stuff.

Linux binary files will be available at a later date, as the build I have in my local machine accidentally included some debug functions I was using to catch a bug in that platform. And it's late now to reboot and recompile. The linux version now needs to be "installed". The good thing is, it works from any terminal by just typing "ogremeshy".

Cheers
Enjoy the release

Edit: @hartsantler I've never been interested in RTSS, so to my knowledge, no (unless it can be used as an automated plugin thing).

Update: Linux 1.2 binary version is up.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.2 - (Mesh viewer, Now supports Linux!)

Post by dark_sylinc »

Version 1.21 is out. It fixes a very stupid crash when using the bone size slider and the bone names aren't being displayed.

v1.2 users are strongly advised to update to version 1.21

Linux binary version will be available at a later date.
toglia
Gnome

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.21 - (Mesh viewer, Now supports Linux!)

Post by toglia »

Hi dark_sylinc!

I've been using your tool under linux these days since I'm doing some shader work and needed a way to quickly see my changes. It has been very useful and I appreciate your work very much. Cause I like it so much I've been fixing and customizing some behavior to make everything work properly under Ubuntu. But there's one thing I want to fix immediately.

I haven't read the entire code but I know you catch and "print" ogre exceptions on the log panel, I don't know how this works. But the app keeps crashing when I add and error to the shader and the mesh was already loaded. If the mesh was not loaded and I try to load the bad shader it just tells me safely in the log panel.

To reproduce:
1) Load a mesh with good material and shader.
2) Damage the shader (adding a bad character somewhere).
3) Reload the resources.

Can you take a look at it? maybe we can finally find a solution to that. I was doing a simple qt ogre mesh viewer too (it only had open/refresh/close hot-keys). But I couldn't manage to catch those ogre shader exceptions neither. I posted this here.

I'm about to make a hotkey for Meshy on Ubuntu! Lol ;) I might be opening/crashing it a couple of times per minute!
Last edited by toglia on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
toglia
Gnome

Post by toglia »

Maybe we can speak in spanish too! Jajajaj. Didn't see your nationality!
alsenes
Gnoblar

Post by alsenes »

Hi, quick question! Is it possible to make it run on Mac osx? If not, Is there any other tool compatible with this platorm?
I think you are using wx in the linux version for gui management, which I believe it's also supported on osx so, would it be difficult? I'll take a look at it after today's F1 race but I was wondering if someone had already tested it or if there was already a specific tool for osx.

Thanks!
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hola a todos :)
toglia wrote:Hi dark_sylinc!But the app keeps crashing when I add and error to the shader and the mesh was already loaded. If the mesh was not loaded and I try to load the bad shader it just tells me safely in the log panel.

To reproduce:
1) Load a mesh with good material and shader.
2) Damage the shader (adding a bad character somewhere).
3) Reload the resources.

Can you take a look at it? maybe we can finally find a solution to that. I was doing a simple qt ogre mesh viewer too (it only had open/refresh/close hot-keys). But I couldn't manage to catch those ogre shader exceptions neither. I posted this here.
Strange, I've been doing the same thing you've been doing (but on Windows I'm afraid) for a long time.
I usually need to reload resources and the mesh. If you hit F8 and quickly F5 before it ends loading it works flawlessly (except the camera is reseted). If I only hit F8 it rarely gets updated and usually I get render exceptions when I try to draw (may be on Linux they're not getting catch and that's what's causing the crash?).

Ogre Meshy does deal with corrupted materials, although if the error was caused by a real access violation (or similar) inside OgreMain then there's nothing I can do.

Try uploading your Ogre.log (should be in "~/ogremeshy" IIRC).

I'll look at it when I have time.
alsenes wrote:Hi, quick question! Is it possible to make it run on Mac osx?
Yes.

From the COMPILING.txt file which comes with the source code:
Compiling under Mac OS X:
=========================
I do not own a Mac, so I don't know about it.
However you may run into trouble because Ogre Meshy works with relative paths, and I've heard Mac OS doesn't like relative paths.
See xWidgetsApp::setWorkingDirectory()
Porting efforts would be bigger since you'll need to put the folder prefix at all strings containing folders.
I'm interesting in hearing your porting results, post them at: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59600
When I say "Porting efforts would be bigger since you'll need to put the folder prefix at all strings containing folders." I don't mean big efforts (probably less than 1 day for an experienced Mac developer).
And by "strings containing folders" I mean hard-coded strings.

I get the working directory simply by retrieving it from the argv parameter passed to the app (not the best way, but okeish)

Ogre Meshy assumes all plugins are under the "Plugins" folder, and a few meshes, materials and icons under the "Resources" folder.

Latest Linux distribution now assumes those folders are under "/opt/ogremeshy/", and config files under "~/.ogremeshy/"; using them might make OgreMeshy work out of the box for Mac.
Either way see variables m_configDirectory & c_pluginsCfg
If not, Is there any other tool compatible with this platorm?
Anything up to date? Not that I'm aware of.
toglia
Gnome

Post by toglia »

This is weird. Then its maybe a linux problem. The log doesn't have anything special:

Code: Select all

11:32:43: Creating resource group General
11:32:43: Creating resource group Internal
11:32:43: Creating resource group Autodetect
11:32:43: SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type Material
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
11:32:43: OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
11:32:43: OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
11:32:43: OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type Font
11:32:43: ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
11:32:43: ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
11:32:43: DDS codec registering
11:32:43: FreeImage version: 3.15.0
11:32:43: This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all common bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
11:32:43: Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,pgm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp2,pfm,pct,pict,pic,3fr,arw,bay,bmq,cap,cine,cr2,crw,cs1,dc2,dcr,drf,dsc,dng,erf,fff,ia,iiq,k25,kc2,kdc,mdc,mef,mos,mrw,nef,nrw,orf,pef,ptx,pxn,qtk,raf,raw,rdc,rw2,rwl,rwz,sr2,srf,sti
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
11:32:43: MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
11:32:43: Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL
11:32:43: Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
11:32:43: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
11:32:43: Plugin successfully installed
11:32:43: Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager
11:32:43: Installing plugin: Cg Program Manager
11:32:43: Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
11:32:43: Installing plugin: Octree & Terrain Scene Manager
11:32:43: Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_ParticleFX
11:32:43: Installing plugin: ParticleFX
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
11:32:43: Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
11:32:43: Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
11:32:43: *-*-* OGRE Initialising
11:32:43: *-*-* Version 1.7.3 (Cthugha)
11:32:43: CPU Identifier & Features
11:32:43: -------------------------
11:32:43:  *   CPU ID: GenuineIntel: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz
11:32:43:  *      SSE: yes
11:32:43:  *     SSE2: yes
11:32:43:  *     SSE3: yes
11:32:43:  *      MMX: yes
11:32:43:  *   MMXEXT: yes
11:32:43:  *    3DNOW: no
11:32:43:  * 3DNOWEXT: no
11:32:43:  *     CMOV: yes
11:32:43:  *      TSC: yes
11:32:43:  *      FPU: yes
11:32:43:  *      PRO: yes
11:32:43:  *       HT: no
11:32:43: -------------------------
11:32:43: ******************************
*** Starting GLX Subsystem ***
11:32:43: GLRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OgreRenderWindow1", 512x512 windowed  miscParams: parentWindowHandle=85983363 
11:32:43: GLXWindow::create used FBConfigID = 117
11:32:43: GL_VERSION = 3.3.0 NVIDIA 275.21
11:32:43: GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
11:32:43: GL_RENDERER = GeForce GTX 275/PCI/SSE2
11:32:43: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_x11_sync_object GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_test GL_NV_blend_minmax GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_complex_primitives GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragdepth GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_lod_clamp GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_depth32 GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_3D GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum 
11:32:43: Supported GLX extensions: GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address 
11:32:43: ***************************
11:32:43: *** GL Renderer Started ***
11:32:43: ***************************
11:32:43: Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
11:32:43: GLSL support detected
11:32:43: GL: Using GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for rendering to textures (best)
11:32:43: FBO PF_UNKNOWN depth/stencil support: D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_L8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A4L4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_BYTE_LA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_R5G6B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_B5G6R5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A4R4G4B4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A1R5G5B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_B8G8R8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A2R10G10B10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:43: FBO PF_A2B10G10R10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_X8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_X8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_SHORT_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_R3G3B2 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT16_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT32_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT16_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_FLOAT32_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: FBO PF_SHORT_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
11:32:44: [GL] : Valid FBO targets PF_UNKNOWN PF_L8 PF_A8 PF_A4L4 PF_BYTE_LA PF_R5G6B5 PF_B5G6R5 PF_A4R4G4B4 PF_A1R5G5B5 PF_R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8 PF_A8R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8A8 PF_A2R10G10B10 PF_A2B10G10R10 PF_FLOAT16_RGB PF_FLOAT16_RGBA PF_FLOAT32_RGB PF_FLOAT32_RGBA PF_X8R8G8B8 PF_X8B8G8R8 PF_SHORT_RGBA PF_R3G3B2 PF_FLOAT16_R PF_FLOAT32_R PF_FLOAT16_GR PF_FLOAT32_GR PF_SHORT_RGB 
11:32:44: RenderSystem capabilities
11:32:44: -------------------------
11:32:44: RenderSystem Name: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
11:32:44: GPU Vendor: nvidia
11:32:44: Device Name: GeForce GTX 275/PCI/SSE2
11:32:44: Driver Version: 3.3.0.0
11:32:44:  * Fixed function pipeline: yes
11:32:44:  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
11:32:44:  * Texture blending: yes
11:32:44:  * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
11:32:44:  * Dot product texture operation: yes
11:32:44:  * Cube mapping: yes
11:32:44:  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
11:32:44:    - Stencil depth: 8
11:32:44:    - Two sided stencil support: yes
11:32:44:    - Wrap stencil values: yes
11:32:44:  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
11:32:44:  * Vertex programs: yes
11:32:44:  * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 1024
11:32:44:  * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Fragment programs: yes
11:32:44:  * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 512
11:32:44:  * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Geometry programs: yes
11:32:44:  * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 512
11:32:44:  * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
11:32:44:  * Supported Shader Profiles: arbfp1 arbvp1 fp20 fp30 fp40 glsl gp4gp gp4vp gpu_gp gpu_vp nvgp4 vp30 vp40
11:32:44:  * Texture Compression: yes
11:32:44:    - DXT: yes
11:32:44:    - VTC: yes
11:32:44:    - PVRTC: no
11:32:44:  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
11:32:44:  * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
11:32:44:  * User clip planes: yes
11:32:44:  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
11:32:44:  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
11:32:44:  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
11:32:44:  * Floating point textures: yes
11:32:44:  * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
11:32:44:  * Volume textures: yes
11:32:44:  * Multiple Render Targets: 8
11:32:44:    - With different bit depths: yes
11:32:44:  * Point Sprites: yes
11:32:44:  * Extended point parameters: yes
11:32:44:  * Max Point Size: 63.375
11:32:44:  * Vertex texture fetch: yes
11:32:44:  * Number of world matrices: 0
11:32:44:  * Number of texture units: 32
11:32:44:  * Stencil buffer depth: 8
11:32:44:  * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
11:32:44:    - Max vertex textures: 32
11:32:44:    - Vertex textures shared: yes
11:32:44:  * Render to Vertex Buffer : yes
11:32:44:  * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
11:32:44:  * Frame Buffer objects: yes
11:32:44:  * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
11:32:44:  * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
11:32:44:  * PBuffer support: yes
11:32:44:  * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
11:32:44: Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
11:32:44: DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread 0x253b930.
11:32:44: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 0x295af70 starting.
11:32:44: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 0x24dc300 starting.
11:32:44: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 0x2963d30 starting.
11:32:44: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 0x2964460 starting.
11:32:44: Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
11:32:44: SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
11:32:44: SceneManagerFactory for type 'TerrainSceneManager' registered.
11:32:44: Creating resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
11:32:44: Added resource location 'Resources/Models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalPermanentMeshGroup'
11:32:44: Initialising resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
11:32:44: Parsing scripts for resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
11:32:44: Parsing script Grid.material
11:32:44: Parsing script BoneMesh.material
11:32:44: Parsing script Axis.material
11:32:44: Finished parsing scripts for resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
11:32:44: Creating resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:44: Texture: Grid.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
11:32:45: Destroying resource group General
11:32:45: Unloading resource group General
11:32:45: Finished unloading resource group General
11:32:45: Creating resource group Bingo
11:32:45: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Meshes/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:32:45: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Textures/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:32:45: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Materiales/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:32:45: Parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
11:32:45: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
11:32:45: Parsing scripts for resource group Bingo
11:32:45: Parsing script ppPhongNormalSphereMap.material
11:32:45: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Bingo
11:32:45: Parsing scripts for resource group Internal
11:32:45: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal
11:32:45: Parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:45: Finished parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Destroying resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Unloading resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Finished unloading resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Creating resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Meshes' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
11:32:50: Parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Finished parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
11:32:50: Mesh: Loading PelotaShapeLow.mesh.
11:32:51: Texture: leather_normal.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 10 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
11:32:51: Texture: leather_specular.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 10 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
11:32:51: Texture: oro.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,189x189x1) with 7 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,189x189x1.
11:33:00: Destroying resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Unloading resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Finished unloading resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Creating resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Meshes/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:33:00: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Textures/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:33:00: Added resource location '/media/sdc1/Dropbox/Meshy/media/Materiales/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Bingo'
11:33:00: Parsing scripts for resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Parsing script ppPhongNormalSphereMap.material
11:33:00: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp: The compile returned an error.
(114) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting identifier or template identifier or type identifier at token ")"
(114) : error C0501: type name expected at token ")"
(115) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(115) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(122) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(122) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(122) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(125) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(125) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(125) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(128) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(128) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(128) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(133) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(133) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(135) : error C1033: cast not allowed
(135) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting ')' at token "{"
(135) : error C0501: type name expected at token "{"
(137) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(137) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(137) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(138) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(138) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(138) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(142) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(142) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(143) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(143) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(146) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(146) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(146) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(147) : error C1066: invalid type in type constructor
(147) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(147) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(149) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(149) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
(151) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' at token ";"
(151) : error C0501: type name expected at token ";"
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/PlugIns/CgProgramManager/src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
11:33:00: High-level program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp: The compile returned an error.
(114) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting identifier or template identifier or type identifier at token ")"
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/PlugIns/CgProgramManager/src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
11:33:00: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp: The compile returned an error.
11:33:00: High-level program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp: The compile returned an error.
11:33:00: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Bingo
11:33:00: Texture: leather_normal.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 10 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
11:33:00: Texture: leather_specular.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 10 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
11:33:00: Texture: oro.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,189x189x1) with 7 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,189x189x1.
11:33:00: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp: The compile returned an error.
11:33:00: High-level program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_vp: The compile returned an error.
11:33:00: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp: The compile returned an error.
11:33:00: High-level program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program ppPhongNormalSphereMap_fp: The compile returned an error.
Segmentation fault
Note that the program stops logging after the segmentation fault.
What is more weird is that I recompiled it in Debug mode (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE), ran OgreMeshy with gdb -d option and I can't get the backtrace, it just quits, and the gdb prints "Segmentation fault."

I would like to know of other linux users have seen this behaviour (posted above), crash when reloading resources (F8) and some shader has a bug.
volca
Gnome

Post by volca »

You could try doing a coredump and analyze that instead:

ulimit -c unlimited
<run ogre meshy...>
gdb -c core <ogre_meshy_binary>
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

I'll try to do the same in Linux this night and see. I noted you're using Ogre 1.7. There might have been a access violation fix between 1.7 and 1.8 that is causing my Windows code not to crash.
toglia
Gnome

Post by toglia »

Wow, this is getting a bit scary, I got when realoading the bad shader:

Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  Ogre::GLRenderSystem::bindGpuProgram (this=0x7f89dd31ea58, prg=0x0)
    at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/RenderSystems/GL/src/OgreGLRenderSystem.cpp:3010
3010	/build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/RenderSystems/GL/src/OgreGLRenderSystem.cpp: No such file or directory.
	in /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/RenderSystems/GL/src/OgreGLRenderSystem.cpp
Not only that, I discovered the exact same bug when loading the jaiqua and its official hardware animated skeletal animation material.
toglia
Gnome

Post by toglia »

The jaiqua opens ok... Lol.

I got the same exception cause I was missing the glsl program on my resource folder. But it tells the same thing! the bindGpuProgram is causing the segmentation fault, and segfaults CAN'T be caught as far as I know.

Should this be reported as an genuine ogre bug? This can definitely be replicated by removing the skinningTwoWeightsVp.glsl file and running the sample browser under Ubuntu, it will crash instead of putting the white material.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

I'll try to reproduce it first. It seems like bad usage to me (we're reloading a shader after all). It crashes at either a dangling ptr or a null ptr. If it's a null ptr, it's probably our fault.
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tdev »

nice progress :)
in case you want to translate it, i have some tool for online translating .po/.mo files:

http://communitytranslate.org

our project in there:

http://communitytranslate.org/Translati ... cts/view/1
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

@toglia:
I've been able to reproduce the crash. It wasn't crashing in Win32 because wxWidgets is catching Win32 exceptions too (not the usual thing to do; seems to be my particular build).

You may be glad to hear that I've fixed the bug (and in the process fixed a few more related) and will be uploading everything tomorrow.

If you're in a hurry, I'm uploading a diff for you. It's just one file.

@tdev:
Thanks for the offering. Didn't know about the site. Translation in OgreMeshy meets more technical constraints than anything else. I don't have any kind of code to load strings in different languages (translating them would be the least of my problems, considering I speak 3 languages).
Meshy is supposed to be lightweight, and by the way, it started as a tool written in 2 days :lol:
Still, thanks :)

Cheers
Dark Sylinc
Attachments
Fix.patch.bz2
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
toglia
Gnome

Post by toglia »

Yes! got it working! No more crashes. Thanks man.
What a relief!
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tdev »

dark_sylinc wrote:@tdev:
Thanks for the offering. Didn't know about the site. Translation in OgreMeshy meets more technical constraints than anything else. I don't have any kind of code to load strings in different languages (translating them would be the least of my problems, considering I speak 3 languages).
Meshy is supposed to be lightweight, and by the way, it started as a tool written in 2 days :lol:
Still, thanks :)
its actually very easy, thats the way we do it (to stay compatible with the POSIX i18n formats):
1. put a _L() around your String or such (see our implementation: http://redmine.rigsofrods.com/projects/ ... uage.h#L42)
2. use PoEdit to extract (and translate the strings): http://www.poedit.net/
3. then use moFileReader to load the results upon application startup: http://redmine.rigsofrods.com/projects/ ... ge.cpp#L81
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Ogre Meshy v1.3 is out!
  1. Reloading a resources.cfg file would stop the reloading at the first particle script encountered, since particle templates weren't being destroyed.
  2. Reloading a resources.cfg now updates automatically the material in used in case such material and/or it's shaders were defined among those resources
  3. Reloading resources.cfg with corrupted material data being in use could ocassionally cause crashes (and always in Linux)
  4. Improved Linux stability
  5. Updated FAQ
Go get it!
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tdev »

dark_sylinc wrote:Ogre Meshy v1.3 is out!
  1. Reloading a resources.cfg file would stop the reloading at the first particle script encountered, since particle templates weren't being destroyed.
  2. Reloading a resources.cfg now updates automatically the material in used in case such material and/or it's shaders were defined among those resources
  3. Reloading resources.cfg with corrupted material data being in use could ocassionally cause crashes (and always in Linux)
  4. Improved Linux stability
  5. Updated FAQ
Go get it!
very nice, thanks :)

i was so free to improve it a bit:
- fixed mousewheel - wheel events now working, also fixed imprecision (int->float)
- added colours to log window
- logwindow hidden by default, only shows upon error or through menu
- enforcing vsync: otherwise cpu waste and lots of warnings upon window resizing
- camera not reset on mesh reloading
- now possible to close the log pane, overrode the panes close button event
- corrected typo in about window (also added my name to it)
- added cpack
- fixed up cmake for windows again, removed linux bits (needs to be fixed)
- setWorkingDirectory working correctly now
- windows: logs and config now stored in the user path: no more crashing.
sources, binary and installer (via CPack) can be found there:
{ download removed, no official release }
Last edited by tdev on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.3 - (Mesh viewer, Now supports Linux!)

Post by tdev »

added some info to the status bar, also changed the layout a bit. I like it better this way, opinions? :)
Attachments
meshy.png
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Whoa! Congrats and thanks for the changes!

I'll take a look at it and try to incorporate the new changes. Not sure if I like the new layout though. The extra info is great.
Also I'll give it a QA to see there aren't bugs.

This will be probably v1.4 unless something weird comes out ;)

Edit: I'll be reviewing it around next week probably. I have an exam to take this wednesday
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tdev »

dark_sylinc wrote:Whoa! Congrats and thanks for the changes!

I'll take a look at it and try to incorporate the new changes. Not sure if I like the new layout though. The extra info is great.
Also I'll give it a QA to see there aren't bugs.

This will be probably v1.4 unless something weird comes out ;)

Edit: I'll be reviewing it around next week probably. I have an exam to take this wednesday
the toolbar wasted too much space on the top IMHO ;)
also, what about checking the source code into the sourceforge project SVN?
this way its easier to work together for everyone :)

(or open a new google code project)
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi!

Done a few quick tests. Changes are small in code but big in feeling. Couldn't believe how stupid the mouse scroll bug was. I thought Skip(true) had the exact opposite behavior, now I that I've re read the documentation. Furthermore I believe by having zoomInCamera accepting ints rather than floats, the wheel parameter probably became 0.

I've have a few questions/comments:
  1. In file main.cpp you've replaced all the wxT("") with (""). Is there any reason to it? This breaks the Linux build,
  2. In main.cpp line 123 all you've done was adding the following line: "std::string out = fullAppPath.GetPath();" That serves no purpose as far as I can see.
  3. The Grid is black instead of white in the included binary. Probably a material bug.
  4. The light green colour in the Log is unreadable. I haven't seen Yellow but I bet it's probably the same. Must be replaced with dark green and dark yellow
  5. I have seen a "Can't assign material " message in black followed by many more in red. Obviously the first message is wrongly coloured. Will do further research
  6. I like the CMake preparing itself for NSIS, but your path to Ogre SDK is hard coded. Moreover Linux support must be reevaluated.
  7. Edit: Since the cfg files are in an "unreachable" place (Users data folder), the start menu should have a "switch render system" shortcut
  8. Edit: Uninstall should ask to remove user config files.
I'll be doing a bit of code formatting to adapt the coding style (spaces between parenthesis, no function with early return, booleans start with 'b' as in bMyBool, etc) to maintain consistency. I should write a code style guide...
also, what about checking the source code into the sourceforge project SVN?
this way its easier to work together for everyone
"wxOgreMeshViewer" started as a viewer for my personal projects and (mainly) to solve a client's need. Therefore, I've been keeping the code in my private SVN server. I can't dump it and upload to SF.Net because it also contains a personal project and I didn't want to loose SVN history.
However, I'm convincing myself more and more that I should forget about that and start a new SVN check in in SF.Net
The code is stable enough and haven't had the need to go back and see previous code in a long time.

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Edit 2: By the way, the CMake was never working in Windows. I wrote it for the purpose of making the Linux build run. Supporting both platforms in CMake is welcomed though.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Consider BitBucket/Google Code/(even SourceForge) and Mercurial as it would make it so much easier to be able to contribute (and apply changes made by others) by means of cloning and pull requests.
Nothing wrong with SVN, but maybe a distributed source control system would be better?
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

As much as I like the DCVS concept, unlike Sinbad I consider current tools to be still in Stone age. I'm only using Mercurial due to Ogre using it (the difference lies in that Steve finds the current state as "acceptable" while I don't).
May be SourceTree is the future (I haven't tried it) as Sinbad and I share the same view and worries, but it's Mac Only.

SVN it is.

Edit: The text was missinterpreted.
Last edited by dark_sylinc on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tdev
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by tdev »

dark_sylinc wrote: Done a few quick tests. Changes are small in code but big in feeling. Couldn't believe how stupid the mouse scroll bug was. I thought Skip(true) had the exact opposite behavior, now I that I've re read the documentation. Furthermore I believe by having zoomInCamera accepting ints rather than floats, the wheel parameter probably became 0.
dont feel stupid, i also searched for quite a bit ;)
dark_sylinc wrote:
  1. In file main.cpp you've replaced all the wxT("") with (""). Is there any reason to it? This breaks the Linux build,
it refused to build under windows/VS. I guess i used a different wxWidgets version (unicode?). You can ignore this for now i think
dark_sylinc wrote: [*]In main.cpp line 123 all you've done was adding the following line: "std::string out = fullAppPath.GetPath();" That serves no purpose as far as I can see.
yes, sorry the changelog was wrong. I replaced that and reverted my edits when i saw the real problem.
dark_sylinc wrote: [*]The Grid is black instead of white in the included binary. Probably a material bug.
strange, its white here. Maybe the installer got something wrong or so
dark_sylinc wrote: [*]The light green colour in the Log is unreadable. I haven't seen Yellow but I bet it's probably the same. Must be replaced with dark green and dark yellow
yes, its a placeholder for something better :)
darkgreen is not a predefined color i think, so i chose that as placeholder.
dark_sylinc wrote: [*]I have seen a "Can't assign material " message in black followed by many more in red. Obviously the first message is wrongly coloured. Will do further research
can be: its simple string comparison in the end, and not perfected ;)
dark_sylinc wrote: [*]I like the CMake preparing itself for NSIS, but your path to Ogre SDK is hard coded. Moreover Linux support must be reevaluated.
ouch, forgot about that x|
need to be fixed with proper Ogre CMake variables.

And yes, linux support must be re-added properly (i can do this next week as well, having exam on monday)
dark_sylinc wrote: [*] Edit: Since the cfg files are in an "unreachable" place (Users data folder), the start menu should have a "switch render system" shortcut
forgot about that :-/
dark_sylinc wrote: [*] Edit: Uninstall should ask to remove user config files.[/list]
yes, NSIS generation is very limited via CPack. I guess we are better writing our own NSIS installer later on.
dark_sylinc wrote: I'll be doing a bit of code formatting to adapt the coding style (spaces between parenthesis, no function with early return, booleans start with 'b' as in bMyBool, etc) to maintain consistency. I should write a code style guide...
sorry for that, i hacked down most of that code, will reuse your style next time :)
dark_sylinc wrote: "wxOgreMeshViewer" started as a viewer for my personal projects and (mainly) to solve a client's need. Therefore, I've been keeping the code in my private SVN server. I can't dump it and upload to SF.Net because it also contains a personal project and I didn't want to loose SVN history.
However, I'm convincing myself more and more that I should forget about that and start a new SVN check in in SF.Net
The code is stable enough and haven't had the need to go back and see previous code in a long time.
jacmoe wrote:Consider BitBucket/Google Code/(even SourceForge) and Mercurial as it would make it so much easier to be able to contribute (and apply changes made by others) by means of cloning and pull requests.
Nothing wrong with SVN, but maybe a distributed source control system would be better?
i can only agree with jacmoe upon this. I think a little google code project with HG would be very nice :)
dark_sylinc wrote: Edit 2: By the way, the CMake was never working in Windows. I wrote it for the purpose of making the Linux build run. Supporting both platforms in CMake is welcomed though.
ah, that explains some things :)
i can work on the buildsystem next week to get it cross-platform

added some more things to the statusbar: {download removed, no official release}
meshy2.png
oh, and i reduced its frame-rate to 25 FPS. There is really no reason why it should run with vsync/60FPS IMHO.

also, what i would like to implement:
- FIX THE mouse drag rotation of objects: its very un-intuitive the way its implemented atm. The user needs a classic drag&drop feeling when rotating objects IMHO
- add the 3d axis mesh in the lower bottom corner of the 3d screen: much better and more professional ;)
- maybe add propertygrid to display mesh info. I find it much more compact and better organized (see my old viewer as example: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 25#p401959)
- problem notification (like in eclipse) with errors and warnings and possible problem solution suggestions when clicking on it
- global set-able include paths for resources
- improved mesh information on the info tab
- highlighting selected submeshes/materials in the tree view in the 3d view
- click on mesh and select appropriate geometry/material in the tree of the selected face?
- add Pane to view Materials/Textures/UVMappings
- add importer/exporter function for other file formats, easy to integrate i guess.
- automatic mesh upgrade/downgrade via menu?
- LOD testing mode?
- automatic LOD generation? maybe use a better algorithm than what is implemented in Ogre itself ...
- material/shader testing? changing the material/shader variables via propertygrid on the fly?
- plugin concept: would be awesome to use this to preview and edit the Procedural generated objects on the fly (see my signature)

just some ideas :)
Last edited by tdev on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.