Ogre Meshy 1.6 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux sup.)

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
BohdanKornienko
Halfling

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.6 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux s

Post by BohdanKornienko »

Ok. I have compiled your tool against Ogre without C++11.

Then I figured out that there is no Resources directory.
I have found Ubuntu precompiled application https://sourceforge.net/projects/ogreme ... 01.9.0%29/ and grabbed required files from there.

Application started but then crashed. Still not getting the idea why.

I have following suggestions:
* Add Resources directory to repository, so that all required files can be copied to install directory.
* I can run this code with debugger and see what caused a crash (hopefully with providing a fix).
* There is another nice thing (at least for linux users) that it is possible to copy resources.cfg and plugins.cfg from Ogre installation directory. So it can be added to CMake files as well.

I can all these things but never contributed to BitBucket projects. If you have a nice tutorial how to get around it I can do these things.

P.S. I am working under Archlinux.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

I won't deny the Linux compilation experience could be improved a lot. The COMPILING.txt file says:

Code: Select all

cd scripts/Resources
sh copyresources.sh
# CMake here to %OgreMeshyFolder%/build
cd ../../build
make all
cp OgreMeshy ../bin/Release_Linux/OgreMeshy
# Copy plugins plugins either from /usr/local/lib/OGRE or /usr/lib/OGRE to bin/Release_Linux/Plugins:
cd ../bin/Release_Linux
make install

!!! IMPORTANT: UBUNTU USERS !!!
OgreMeshy needs to have RW access to the folder "/home/user/.ogremeshy". The script "make install" will login as root, and may create the folder for the root user as owner instead of the local user.
To solve this problem, type "make ubuntu_install" instead.
I'm guessing you didn't run the copyresources.sh script?
As for the crash at startup, it's very likely the same problem Ubuntu faces (no RW access to /home/user/.ogremeshy folder)

This also reminds me OgreMeshy should be updated so that its config folder lives under /home/user/.config/ogremeshy instead of /home/user/.ogremeshy as is custom in this OS (and avoids cluttering the home folder).
BohdanKornienko
Halfling

dark_sylinc wrote:I won't deny the Linux compilation experience could be improved a lot. The COMPILING.txt file says:

cd scripts/Resources
sh copyresources.sh
# CMake here to %OgreMeshyFolder%/build
cd ../../build
make all
cp OgreMeshy ../bin/Release_Linux/OgreMeshy
# Copy plugins plugins either from /usr/local/lib/OGRE or /usr/lib/OGRE to bin/Release_Linux/Plugins:
cd ../bin/Release_Linux
make install

!!! IMPORTANT: UBUNTU USERS !!!
OgreMeshy needs to have RW access to the folder "/home/user/.ogremeshy". The script "make install" will login as root, and may create the folder for the root user as owner instead of the local user.
To solve this problem, type "make ubuntu_install" instead.
I'm guessing you didn't run the copyresources.sh script?
As for the crash at startup, it's very likely the same problem Ubuntu faces (no RW access to /home/user/.ogremeshy folder)

This also reminds me OgreMeshy should be updated so that its config folder lives under /home/user/.config/ogremeshy instead of /home/user/.ogremeshy as is custom in this OS (and avoids cluttering the home folder).
Oh. Did not notice this txt file. I will take a look at it.
So why do not I do these copying things in CMake? CMake has all required functionality for that. (I just need directions how to contribute into your repo)

About RW thing. I do not think it is a problem. Since I am installing the tool into a home directory.
BohdanKornienko
Halfling

By directions I mean how to better for from your project. How is it better push things on review. I believe that there should be some manuals. Just never worked with this VCS.

How to code I guess I will figure this out myself :lol:
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

BohdanKornienko wrote:By directions I mean how to better for from your project. How is it better push things on review. I believe that there should be some manuals. Just never worked with this VCS.

How to code I guess I will figure this out myself :lol:
Steps:
  • Fork OgreMeshy on Bitbucket:
  • Commit your changes and then push to that fork. You have to set the address to point to your own fork that bitbucket gives you. You can push to your fork because you own it (have Read/Write access):
  • Then on Bitbucket, go to OgreMeshy's original repo in Bitbucket, and click on Create Pull Request
That's it!
Try to keep your code changes in the same style the rest of the code has been written.

Cheers
Matias
BohdanKornienko
Halfling

Thanks. Seems not that difficult.
I will see what I can do.
So you do approve copying files into binary directory with CMake, do not you? Technically, I can try to replace this copy.sh file. So that it will be not required anymore (and in best scenario bat file for windows as well).
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

BohdanKornienko wrote:Thanks. Seems not that difficult.
I will see what I can do.
So you do approve copying files into binary directory with CMake, do not you? Technically, I can try to replace this copy.sh file. So that it will be not required anymore (and in best scenario bat file for windows as well).
Ideally the copy should be done via CMake instead of relying on manually executing the scripts.
BohdanKornienko
Halfling

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.6 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux sup.)

I have prepared pull request with changes: https://bitbucket.org/dark_sylinc/ogrem ... cmake/diff

I got the OgreMeshy running.
There is still left routines from copy script to do. Hopefully will do this in nearest future.
neetocin
Gnoblar

Post by neetocin »

Hello, is it possible to update OgreMeshy so that it compiles against Ogre 1.11? I am the Arch Linux AUR package maintainer for "ogremeshy-hg" and I am getting an error trying to build it. It seems to be related to a recent API change in Ogre::Exception. I think I remember it compiling okay for Ogre 1.10.

Thanks.

/home/rko/packages/ogremeshy-hg/src/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp: In member function ‘void MeshyMainFrameImpl::takeSnapshot(bool)’:
/home/rko/packages/ogremeshy-hg/src/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp:1495:10: error: ‘class Ogre::Exception’ has no member named ‘getNumber’
    if( e.getNumber() == Ogre::Exception::ERR_CANNOT_WRITE_TO_FILE && !askLocation )
          ^~~~~~~~~
darkss
Gnoblar

Post by darkss »

Hello. Can't build sbj with OGRE 1.10.11:

[  162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:55:67: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::MaterialManager::remove(const String&)'
[  162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:60:81: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::MaterialManager::resourceExists(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>)'
[  162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:62:66: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::MaterialManager::remove(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>)'
[  162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:68:67: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::FontManager::getByName(Ogre::String&)'
[  162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:75:68: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::MaterialManager::remove(const String&)' 
Please for the full log here: https://build.opensuse.org/package/live ... 5.0/x86_64
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Hello , the colleague of mine --DarkSS -- tries to build OgreMeshy 1.6 wiht Ogre 1.10.11 for opensuse 15 leap via build service ; nevertheless we got errors like :
[ 162s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:55:67: error: no matching function for call to 'Ogre::MaterialManager::remove(const String&)'
[ 162s] MaterialManager::getSingletonPtr()->remove(mpMaterial->getName());
[ 162s] ^
[ 162s] In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreCompositorManager.h:32:0,
[ 162s] from /usr/include/OGRE/Ogre.h:46,
[ 162s] from /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/src/Core/MovableText.cpp:10:
[ 162s] /usr/include/OGRE/OgreResourceManager.h:307:14: note: candidate: void Ogre::ResourceManager::remove(const ResourcePtr&)
[ 162s] void remove(const ResourcePtr& r);
full logs are at : https://build.opensuse.org/package/live ... 5.0/x86_64
also there's bug report at : https://sourceforge.net/p/ogremeshy/bugs/4/

Should we try earlier Ogre version ( that would be a piety, cause for opensuse 15 leap there is only that 1 10 11 version ... ) ?

What strikes me the most is that various ogre libs belonging to the same "release" : 1.10.* has external API changes , ain't that against UNIX tradition ?
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

this is a misconfiguration of the ogre package in opensuse/ use of deprecated API in Meshy. See:
https://github.com/OGRECave/ogre/blob/m ... trict-mode

you can compile ogre yourself to fix the issue.
darkss
Gnoblar

Post by darkss »

Thank you very much for the reply. OGRE_RESOURCEMANAGER_STRICT has already been ON. I've rebuilt it with OGRE_RESOURCEMANAGER_STRICT=OFF DAUTODETECT_RESOURCE_GROUP_NAME=ON but linking fails:

[  156s] [100%] Linking CXX executable ../bin/RelWithDebInfo/OgreMeshy
[  156s] /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
[  156s] /usr/bin/c++  -fmessage-length=0 -grecord-gcc-switches -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -g -I/usr/include/OGRE -I /usr/include/OGRE/Overlay -pthread -pthread -O2 -g -DNDEBUG  -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,now -rdynamic CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/AnimationPanel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/GridSettingsImpl.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/MovableText.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/Panels/AnimPosePanel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/Panels/LightsPanel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/ShaderGeneratorTechniqueResolverListener.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrame.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/wxOgreRenderWindow.cpp.o CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/main.cpp.o  -o ../bin/RelWithDebInfo/OgreMeshy  -L/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogremeshy-1.6/Dependencies/Ogre/build/RelWithDebInfo/lib -lOgreMain -lOgreOverlay -L/usr/lib64 -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangoxft-1.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lGL -lGLU 
[  157s] /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/OgreMeshy.dir/src/Core/AnimationPanel.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZN5boost6system16generic_categoryEv'
Should I add add something like lboost_system?
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Finally with the help of DarkSS, I built the OgreMeshy, however it is hardly usable for two reasons :

1) Whenever some entity is going to be removed from viewer ( either by loading a new model , or disabling a gird ) I get a crash :
Unhandled standard exception of type "N4Ogre25RuntimeAssertionExceptionE" with message "RuntimeAssertionException: name must not be empty in removeChild at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/ogre-1.10.11/OgreMain/src/OgreNode.cpp (line 802)"; terminating the application.

2) I cannot get any materials for any models to work; all I get when loading a model I get :

tom@linux-os00:~/ogreMeshy/bin/RelWithDebInfo> ./OgreMeshy 
Creating resource group General
Creating resource group Internal
Creating resource group Autodetect
SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type EmbeddedZip registered.
DDS codec registering
ETC codec registering
stb_image - v2.15 - public domain JPEG/PNG reader
Supported formats: jpeg,jpg,png,bmp,psd,tga,gif,pic,ppm,pgm,hdr
Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
Loading library /usr/lib64/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL
Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
Plugin successfully installed
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.10.11 (Xalafu)
CPU Identifier & Features
-------------------------
 *   CPU ID: AuthenticAMD: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
 *          SSE: yes
 *         SSE2: yes
 *         SSE3: yes
 *        SSE41: no
 *        SSE42: no
 *          MMX: yes
 *       MMXEXT: yes
 *        3DNOW: no
 *     3DNOWEXT: no
 *         CMOV: yes
 *          TSC: yes
 *INVARIANT TSC: yes
 *          FPU: yes
 *          PRO: yes
 *           HT: no
*** Starting GLX Subsystem ***
GLX_VERSION = 1.4
GLX_EXTENSIONS = GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_NV_swap_group GLX_NV_video_out GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear GLX_EXT_buffer_age GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_NV_present_video GLX_NV_copy_image GLX_NV_copy_buffer GLX_NV_multisample_coverage GLX_NV_video_capture GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness GLX_NV_delay_before_swap GLX_EXT_stereo_tree GLX_ARB_context_flush_control GLX_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge 
Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
GLRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OgreRenderWindow1", 256x256 windowed  miscParams: externalWindowHandle=60817518 parentWindowHandle=60817518 vsync=true 
Actual frame buffer FSAA: 0, gamma: false
Created GL 3.0 context
GLXWindow::create used FBConfigID = 165
GL_VERSION = 4.6.0 NVIDIA 396.54
GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER = GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_ballot GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_clock GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sparse_buffer GL_ARB_sparse_texture GL_ARB_spirv_extensions GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_formatted GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_EXT_window_rectangles GL_EXT_x11_sync_object GL_EXT_import_sync_object GL_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_EXT_memory_object GL_EXT_memory_object_fd GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_EXT_semaphore GL_EXT_semaphore_fd GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count GL_NV_bindless_texture GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_NV_blend_minmax_factor GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_command_list GL_NV_compute_program5 GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_draw_texture GL_NV_draw_vulkan_image GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility GL_NV_ES3_1_compatibility GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_feature_query GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_internalformat_sample_query GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 GL_NV_gpu_program5 GL_NV_gpu_program5_mem_extended GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64 GL_NV_gpu_shader5 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_query_resource GL_NV_query_resource_tag GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters GL_NV_shader_atomic_float GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_rectangle_compressed GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_uniform_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_NVX_nvenc_interop GL_NV_shader_thread_group GL_NV_shader_thread_shuffle GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum 
*** GL Renderer Started ***
Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
GLSL support detected
GL: Using GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for rendering to textures (best)
FBO PF_UNKNOWN depth/stencil support: D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_L8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_BYTE_LA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R5G6B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B5G6R5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A4R4G4B4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A1R5G5B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R8G8B8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R3G3B2 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
[GL] : Valid FBO targets PF_UNKNOWN PF_L8 PF_A8 PF_BYTE_LA PF_R5G6B5 PF_B5G6R5 PF_A4R4G4B4 PF_A1R5G5B5 PF_R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8 PF_A8R8G8B8 PF_A8B8G8R8 PF_B8G8R8A8 PF_FLOAT16_RGB PF_FLOAT16_RGBA PF_FLOAT32_RGB PF_FLOAT32_RGBA PF_X8R8G8B8 PF_X8B8G8R8 PF_R8G8B8A8 PF_SHORT_RGBA PF_R3G3B2 PF_FLOAT16_R PF_FLOAT32_R PF_FLOAT16_GR PF_FLOAT32_GR PF_SHORT_RGB 
RenderSystem capabilities
RenderSystem Name: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
GPU Vendor: nvidia
Device Name: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Driver Version: 4.6.0.0
 * Fixed function pipeline: yes
 * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
 * Cube mapping: yes
 * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
   - Stencil depth: 8
   - Two sided stencil support: yes
   - Wrap stencil values: yes
 * 32-bit index buffers: yes
 * Vertex programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 1024
 * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 0
 * Fragment programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 1024
 * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 0
 * Geometry programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 2048
 * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
 * Tessellation Hull programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation hull programs: 19521
 * Number of integer constants for tessellation hull programs: 14917
 * Number of boolean constants for tessellation hull programs: 2313
 * Tessellation Domain programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation domain programs: 25353
 * Number of integer constants for tessellation domain programs: 24417
 * Number of boolean constants for tessellation domain programs: 21317
 * Compute programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for compute programs: 18734
 * Number of integer constants for compute programs: 20307
 * Number of boolean constants for compute programs: 14392
 * Supported Shader Profiles: arbfp1 arbvp1 fp20 fp30 fp40 glsl glsl100 glsl110 glsl120 gp4fp gp4gp gp4vp gpu_fp gpu_gp gpu_vp nvgp4 vp30 vp40
 * Texture Compression: yes
   - DXT: yes
   - VTC: yes
   - PVRTC: no
   - ATC: no
   - ETC1: no
   - ETC2: no
   - BC4/BC5: no
   - BC6H/BC7: no
   - ASTC: no
   - Mipmaps for compressed formats: yes
 * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
 * User clip planes: yes
 * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
 * Infinite far plane projection: yes
 * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
 * Floating point textures: yes
 * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
 * 1d textures: yes
 * Volume textures: yes
 * Multiple Render Targets: 8
   - With different bit depths: yes
 * Point Sprites: yes
 * Hardware Gamma: yes
 * Extended point parameters: yes
 * Max Point Size: 2047
 * Vertex texture fetch: yes
 * Number of texture units: 16
 * Number of vertex attributes: 16
 * Stencil buffer depth: 8
 * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
   - Max vertex textures: 32
   - Vertex textures shared: yes
 * Render to Vertex Buffer : yes
 * Hardware Atomic Counters: no
 * PBuffer support: yes
 * Vertex Array Objects: no
 * Separate shader objects: no
 * GLSL SSO redeclare interface block: no
 * Debugging/ profiling events: no
 * Map buffer storage: yes
DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread 7f925eb0fec0.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f924e9b8700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f924c892700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f923e312700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f923db11700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f923cb0f700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7f923d310700 starting.
Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
Creating resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
Added resource location 'Resources/Models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalPermanentMeshGroup'
Added resource location 'Resources/Fonts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalPermanentMeshGroup'
Initialising resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
Parsing scripts for resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
Parsing script Grid.material
Parsing script Axis.material
Parsing script BoneMesh.material
Finished parsing scripts for resource group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
Creating resources for group InternalPermanentMeshGroup
All done
Creating resource group InternalMeshGroup
Texture: Grid.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
Texture: Warning: Loading 1 faces(PF_R5G6B5,8x8x1) with 3 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_R5G6B5,8x8x1.

** (OgreMeshy:2924): WARNING **: invalid source position for vertical gradient

Destroying resource group General
Unloading resource group General
Finished unloading resource group General
Creating resource group GUI
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/gui' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'GUI'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/gui/fonts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'GUI'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/gui/schemas' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'GUI'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/materials/RTShaderLib' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/materials/RTShaderLib/materials' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/materials/scripts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/materials/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/particles' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Creating resource group Music
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/music' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Music'
Creating resource group Sound
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/sounds' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Sound'
Parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
Creating resources for group Autodetect
All done
Parsing scripts for resource group GUI
Finished parsing scripts for resource group GUI
Creating resources for group GUI
All done
Parsing scripts for resource group Internal
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal
Creating resources for group Internal
All done
Parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
Parsing script DualQuaternionSkinning_Shadow.material
Destroying resource group InternalMeshGroup
Unloading resource group InternalMeshGroup
Finished unloading resource group InternalMeshGroup
Creating resource group InternalMeshGroup
Added resource location '/home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'InternalMeshGroup'
Parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
Finished parsing scripts for resource group InternalMeshGroup
Creating resources for group InternalMeshGroup
All done
Parsing scripts for resource group Music
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Music
Creating resources for group Music
All done
Parsing scripts for resource group Sound
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Sound
Creating resources for group Sound
All done
Mesh: Loading Adventurer.mesh.
Skeleton: Loading Adventurer.skeleton
Warning: Adventurer.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
Can't assign material Adventurer to SubEntity of MeshEntity because this Material does not exist in group InternalMeshGroup. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?

What does it mean :

Can't assign material Adventurer to SubEntity of MeshEntity because this Material does not exist in group InternalMeshGroup. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
???

This material is in /home/tom/Opendungeons_github/OpenDungeonshalfing/materials/scripts/Adventurer.material and is pointed by resource.cfg ...
No idea what it could be ...

EDIT: to be clear : it does not break the application , rather I get one black shape without shading at all on the screen.
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

just noticed that you are on Ogre 1.10. Setting OGRE_NODE_STORAGE_LEGACY=1 in CMake should help.

Note that this will not work in 1.11 anymore - Meshy will have to be updated instead.
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

just noticed that you are on Ogre 1.10. Setting OGRE_NODE_STORAGE_LEGACY=1 in CMake should help.
You mean that variable should be set for Ogre3d library or OgreMeshy ?
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

for Ogre3d:
OGRE_RESOURCEMANAGER_STRICT=FALSE
OGRE_NODE_STORAGE_LEGACY=TRUE
Vido
Halfling

Post by Vido »

Can we have more detailed instruction on how to compile Ogre Meshy for non developer users ? Im on ubuntu 16.04 and I tried prebuild package for 14.04 and it does not work on 16.04 so I mast compile it on my own.

Edit: Instructions sad:

You'll need dev OGRE installed in your system
Does Ogre meshy work with ogre 1.11 or do I need 1.9 ? And how I can download 1.9 ?

Edit2: I just found that there are libogre1.9.0v5 in repo for ubuntu 16.04 so I instaled them and according to instructions I need to run ./copyresources.sh but when I do nothing is copied ?

./copyresources.sh
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Fonts’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Models’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Icons’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Icons/32x32’: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/RTShaderLib’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create directory '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Icons': No such file or directory
cp: target '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Fonts' is not a directory
cp: target '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Models' is not a directory
cp: target '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/RTShaderLib' is not a directory
cp: cannot create regular file '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Models': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '../../bin/Release_Linux/Resources/Models': No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘../../bin/Release_Linux/Plugins’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '../../bin/Release_Linux/': Not a directory
cp: cannot create regular file '../../bin/Release_Linux/': Not a directory