SkyX 0.4 [0.4 version released - Over-cloud rendering!]

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Re: SkyX 0.4 [0.4 version released - Over-cloud rendering!]

Post by Mind Calamity »

drwbns wrote:I can't remember, but was it not possible to go through the cloud layer before?
Yep.

@Xavyiy, what are your plans for the future of this project ?
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

@Xavyiy, what are your plans for the future of this project ?
There are still a lot of things to enhance: rewrite the layered clouds system, a new and more eye-candy starfield system, maybe aurorae support, etc.

But I will be working on that one time I'll have finished Hydrax 2.0 (commercial version).

Btw, here are some new images of Hydrax:
ImageImageImage

Xavier
James Proctor
Orc

Post by James Proctor »

Awesome job on Hydrax and SkyX! They are really taking my engine to the next level.

I'm however stumped on how to get the lighting for the sun and moon correctly moving.

It seems like during the day according to SkyX the Light that I have for the sun is Dark like it's night time and during the night it's bright like it's day time. I've tried different ways to get them correctly synced and nothing seems to be working.

Here is my update function:

Code: Select all

void StateA::update(Ogre::Real deltaTimeSecs)
{
	// We don't want to risk a segfault!
    if (!mSkyX)
        return;

Ogre::SceneManager* sceneManager = sceneMgr;

Ogre::Vector3 lightDir = mSkyX->getController()->getSunDirection();
	Ogre::Vector3 moonDir = mSkyX->getController()->getMoonDirection();

// Calculate current colour gradient point
    float point = (-lightDir.y + 1.0f) / 2.0f;

//lightDir = (lightDir);

cout << sun->getDirection() << "\n";

// Sun and ambient colours
    Ogre::ColourValue sunCol = vectorToColour(
        mSkyX->getVCloudsManager()->getSunGradient().getColor(point));

Ogre::ColourValue ambCol = vectorToColour(
        mSkyX->getVCloudsManager()->getAmbientGradient().getColor(point));

// Minimum ambient light
    Ogre::ColourValue minAmbientLight(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.2f);

// Sun multipliers
    Ogre::ColourValue sunSpecularMult(0.9f, 0.9f, 0.9f);
    Ogre::ColourValue sunDiffuseMult(0.8f, 0.8f, 0.7f);
    Ogre::ColourValue sunAmbientMult(0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f);

// Moon multipliers
    Ogre::ColourValue moonCol = Ogre::ColourValue::White;
    Ogre::ColourValue moonSpecularMult = Ogre::ColourValue::White;
    Ogre::ColourValue moonDiffuseMult(0.3f, 0.3f, 0.4f);
    Ogre::ColourValue moonAmbientMult(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.3f);

// Set sun direction and colours
    sun->setDirection(lightDir);
    sun->setSpecularColour(ambCol * sunSpecularMult);
    sun->setDiffuseColour(sunCol * sunDiffuseMult);

// Set moon direction and colours
    moon->setDirection(moonDir);
    moon->setSpecularColour(moonCol * moonSpecularMult);
    moon->setDiffuseColour(moonCol * moonDiffuseMult);

// Manage ambient light
    Ogre::ColourValue ambient = Ogre::ColourValue::Black
        + sun->getDiffuseColour() * sunAmbientMult
		+ moon->getDiffuseColour() * moonAmbientMult;
    ambient.r = std::max(ambient.r, minAmbientLight.r);
    ambient.g = std::max(ambient.g, minAmbientLight.g);
    ambient.b = std::max(ambient.b, minAmbientLight.b);
    ambient.a = std::max(ambient.a, minAmbientLight.a);
    sceneManager->setAmbientLight(ambient);
	sceneManager->setShadowColour(ambient);

// Update sky simulation
    mSkyX->update(deltaTimeSecs);
}

Then I use the following to start up SkyX:

mBasicController = new SkyX::BasicController();	
	mSkyX = new SkyX::SkyX(sceneMgr, mBasicController);	
	mSkyX->create();	

//this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(17.16f, 7.5f, 20.5f), 0, 0, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(9.77501f, 10.2963f, 0.01f, 0.0017f, 0.000675f, 30, Ogre::Vector3(0.57f, 0.54f, 0.44f), -0.991f, 2.5f, 4), false));
	//this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(8.85f, 7.5f, 20.5f),  -0.08f, 0, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(9.77501f, 10.2963f, 0.01f, 0.0022f, 0.000675f, 30, Ogre::Vector3(0.57f, 0.52f, 0.44f), -0.991f, 3, 4), false, true, 300, false, Ogre::Radian(270), Ogre::Vector3(0.63f,0.63f,0.7f), Ogre::Vector4(0.35, 0.2, 0.92, 0.1), Ogre::Vector4(0.4, 0.7, 0, 0), Ogre::Vector2(0.8,1)));
	//this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(12.23, 7.5f, 20.5f),  0, 0, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(9.77501f, 10.2963f, 0.01f, 0.00545f, 0.000375f, 30, Ogre::Vector3(0.55f, 0.54f, 0.52f), -0.991f, 1, 4), false, true, 300, false, Ogre::Radian(0), Ogre::Vector3(0.63f,0.63f,0.7f), Ogre::Vector4(0.25, 0.4, 0.5, 0.1), Ogre::Vector4(0.45, 0.3, 0.6, 0.1), Ogre::Vector2(1,1), true, 0.5, Ogre::Vector3(1,0.976,0.92), 2));
	//this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(10.23, 7.5f, 20.5f),  0, 0, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(9.77501f, 10.2963f, 0.01f, 0.00545f, 0.000375f, 30, Ogre::Vector3(0.55f, 0.54f, 0.52f), -0.991f, 0.5, 4), false, true, 300, false, Ogre::Radian(0), Ogre::Vector3(0.63f,0.63f,0.7f), Ogre::Vector4(0, 0.02, 0.34, 0.24), Ogre::Vector4(0.29, 0.3, 0.6, 1), Ogre::Vector2(1,1), true, 0.5, Ogre::Vector3(0.95,1,1), 2));
	this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(7.59f, 7.5f, 20.5f), 0.15, -0.8f, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(9.77501f, 10.2963f, 0.01f, 0.0072f, 0.000925f, 30, Ogre::Vector3(0.71f, 0.59f, 0.53f), -0.997f, 2.5f, 1), true));
	//this->setPreset(SkyXSettings(Ogre::Vector3(21.5f, 7.5, 20.5), 0.03, -0.25, SkyX::AtmosphereManager::Options(), true));

sceneMgr->setShadowTechnique(Ogre::SHADOWTYPE_TEXTURE_MODULATIVE);

sun = sceneMgr->createLight("Sun");
	sun->setType(Ogre::Light::LightTypes::LT_DIRECTIONAL);
	sun->setCastShadows(true);

moon = sceneMgr->createLight("Moon");
	moon->setType(Ogre::Light::LightTypes::LT_DIRECTIONAL);
	moon->setCastShadows(false);
	moon->setDirection(sun->getDirection() * -1);

The setPreset is the exact same as it is in the demos.

Any idea what could be causing the issues?
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/EmpireGames
Follow my Blog on Blogger - http://empiredevelopment.blogspot.com/
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

Awesome job on Hydrax and SkyX! They are really taking my engine to the next level.
Hehe, thanks!
It seems like during the day according to SkyX the Light that I have for the sun is Dark like it's night time and during the night it's bright like it's day time. I've tried different ways to get them correctly synced and nothing seems to be working.
Well, I will need a video because of I don't exactly understand the effects of the problem. Anyway, as far as I remember, getSunDirection() gives you the direction of earth-to-sun, not the direction fo the sun-to-earth. So you've to take this account. sun->setDirection(lightDir); should be sun->setDirection(-lightDir);

---------------

Btw, here is another video of Hydrax 2.0, this time with SSS (sub-surface scattering)!
[youtube]To1gWyz1lm8[/youtube]

Xavier
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

That sure looks awesome, but I guess it comes at a cost :)
Do you have any info about framerate?

Also, I guess that all of it (HydraX & SkyX) is still cross platform, right?
It's a bit hard to search the whole topic for infos, maybe a clean up of the initial post is in order :D
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

Do you have any info about framerate?
Hydrax itself is quite fast now, the geometry and noise update is done in about 2ms, the rest of the time comes from updating the reflection/refraction/depth RTTs which only depends on your own scene.

In these videos, there are a bunch of post-processing effects, including; HDR, FXAA, Sharpen, Chromatic aberration, DOF and true Motion blur (velocity-map based), 16x AA in order to get a very nice effect on vegetation where alpa to coverage is enabled and also cascaded shadow mapping with 4 cascades (that means the same scene is rendered 1(Main)+3(hydrax)+1(DOF&MotionBlur)+4(Shadows)=9 times per frame!)

In my laptop (Nvidia 640M), I get about 25 fps under OGL and 30 in DX9. I've still to multithread Hydrax, but the 98% of the time frame doesn't come from CPU but from GPU operations. It's the cost that "next-gen" scenes have. :roll:

And yes, SkyX and Hydrax are still multi-platform. But Hydrax is commercial now (btw all people which have/will donated to SkyX before official Hydrax 2.0 launch will receive a hobbyist license for free).

Xavier
Last edited by Xavyiy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Sounds fine. And you can always fine-tune it for specific cases where you don't need all of it :)

I have to say, though, that the sky in your HydraX videos seems far too bright, like someone went crazy with the Bloom.
It's basically one white blob, or at least comes across like that (in the HydraX videos). A normal, blue sky would look better, IMO.
James Proctor
Orc

Post by James Proctor »

Xavyiy wrote:
Hehe, thanks!
Well, I will need a video because of I don't exactly understand the effects of the problem. Anyway, as far as I remember, getSunDirection() gives you the direction of earth-to-sun, not the direction fo the sun-to-earth. So you've to take this account. sun->setDirection(lightDir); should be sun->setDirection(-lightDir);

---------------

Btw, here is another video of Hydrax 2.0, this time with SSS (sub-surface scattering)!
[youtube]To1gWyz1lm8[/youtube]

Xavier
Here is what night time looks like and Day time is Dark instead of light. Also these were taking AFTER I made the correction to the light direction that you pointed out.
Attachments
Night time with SkyX
Night time with SkyX
SkyX_Nighttime.jpg (158.75 KiB) Viewed 6983 times
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/EmpireGames
Follow my Blog on Blogger - http://empiredevelopment.blogspot.com/
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

There libraries are really cool and I'm thinking about some potential use in the future.
However, all the contexts in which I would use sky and sea would be non-realistic.

I have a question:

Currently, is it possible and easy to have two skies, one up, one down? Same question with seas for hydrax.
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

Here is what night time looks like and Day time is Dark instead of light. Also these were taking AFTER I made the correction to the light direction that you pointed out.
Sorry but I don't know what the problem is. You should debug step by step to find our where the problem is.
Currently, is it possible and easy to have two skies, one up, one down? Same question with seas for hydrax.
Not, it's not possible (it would require some internal changes, a lot of for Hydrax). But.., what do you want to do with two oceans/skies one up and the other down? I'm looking forward to see some concept art! Inception! :P

-------------------

On the other side, after a long jorney working a lot on Hydrax, here we go:
[youtube]ltZDowzw-0Q[/youtube]

Xavier
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Xavyiy wrote:
Not, it's not possible (it would require some internal changes, a lot of for Hydrax). But.., what do you want to do with two oceans/skies one up and the other down? I'm looking forward to see some concept art! Inception! :P
Haha really only some ideas, maybe I'll make a concept art later.
Basically the game I'm making is not at all realistic, it happens in a virtual world (I mean, the game's world is a virtual "fantasy" computer network, not a virtual reality) so I can just slap any kind of background to it and I aready planned to have a over/under sea stage. As there is no up nor down in this game, I was wondering if something totally between skies or between seas would have quite q huge impact... watching your videos reminded me about some old stuffs (games and anime) which had crazy visuals for the time. I didn't smoke anything I swear!

As I don't "need" this, I'm not asking it as a feature. However if I decide in the end to try that I think it would be fair if I try to modify the code myself and send you a patch, as it wouldn't be a generically useful feature. Basically it would require all calculations to happen relative to a "up" vector that would be variable. Not sure what it means in performance terms.

Anyway just keep the good work, your plugins are fantastic.
tomecki
Gnoblar

Over-cloud rendering! - terrain material?

Post by tomecki »

I am under biiiiig impression of SkyX. However I am having a problem to make it work as I want to.
I hope you won't treat that as spamming this thread. Just wanted to get info, what should I do to make my terrain render under the vclouds. What I did is I put SkyX and single Ogre::Terrain chunk in my scene. Currently something is wrong (I guess sorting, or maybe material technique?) so terrain is always rendered even when it should be covered by vclouds, when I run with my camera to high altitude.
Following the examples suplied with SkyX I did:

Ogre::Terrain* pTerrrain = 0;
   // (...)
   // downloading hmap, blendmaps, etc
   // (...)
   Ogre::String name = pTerrain->getMaterialName();
   // checked here the name. it is like OgreTerrain/2241708416 (the number varies each time I run test)
   Ogre::MaterialPtr mat = static_cast<Ogre::MaterialPtr>(Ogre::MaterialManager::getSingleton().getByName(name));
   for(int nt=0; nt<mat->getNumTechniques(); nt++)
   {
      m_pSkyX->getGPUManager()->addGroundPass(mat->getTechnique(nt)->createPass(), 25000, Ogre::SBT_MODULATE);
   }

I use 1.8.1 Ogre, and SkyX 0.4 on 64-bit linux machine.
Maybe you could add some new sample with Ogre::Terrain. Demo1 no longer works with 1.8 as the TerrainSceneManager has been supported until 1.7 only. I realize you have a lot of work, but this could be very helpful for users.
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

Haha really only some ideas, maybe I'll make a concept art later.
Basically the game I'm making is not at all realistic, it happens in a virtual world (I mean, the game's world is a virtual "fantasy" computer network, not a virtual reality) so I can just slap any kind of background to it and I aready planned to have a over/under sea stage. As there is no up nor down in this game, I was wondering if something totally between skies or between seas would have quite q huge impact... watching your videos reminded me about some old stuffs (games and anime) which had crazy visuals for the time. I didn't smoke anything I swear!
Sounds very cool! Indeed, a game immersed in such virtual fantasy environment and with decent gameplay would indeed be very interesting! :)
As I don't "need" this, I'm not asking it as a feature. However if I decide in the end to try that I think it would be fair if I try to modify the code myself and send you a patch, as it wouldn't be a generically useful feature. Basically it would require all calculations to happen relative to a "up" vector that would be variable. Not sure what it means in performance terms.
Yes, more or less you would have that change the local up axis (hardcoded, intrinsic in the maths, but there is a Z-up fork of SkyX 0.3.1, maybe that could help you). Also, you'll have to deal with renaming internal resources created by SkyX and Hydrax since at the moment two SkyX or Hydrax instances would have due to duplicated resource names. A more advanced solution like supporting two skies with the same SkyX object will require some deep structural changes, specailly for Hydrax.
Anyway just keep the good work, your plugins are fantastic.
Thanks! :)
Just wanted to get info, what should I do to make my terrain render under the vclouds.
Check SkyX::setRenderQueueGroups. Btw, if you don't want scattering effect in the terrain you can remove the addGroundPass stuff.

-----------------------------

In the last weeks a lot of people has contacted me via PM or email requesting help for SkyX (and Hydrax). Due to my lack of free time (I just can't spend one hour writing emails if I just have two hours of free time), I've to prioritize my time, so I reply first to donators and then to everyone else asking for help here at forums. What I want to say is that sometimes it'll take me multiple days before replying you, but that doesn't mean I'll not do it!

Xavier
tomecki
Gnoblar

Post by tomecki »

Xavyiy wrote:
Just wanted to get info, what should I do to make my terrain render under the vclouds.
Check SkyX::setRenderQueueGroups. Btw, if you don't want scattering effect in the terrain you can remove the addGroundPass stuff.

Xavier
:) Thank you. That helped a lot.
Zodiacl
Gnoblar

Post by Zodiacl »

I became interested in SkyX so I thought I'd try it. I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I get the error "OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Cannot find a group named SkyX in ResourceGroupManager::isResourceGroupInitialised at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceManager.cpp (line 1900)" when the client is starting. I googled around to find a solution and I've found a bunch of people with the same problems but no one told them how to fix the problem. I was wondering if someone could help me with it, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

I tried adding adding this

FileSystem=C:\Users\Zodiac\Desktop\OGRE_Engine\SkyX\SkyXCommon\Bin\
FileSystem=C:\Users\Zodiac\Desktop\OGRE_Engine\SkyX\SkyXCommon\Bin\Media
FileSystem=C:\Users\Zodiac\Desktop\OGRE_Engine\SkyX\SkyXCommon\Bin\Media\packs
FileSystem=C:\Users\Zodiac\Desktop\OGRE_Engine\SkyX\SkyXCommon\Bin\Media\SkyX
FileSystem=C:\Users\Zodiac\Desktop\OGRE_Engine\SkyX\SkyXCommon\Bin\Media\Terrain
To resources_d.cfg but it didn't help.
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

@Zodiacl
Your .cfg should look like:

# Resource locations to be added to the 'boostrap' path
# This also contains the minimum you need to use the Ogre example framework
[Bootstrap]
Zip=../../Media/packs/OgreCore.zip

# Resource locations to be added to the default path
[General]
FileSystem=../../Media
FileSystem=../../Media/materials/programs
FileSystem=../../Media/materials/scripts
FileSystem=../../Media/materials/textures
FileSystem=../../Media/models
Zip=../../Media/packs/SkyBoxes.zip

[Hydrax] # Needed!!! (Hydrax uses resources from the 'Hydrax' resource group)
FileSystem=../../Media/Hydrax
--------------------------

New video!
[youtube]S_pQhWJ7iPY[/youtube]

Xavier
TWO
Halfling

Post by TWO »

The last video is just breathtaking! Stunning work, good job.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

That looks photoshopped..! :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

I hope that will not scare away artists because they think their assets can not keep up with that level of quality :shock:

Though not fully serious, that does seem to be a problem. Let me explain:

The quality of the water is really great.
Now if I was an indie and wanted to use SkyX + HydraX or the Paradise Engine, I'd have a great quality water. And I mean AAA like quality.
However, all my other assets would have to meet that level of quality. Which will be expensive. Or I accept that there will be a visible break in the visual quality of the different parts of the game.

So, as crazy as it sounds, I hope there are possibilities to "turn down" the quality a bit, or to introduce a more stylized look (maybe a bit cartoonish, or something).
I hope you get what I mean :)
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

TheSHEEEP wrote:I hope that will not scare away artists because they think their assets can not keep up with that level of quality :shock:

Though not fully serious, that does seem to be a problem. Let me explain:

The quality of the water is really great.
Now if I was an indie and wanted to use SkyX + HydraX or the Paradise Engine, I'd have a great quality water. And I mean AAA like quality.
However, all my other assets would have to meet that level of quality. Which will be expensive. Or I accept that there will be a visible break in the visual quality of the different parts of the game.

So, as crazy as it sounds, I hope there are possibilities to "turn down" the quality a bit, or to introduce a more stylized look (maybe a bit cartoonish, or something).
I hope you get what I mean :)
would be interesting to see if it could do cartoon type of look
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

@TWO @jacmoe
Thanks!

@TheSHEEEP @Zonder
Hehe, that means I'm doing things right :P

Don't worry about the too high quality of the water, I can ensure you that tweaking some parameters you can get a really ugly water :P

------------------------
This is paradoxical since some days ago I have taken a very important decision which changes the course of Paradise Engine and very probably the next two years of my life. I will not release more information about the future of the engine during the following 6-8 months, all I can say is that it's not going to target indie development or video game development, but it requires an high degree of realism in environmental elements.

Hydrax 2.0 will become available during the Summer, licensing will go from 60€ for hobbyist/indie games, to 300€, 600€ and 2000€ for medium/big companies, simulators and game engines, respectively (royalty-free), with update access for 9 months. A hobbyist/indie license will be given for free to all SkyX donors.

Xavier
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Xavyiy wrote:Hydrax 2.0 will become available during the Summer, licensing will go from 60€ for hobbyist/indie games, to 300€, 600€ and 2000€ for medium/big companies, simulators and game engines, respectively (royalty-free), with update access for 9 months. A hobbyist/indie license will be given for free to all SkyX donors.

Xavier
Whew, that's a very reasonable price. :)

By game engines you mean engines that use Hydrax and are licensed to third-party developers (first party being the developers of the engine) ? That wouldn't apply to in-house engines, right ? (Probably so, but worth to check.)
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
Xavyiy
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Xavyiy »

Mind Calamity wrote:Whew, that's a very reasonable price.

By game engines you mean engines that use Hydrax and are licensed to third-party developers (first party being the developers of the engine) ? That wouldn't apply to in-house engines, right ? (Probably so, but worth to check.)
Yes, of course, by "engines" I mean licensed to third-party developers. So for a home-made engine which is only used to create custom games/apps the price would be 60€ (little teams), 300€ (middle/big companies), or 600€ in the case it's a naval/aerial simulator. In any case, for third-party licensed software the price will be 2000€, included simulators. All this will be carefully explained when the time comes and Hydrax 2.0 will see the world.

My idea is not to make money from the community, 60€ is a symbolic price for the time I've been working on Hydrax, but instead having some monetary incoming from companies, not particulars, in order to invest these revenues in my upcoming company: Paradise Studios.

Xavier
Thoran
Halfling

Post by Thoran »

Hi all,

I have a short question concerning the SkyX system. Is it correct to assume that cloud layers are an alternative to using the volume clouds of SkyX? So I only need to setup the cloud layers or only the volume cloud manager and its VCloud data structure, right? There is no sense in combining them both simultaneously?

Edit: Another question on Hydrax would be if Hydrax can generally be used to render rivers instead of ocean?

Thanks inadvance,
Thoran
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Thoran wrote:Another question on Hydrax would be if Hydrax can generally be used to render rivers instead of ocean?
Would be interested in that, too.