At the moment we have a real car in a squared room with multiple beamers on each side. From the car's signals, a real time computer is calculating position and orientation of the car in the world. Also we calculate positions of other cars (traffic) and things like traffic lights. These data are transmitteted via UDP broadcast to a few visualisation computers. Each computer is running the ogre based visualisation program for one or two beamers.
In future we'll move to a curved screen with multiple beamers. But we still have some Problems with the FOV setup for this. Homepage: http://www.imech.de
- Of course we use ogre 1.9.0 from my builds.
- I'm using DX9 until everything is also working with DX11 and we have new DX11 graphic cards.
- The network interface is build with boost asio and is a multithreaded UDP listener.
- OgreProcedural is used to create the tracks until we find a better solution.
- Ogitor is used for creating scenarios.
- OgreAssimp is used to convert collada object to ogre meshs.
- We're using 3dsmax and blender3d for example to create a road crossing.