Aggressors - Turn based strategy

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Re: Aggressors - Turn based strategy

Post by Zonder »

Looking good

You defiantly need some better art work on the models. I would lose the mushroom type tree.

I am impressed how much you have done on your own I suggest putting a recruitment add up to get some more help :)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
NeOmega
Halfling

Post by NeOmega »

The mountains look better. Are buildings etc going to be shaded?
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

NeOmega wrote:Are buildings etc going to be shaded?
Hi NeOmega,
I would like to do that but problem is lack of time. There are other things to be sorted out. What is usual performance impact to add shading?
Zonder wrote:You defiantly need some better art work on the models.
Hi Zonder,
I would like to make models better, ideally with animations. Hopefully this will happen:)
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi,
it is becoming clear to me that the game would need a better 3D models with animations and possibly Ogre professional who would polish the look and feel of the game and the performance.

I start thinking about cooperation with someone who would get a share in the project and help me finishing it in these two areas, possibly in other areas like internet play and AI.

Would there be someone interested in this?
If so, please send me a message or add reply to this thread.

Just for fun, I add recent screenshot
and the same one in HD resolution http://media.indiedb.com/images/games/1 ... _51_34.png
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi,
because there were some people interested in the project, I attach some screenshots from the latest version. Not ready yet, but it is getting closer and closer to release :wink:

If you want to see more screenshots, here are few links
http://aggressors-game.com/
indiedb.com/games/aggressors
https://www.facebook.com/Aggressorsgame
Germanunkol
Halfling

Post by Germanunkol »

Wow, very impressive work - I hadn't seen this before. Keep it up!

I think the graphics have improved a lot from the first screens which you've posted.
I like the modding support.

I'm a great fan of the Total War Series AND Civilization, both of which seem to have influenced this... ?
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi Germanunkol,
thank you very much.
Germanunkol wrote:I'm a great fan of the Total War Series AND Civilization, both of which seem to have influenced this... ?
Civilization might be considered as a closest "relative" to this game and also Colonization has some similar characteristics, however there are many things done differently or "missing" in those two games entirely (like birth rate control, extensive diplomacy, sophisticated trade, etc.
Aggressors focuses also more on tactics and resource management and the "feeling" from the game, when you play it, is very different.
loath
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by loath »

your project is looking really good. amazing work!
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Thank you very much loath:)
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Few screenshots of new UI.

What do you think about it?
Thank you for feedback
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

Much better. It's a far cleaner appearance to the eye and a consistent theme. There's something about the top-left widget (the circular icons to the left of the square icons) that doesn't look right though.
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi Areay,
thank you for replying.
areay wrote:Much better. It's a far cleaner appearance to the eye and a consistent theme. There's something about the top-left widget (the circular icons to the left of the square icons) that doesn't look right though.
You dont like how it looks like or that these square and circular icons are next to each other?
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

The overall theme is very good and matches the game type nicely. I think I know what areay means about the square items next to round.

But I was looking at the general balance of the ui and I think those stats items should possibly in the centre of the screen and the same goes for the bottom set of icons. (This probably comes from me playing too many MMOs though)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

I will discuss it with the UI designer. Thank you for the feedback guys
Herb
Orc

Post by Herb »

It's looking great! I love turn based strategies, so it's good to see one being developed. :) I think I've spent more of my life playing the civilization game series than all other games combined. :lol:

As for the UI, I've liked how civilization 5 has done their UI if you want another reference design to look at. One thing in particular is the buttons that will roll out more menus, so not all of them need to be visible at once. It's tricky in these games to keep the UI simple as there's a lot of details, but maybe some simplification and grouping would add some more polish to it. Maybe even some buttons that would scroll out additional menus for less used items. Just some thoughts, but I do really enjoy seeing your updates on this!
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi Herb,
thank you very much. It actually already works this way. Only currently relevant buttons are displayed. Those ones, which are from obvious reasons not possible to do (for example repairing bridge when there is no bridge) are not displayed. However there are some unit moves displayed that are disabled. That is because of player can see in tooltip what prevents him from executing the move (for example building bridge when he doesn't have enough money. The tooltip says that he doesnt have enough money and tells him how much is needed).
Thyrion
Goblin

Post by Thyrion »

Herb wrote: I think I've spent more of my life playing the civilization game series than all other games combined. :lol:
just watched at my Civ V playtime: 714h O.o
loath
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by loath »

really love the new look.

what sort of shadows are you using? (are the boat shadows different than the signs, trees, and such?)

how large are the ogre terrains that you're using?
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi loath,
loath wrote:what sort of shadows are you using? (are the boat shadows different than the signs, trees, and such?)
well those are actually not real shadows. It is a transparent texture. I wanted to add real shadows there, but from more reasons it didnt really work correctly.
loath wrote:how large are the ogre terrains that you're using?
Not sure what do you mean by this? The terrain itself is a set of manual objects. Each tile is 9x9 vertices.
loath
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by loath »

oh i thought you were using Ogre::Terrain. that makes sense.

gotcha -- i actually like the "transparent shadow" and was wondering how you did that. :)
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by Slappy »

loath wrote:really love the new look.

what sort of shadows are you using? (are the boat shadows different than the signs, trees, and such?)

how large are the ogre terrains that you're using?
This game looks awesome! I especially like terrain and the "feeling" from this game is exciting!

It really reminds me some mix of Civ and old-style RTS games back in those good old game days (circa 2000-2005 :)

Keep up the good work!
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi Slappy,
thank you very much. I hope that the game will be accepted the same way by players once it is released. We intend to release the game in 1Q or at the latest in 2Q 2016 (so far just for Windows).

We will also release some teasers, so once they are ready, I will add it here as well.
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi everyone,
for those who are interested in the game, here are few new screenshots. The release is (and this is probably no a big surprise for most of the games) postponed a bit, but it is still moving forward as quickly as possible:)

kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi,
we just wanted to keep you updated. We are running series of user tests and it looks really good! They rock the Ancient world! :D

follow us on:
Twitter https://twitter.com/kubatsoftware
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Aggressorsgame/
our website http://aggressors-game.com/
kubatp
Gnome

Post by kubatp »

Hi guys,
we have gone through the last iteration of the terrain look. This is the result (output of our map generator):