Oculus-Cinema

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
EvilTwin
Gnoblar

Oculus-Cinema

Post by EvilTwin »

As part of my Diploma-Thesis at Fraunhofer IIS I'm working on a simulation of a few environments to do listening-tests.
For the audio part I am using an in-house tool, that can simulate the sound of any room. Like you probably guessed my 3D-Enige of choice is Ogre3D.
Its pretty amazing what you can do with it and Gui3D. I knew nothing about it, but had a prototype in like 2 Weeks.
But since I have/had lots of other stuff on my list and I didn't want dive into this whole shader/glsl/dynamic lighting-stuff, I'm pretty much using only basic diffuse textures with baked lightmaps from blender.
The model in the Picture is basically the private Cinema at the Fraunhofer IIS. Models and Textures were also done as part of my thesis (btw: I'm an electrical engineer with focus on communication engineering -> system-theorie and stuff, thats why ended up at Fraunhofer :D )
I cleared the Cinema-screen for the screenshots, but usually the listeningtest is printed on there (Instructions, Play/Pause, Star-Rating and so on)

At last I want to say: a big THANK YOU to all the Developers of Ogre3D, Gui3D, Gorilla and the Blender Exporter for providing these awesome tools.
Any feedback?
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Re: Oculus-Cinema

Post by cybereality »

Looking good, man!
Thyrion
Goblin

Post by Thyrion »

where's the ogre3d,gui3d,gorilla part? just see a blender model (btw nice model) :?
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Thyrion wrote:where's the ogre3d,gui3d,gorilla part? just see a blender model (btw nice model) :?
The ogre3d part looks like the first 7 screenshots. No UI there, but I assume he is experimenting with it.

By the way, the assets look great. I'm envious of everyone working with occulus right now ... I'd love to do so. Keep it up!
EvilTwin
Gnoblar

Post by EvilTwin »

Thyrion wrote:where's the ogre3d,gui3d,gorilla part? just see a blender model (btw nice model) :?
the first 7 screenshots are showing ogre rendering the model
and i will post some screens showing the ui tomorrow ;)

c6burns wrote:No UI there, but I assume he is experimenting with it.
I deactivated it for the screenshots because i wasnt sure if i can show it in public, but it seems to be okay... so:

The layout isnt perfekt, yet. And sadly everything has to be this huge so you can still read it waring the low-res oculus dev-kit =(
c6burns wrote:By the way, the assets look great. I'm envious of everyone working with occulus right now ... I'd love to do so. Keep it up!
Thx :) Defenitly is a lot of fun to work with the dev-kit
EvilTwin
Gnoblar

Post by EvilTwin »

here it is

Texts and layout are still WIP ;)