[2.1] Hlms editor

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Re: [2.1] Hlms editor

Post by spookyboo »

Yes, totally missed it
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Update:
:arrow: Added properties of detailmap (scale, offset).
:arrow: Project files are supported (,hlmp). Material browser- and Texture browser settings can be stored as one project, which makes it possible to group materials (eg. per scene).
:arrow: Added plugin support for import and export. One example is included in https://github.com/spookyboo/JsonExportPlugin. Plugin support still needs some changes (eg. on the import side), but the Json Export plugin makes it possible to save all materials of a project as one json file (and it is a good starting point for creating your own plugins).
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

I wasn't able to export all materials from the material browser until I renamed the name of each hlms pbs. Sounds obviously, but in the material browser it uses the json file name as the material name.
The save project option is NEAT :D

Which mesh format are you using ? I'am trying to use a custom mesh but no luck so far.

Why metalness have a default value of 0.818 ?

Would be possible to add a PAN function in the node editor? I often have to reload the material because I can't reach the top of the block to move it.

And the material browser always close when I open a material.

In the actual state, this editor is already amazing. I can see a bright future for it!
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

GlowingPotato wrote: Would be possible to add a PAN function in the node editor? I often have to reload the material because I can't reach the top of the block to move it.
+1 :D
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Would be possible to add a PAN function in the node editor? I often have to reload the material because I can't reach the top of the block to move it.
I will take a look. You can use the scrollwheel to zoom out and use a rubberbanselection to move all nodes (select all nodes at once and use CTRL + left mouse button to move all the nodes)
There are definitely some usability improvements to do.
The meshes I use are old Ogre meshes. I use one of the sample applications to load a V1 mesh and save it to V2.
Why metalness have a default value of 0.818 ?
I think it it the default value Ogre uses
And the material browser always close when I open a material.
Otherwise the screen became to cluttered. I can make it modeless if more people feel the same
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

Thanks for the panning implementation!
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

It would be really cool ..., and then allow you to zip them all in to a single texture pack
I've added an export plugin to the binaries that creates a zip file from the materials in your material browser (named <myProject>.zip). The zip includes a combined json file of the materials and includes (only) the texture files that are associated with these materials. However, it does not support automatic compression to BCn format (still searching for a c++ library that does this)
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

I have been looking at intel's toolset recently;
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... rks-plugin

It look really good and source can be found here;
https://github.com/GameTechDev/Intel-Te ... rks-Plugin

I am sure it references what libs it uses somewhere!!
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

spookyboo wrote:
It would be really cool ..., and then allow you to zip them all in to a single texture pack
I've added an export plugin to the binaries that creates a zip file from the materials in your material browser (named <myProject>.zip). The zip includes a combined json file of the materials and includes (only) the texture files that are associated with these materials. However, it does not support automatic compression to BCn format (still searching for a c++ library that does this)
Forgot to mention.... awesome work :D !
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

Hey, would be possible to preview different types of extensions? Selecting a TGA texture wont generate a thumbnail preview.

I'am testing the last binaries and it does look gorgeous.
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Selecting a TGA texture wont generate a thumbnail preview
Yes, I also noted that some TGA files are not displayed. It seems that the standard TGA support in Qt is not 100% and you need the KDE tga plugin instead.
Thyrion
Goblin

Post by Thyrion »

how can i make a transparent unlit material? :)
A blendblock with checked transparent, doesn't work (in the Editor).

a simple material file e.g. works (not JSON):

Code: Select all

hlms HlmsUnlit1 unlit
{
	diffuse_map				TestTransparentImg.png	
	scene_blend			alpha_blend
}
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

From the manual:
alpha_blend
The alpha value of the rendering output is used as a mask. Equivalent to ’scene_blend src_alpha one_minus_src_alpha’
This results in the HLMS editor in blendblock settings:

Source blend factor = Source alpha
Destination blend factor = One minus source alpha
The other values can be left to default.
The 'transparent' value doesn't seem to do anything in unlit (but it is a property of blendblock). Maybe it should be removed or maybe it should set the Source blend factor and Destination blend factor to the proper values.

<edit>The transparent property in blendblock is a calculated value, so you shouldn't set it. Must be removed or must change the other settings (for convenience) </edit>
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

I was playing with the editor and now it won't open anymore.

10:30:14: OGRE EXCEPTION(1:InvalidStateException): Using custom compositor passes but no provider is set in CompositorTargetDef::addPass at C:\Users\Henry\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\ogre\OgreMain\src\Compositor\Pass\OgreCompositorPassDef.cpp (line 94)
10:30:14: Compiler error: invalid parameters in client.compositor(73)

This happens whenever I plug something in detail map. Then, changing the values in the detail section won't have any effect. Then i close the Editor and it won't open again.
Just reporting...
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Not sure what the reason is for this error (it is caused by Ogre itself and not the editor). The only way to solve it is to remove the path that refers to the textre from the resources.cfg and restart the editor again.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

That exception can only happen if a compositor script being parsed is a custom one e.g.

pass custom
{
}
and no provider was registered in C++ side via CompositorManager2::setCompositorPassProvider; as Ogre doesn't know how to create one. A workaround would be to move that script to prevent from being parsed.

To spookeyboo: If the Hlms editor allows parsing arbitrary resources, one simple way to work around this problem would be to register a dummy CompositorPassProvider that creates custom passes that do nothing.
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

@dark_sylinc: I will take a look, thanks. While creating materials in the editor it automatically adds resource paths, but if this resource path contains rubbish the application fails when restarted :(
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Custom compositor passes exception Fixed in source and Fixed in binaries
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

@spooky_boo

Awesome!!!!

Would be possible to use the same texture sampler for different textures? I know when exporting, if all textures use the same settings in texture sampler, only one will be written, but inside the edit, still need to set a diferente one for each texture.

Another request, would be possible to rotate the directional light inside the render viewport?

Can you elaborate a bit, on how to put a custom mesh inside the editor?
I'am having trouble since I can't export a mesh with the exact same setting you are using.

When setting a UV set to use, the object becomes white, so I would like to export a mesh with multiples UVsets to test.

Thanks a lot!
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Created a windows installer for convience (see also my signature): https://github.com/spookyboo/HLMSEditor ... e?raw=true

@GlowingPotato: I missed your latest post. I will look into it.
Primitive method is to add the name of your model in bin/models.cfg, followed by 3 numbers that represent the scale. The mesh (model) must be put in the common/ogre3 directory
No sophisticated import method yet.
GlowingPotato
Goblin

Post by GlowingPotato »

spookyboo wrote:Created a windows installer for convience (see also my signature): https://github.com/spookyboo/HLMSEditor ... e?raw=true

@GlowingPotato: I missed your latest post. I will look into it.
Primitive method is to add the name of your model in bin/models.cfg, followed by 3 numbers that represent the scale. The mesh (model) must be put in the common/ogre3 directory
No sophisticated import method yet.

Ok, but what serializer are you using to export? I'am using maya and can only export V1 meshes. I can convert using the mesh upgrade tool. But when I set it to V2 and export, the editor crash.
Looks like the V2 from the mesh upgrade tool is not the same V2 you are using.

Thanks.
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

In fact, I used the one of the sample applications to load the V1 models and saved them to V2
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

Updated the editor with the option to load both V1 and V2 meshes.
V1 meshes are automatically converted to V2 format when loading, with the option to save them to disk.
Other formats are not supported, but I will look into it when time permits (and when I feel like it).

Grab the Windows installer on https://github.com/spookyboo/HLMSEditor ... e?raw=true
bvanevery
Goblin

Post by bvanevery »

I can't get HLMSEditor to recognize my Ogre SDK directory. I built Ogre 2.1 using out-of-source /build directories but otherwise going with their default installation sensibilities. My Ogre 2.1 source code lives in C:\Users\BVANEVRY\devel\ogre and my installed SDK output lives in C:\Users\BVANEVRY\devel\build\ogre\sdk . When running CMake 3.6.0 I try setting OGRE_DIR to C:\Users\BVANEVRY\devel\build\ogre\sdk . It doesn't like it. It wipes out the value of OGRE_DIR, setting it to OGRE_DIR-NOTFOUND, and spews the following error messages. What gives?
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:57 (find_package):
By not providing "FindOGRE.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "OGRE", but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "OGRE" with any of
the following names:

OGREConfig.cmake
ogre-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "OGRE" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"OGRE_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If "OGRE"
provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
installed.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/BVANEVRY/devel/build/HLMSEditor/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
spookyboo
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by spookyboo »

CMake was a contribution of user OgreTransporter (http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/memberlist ... le&u=39857)