Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Gaiha
Gnoblar

Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

Post by Gaiha »

Hey Everyone!

Gawd, I am so impressed... with nothing more than just my loading screen, and a a few directional lights with a shader, I somehow managed to do this without making everything blow up! You OGRE Dev Guys Rock! If I could give KUDO's to every single one of you, I would... My Ogre Build has a few glitches, but I am sure I will sort them out once I get the Game Engine installed. Very KEWL, hope everyone enjoys these renders. My Avatar Creation Module also has a few glitches still, but seems to be working as well... It will need a few more adjustments before it is right.

I may not be perfect... but parts of me are Excellent!
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

Post by xrgo »

Looking very good!
But I didn't understand what does your app do, its a human generator? a game?
keep it up! :D
Gaiha
Gnoblar

Post by Gaiha »

xrgo wrote:Looking very good!
But I didn't understand what does your app do, its a human generator? a game?
keep it up! :D
Heya!
Thank you, Merci, Gracias, Danke, 고맙습니다 ... My Project is a game suite, to be more precise a MMORPG.
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

It's a bridge between MakeHuman and Ogre. MakeHuman by default has an exporter that can generate a rigged ogre .mesh.xml directly.

Kebec, any plans to release this as a component? :)
Developer @ MakeHuman.org
Gaiha
Gnoblar

Post by Gaiha »

duststorm wrote:It's a bridge between MakeHuman and Ogre. MakeHuman by default has an exporter that can generate a rigged ogre .mesh.xml directly.
Kebec, any plans to release this as a component? :)
Actually, OGRE is doing the work when I took this screen shot. To explain how my loading screen works, would take several pages... but remember the movie; The Matrix? - The Constra... essentially my loading screen is something like that. My "Character Creation" Module imports the MakeHuman model, where you can then add clothes, weapons... pretty much anything your Avatar needs before entering the "Matrix"...
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

mmm....(remembering at progress... )...duststorm...there is this project https://bitbucket.org/ogreaddons/ogremhx
didn't check if its in a working condition
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
Gaiha
Gnoblar

Post by Gaiha »

frostbyte wrote:mmm....(remembering at progress... )...duststorm...there is this project https://bitbucket.org/ogreaddons/ogremhx
didn't check if its in a working condition
KEWL! You guys think of every possibility... I would love to know more... it might help to make my loading screen a little more friendly.
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

smartbody may be of use to you, it has ogre rendrer integration example....http://smartbody.ict.usc.edu/

now about knowing more, you'll have to be more specific...
i can just say that just like the matrix-2( aka "return of the Vector" ) knowlege has a price=takes lots of time and other stuff( coffee etc.. )
problem with ogre- its a bit messy, projects are scattered around and you have to dig a lot in the forums...
other thing is that ogre2.1 is very different from 1.x( in api and in concept ) so lots of projects/code/tutorials/docs needs upgrading/rewriting( you can do it yourself with the help of ogre 2.1 porting guide, or wait hoping for someone else to do it )

anyway a quick welcome tour...( search links yourself... )
ogitor( the unofficial amazing MIT ogre scene editor )
magus- new promising project to help you write your own editor with very little effort( generates code for you... )
mygui/cegui/librocket/navi/gorrila=ogre gui libs( mygui is the best, gorrila is the fastest but basic )
ois=ogres unofficial input lib- used in samples - being replaced by sdl2
particle-universe( aka PU )= alternative particle system with node editor
ogreProcedural= create and combine procedural geometric meshes
btOgre/ogreBullet/nxOgre= physics binding to ogre
moc/new moc= minimal ogre collision lib
ogreAL/ogreOggSound = openAL bindings
ogre-ffmpeg-videoplayer = video to ogre texture using ffmpeg
smartbody- character animation platform( highly advanced stuff... lgpl ) has ogre integration/renderer samples
technofreak animation system- ogre animation blend trees with a node editor( editor is in c#/ runtime is in c++ )
recast/detour -path findimg lib- has a complete example/integration with ogre in a project named ogreCrowd( hosted in bitbucket-ogre addons repo )
skyx- realistic vulumatric cloud( heavy on cpu/gpu ) and sky system( you'll get lots of kudos if you port this to 2.1 (-: )
hydrax- realistic water/ocean rendering( reflection/sun/underwater etc... ) also needs porting to 2.1
caleum- lightweight weather/time/athmospere/star system( rely's on real data )

ogre/ogre addons/ogitor snapshots - kindly maintained by transporter( to reduce building time ) http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69274
ogre wiki= tutorial/code sniplets etc
ogre sampe browser - good source of knowlege- but a bit messy for basing your project upon
lot of other libs/stuff...just ask in the forums...we're here (-:
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
Gaiha
Gnoblar

Post by Gaiha »

Okies... my basic layout for the GUI... Keeping it fairly simple to start with... will be adding the widgets and kewl stuff as I progress. So far it doesn't want to crash on me... lolz. The View Screen area will be where OGRE will be doing its work, behind all the widgets. I will be making the Chat Module semi-transparent while the remainder will have solid frames. The "Dialer" will have a Hide-Function as well as the "Quick Bar". The Status Bars will be completely opaque and immovable. Not much to see yet, but the "Dialer" will be basically a multi-function menu (with sub-menus) very similar to the OGRE demo's buttons and will rotate when a particular menu item is chosen to display its sub-menu. The Quick Bar will be designed to be editable by the user with a "Drag & Drop" feature from an editing pop-up. The Quick Bar will also have several accessible sub-menus that basically scroll between each Quick Bar. I am also designing each GUI command with Keyboard Short Cut keys. I will also be adding a "Paper-Doll" to the center of the Dialer showing each User's own avatar appearance with a kind of Built-in Inventory system that will have its own pop-up that can be moved by the user, anywhere within the View Screen area they want it.

Another kind of kewl feature I want to deploy will be a Text-Speaker - where a user types a message, and in addition to displaying the text, it will "Speak" on other users GUI.

Gaiha
Gnoblar

Post by Gaiha »

OK... its been a while since I lurked within the forum here.

My Project: Kebec1661 - is stalled... I made my thesis project presentation to my professors and they were absolutely shocked that I wasn't using any of the tools provided by them as teaching aides. Basically, I decided I wasn't going to use them as the Licenses just YELLED at me - "KICK BACKS" and Royalties - similar to the PAYOLA SCANDAL of the music industry back in the 1980's. Anyway... I presented my project in a clear and concise manner... included examples and references where applicable... and to my utter and complete disgust - received a barely passing mark.

So, I filed a grievance, with support and backing of the Student Council... DEMANDING a complete review of their grading process(es) and to submit their grading in WRITING. Needless to say, my grievance ruffled quite a few feathers among the "More Qualified" Educational Instructors. They took their time (no doubt to appear to remain professional and impartial) to render their written response -- clouded with Political Correctness and Double-Talk. The Review, once completed... gave me an "Above Average" Grade for my project, but still noticeably low enough to Lower my GPA from the rock solid 3.9 I have maintained previously.

While better than nothing, this response speaks volumes to me, that the Educational Establishment is being fueled by the Large Software Developers and their Corporate Greed... and their desire to have Entry-Level Graduates ready to be employed with only a minimal amount of familiarization on the Software that THEY want used for their Corporate Projects. While I fully understand that the Corporations have a lot of R&D as well as Financial Investment at stake... This Corporate Environment does not BLEND well with Creativity and Originality.

Personally, I find this a sad state of affairs that my employment future is being formed by people outside the educational system and prepare me to "Kiss the Ass" of idiots who couldn't write anything but their signature on a memo, to dictate the "who, what, where, when and why" to kiss their patent leather shoes, as they hand out metered praise for who has added the most to the Corporate Coffers for the preceding financial quarter.

I have decided to continue my Project, hosted on my own hardware and at my own cost for incidentals such as Electricity, Internet Access, etc... In order to keep "Grubby Paws" off my Project, and it's possible future financial security... I will collect gracious tips from being paid to remove my clothing in a provocative manner, and sling a tray of cocktails destined for the gullets of people suffering from alcohol induced dementia.

On a Positive Note... the recruitment letters keep coming... and my responses remain the same. A definitive "NO" so long as the employment contracts continue to include clauses that would essentially claim my own project as THEIR Intellectual Property... While my Future is ahead of me, the Corporate Establishment will not be part of it, until I am ready to join them as a competitor and essentially undermine their ability to remain profitable... Besides, I make more money doing 3 shows a night shaking my ass, than sitting on it in an office with some "Supervisor" looking down my blouse. HEHEHEHE

Do I sound a wee bit Narcissistic? Time will tell...

Gaiha
devxkh
Halfling

Post by devxkh »

what the hell are you talking about?? :shock:
My little OGRE engine -> FrankE WIP
insider
Orc

Post by insider »

:lol: