Yoy Simulators

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Yoy Simulators

Post by xrgo »

Hello!! I've been around for a while now with my "secret" project, it really wasn't secret at all, I just didn't had the time to make this post :P

My name is Sergio Silva, We are a small-not-so-small-now company "Yoy Simulators" located in Valparaiso, Chile. We started like 6 years ago 5 engineer students with hope of making something great and fun and live out of it. We started with the idea of making interactive ads in malls and public spaces using computer vision, kinect, etc, we actually started using Ogre back then and made some pretty cool but simple stuffs, like this interactive aquarium using Hydrax
but with just one client and not much bussiness expertise we failed miserably lol.
Until VR came on like 3 years ago and we wanted to make VR simulators!

We started developing simulators using gamekit (ogrekit) reading directly from blender files, we think that idea is great as we can use blender as the entire scene/material/mesh/etc editor. but then Ogre 2.1 show up and we really needed the extra performance (since VR is very expensive) and gamekit was dead and very hard to understand (so much code!) so we started to make our own engine using Ogre 2.1, and obiously called yoyEngine (classes starts with a "y" lol). We took the blender loading idea from gamekit but we rewrited everything from scratch. Its working great! we already have various simulators being used by clients right now!

Currently we have VR simulators for Forklift, Mobile Crane, Bridge Crane, Mining Truck. some more under development, (mobile crane still running in the old gamekit engine, the others running with yoyEngine)
We were very OpenSourcy so we use Linux, Ogre, Bullet, Blender, etc but now we've been forced to use Windows and some other engines like Unity/Unreal because we need to make many small projects for gearVR, mobile, cardboard, etc. So we use our engine for the heavy stuffs!

We also develop our own hardware, we take advantage of the size of VR hmd and we put everything in a small box/case so the whole simulator can be carried around! we create custom controllers, sensors, etc, we have 3d printers. In fact that's why I am missing at the forums these days, finishing hardware stuffs (I am an electronic engineer), I miss programming =).

Now we are 9 people + commonly 3 to 6 interns... programmers, electronics, marketing, business, 2D and 3D artists... everyone are awesome and a key part of the team. We have many clients (more than our site says), and we just moved to an awesome office =D. Lots of work but many fun!
Now we are focusing in create VR simulators and experiences using the htc Vive (awesome tracking tech), gearVR (high quality mobile VR), and any other tech experience that can help people learn faster! (e-learning, AR, etc), some great simulators in development and some other projects waiting for the clients to say "go".
It was a really long and hard (::kinky::) journey so far but we have great hope that this next year (2017) its going to be great! (less work, more money lol), we definitely are going to donate to Ogre someday soon as a big thank you.

So thank you very much everyone at the Ogre community for helping us! specially dark_sylinc, you are a fu%&ing god to us! (btw please answer my PM!!!!!)

Our site is http://www.yoy.cl (a bit outdated, we are really busy with projects, the site have been left behind a little lalala)
here are some screenshots of our projects, to make this post more appealing.

yep, this last one is Unreal Engine, with many post effect that we have to disable for VR xD

Again thanks to everyone! and I wish you all great happiness this 2017! <3!
Last edited by xrgo on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Yoy Simulators

Post by dark_sylinc »

Beautiful!!! Finally we get so those screenshots!!!

Amazing work and keep it up!!!

(btw I thought I had replied your msg; I will check again my PM history)
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

dark_sylinc wrote:(btw I thought I had replied your msg; I will check again my PM history)
Sorry no message yet, I just cleaned my inbox, it was 90%, but I don't think that was the problem
AshMcConnell
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by AshMcConnell »

That's looking awesome, keep up the good work :)
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Post by frostbyte »

nice to see screen-shots from actual ogre2.1 projects...
i find the tunnel/cave screen-shot amazing and almost photo-real...
makes me wonder what make it different from the other screen-shots?...

anyway, its nice to know a bit more about you and the stuff your into...sims are cool stuff
we definitely are going to donate to Ogre someday soon as a big thank you.
hmmm...a working blender importer, maybe? :wink:

wish you a great exciting and profitable 2017 :D
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments
frostbyte wrote: i find the tunnel/cave screen-shot amazing and almost photo-real...
makes me wonder what make it different from the other screen-shots?...
yeap, because that one is with unreal engine xD, as I mentioned we do some simple projects (virtual tours, mobile, etc whatever with little simulation/content) with unreal or unity
xrgo wrote:yep, this last one is Unreal Engine, with many post effect that we have to disable for VR xD
although it could be possible to achieve that kind of realism with Ogre... its just missing some nice volumetric light effects and some nice post process.
(going to edit the post to make it clearer)
frostbyte wrote:hmmm...a working blender importer, maybe?
the code is a mess now, and its heavily customized for our needs, I hope I can have more time in the future and make an importer, for now I can share snippets for anyone that wants to go for it.
frostbyte wrote:wish you a great exciting and profitable 2017
thank you so much! for you too :)
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

Amasing stuff!

Wish you the best for 2017 :D
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

We are developing a ShipToShore Crane, and as scene we are reconstructing Valparaiso's Harbor (Chile)... and recently Valparaiso got visited by the giant inflatable duck! so we made a screenshot in his honor:
Please give a like to our facebook page and the duck post :P thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/yoysimulators/
https://www.facebook.com/yoysimulators/ ... 846845865/
cheers!
Kohedlo
Orc

Post by Kohedlo »

is looks as good product for buying as for childrens as for other people. is peacepull, and teach accurate and diligence in job places. is proffitable for all ages)
c++ game developer.
current project: Imperial Game Engine 2.5
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

Screenshots galore!!
Ship to Shore Crane