I'm working quite a long time on a Game-Engine, called the NOWA-Engine ((NativeObjectWorldArchitecture-Engine). I waited a long time to post this here, because I always thought, that I did not made enough progress to post something. But as I do this as hobby with restricted time, I think I will never finish. So why not post the current progress.
I was really happy back then, when I found the Ogre-Engine. I want also to thank the community for keeping Ogre alive and providing techniques and code-snippets to do great things!
Contained components of the NOWA-Engine:
- Graphics-Engine: Ogre-Engine 2.1
- Physics-Engine: OgreNewt 3.0 (Port of Physics-Engine: “Newton Game Dynamics”)
- Audio: OgreAL (Port of 3D-Audio library OpenAL)
- Network: RakNet
- Particle-Effects: Particle Universe
- Ogre Realtime Shader: RT Shader System
- Ogre Terrain: Ogre Terrain System
- Sky/Weather simulation: Caelum
- Water simulation: Hydrax
- Scripting: Lua
- Pathfinding Recast navigation: OgreRecast
- Paged Geometry Instancing: PagedGeometry
- Wii-Controller input system: WiiUse
- Split meshes: MeshSplitter
- GUI: MyGui
My dream is to create a complex MetroidVania game, with inventory, shop system, a lot of game mechanics. So I'm testing created 2,5D Jump 'n' Run demo:
Some other tests:
See my homepage (www.lukas-kalinowski.com) for detailed information about the engine.
I still do not know where It goes with the engine, maybe I will release the source code on github.
If somebody wants to know about some implementation details, or techniques, please ask.