T.I.M.E DEMO available

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Kohedlo
Orc

T.I.M.E DEMO available

Post by Kohedlo »

T.I.M.E.- is sci-fi emergency-team game, about hard job of real heroes( like firemans).
Engine: Based Ogre 2.1 Imperial Game Engine.

FUTURE EMERGENCY: BAPTISM IN FIRE ( aka.: T.I.M.E.)
==================================
FUTURE EMERGENCY: BAPTISM IN FIRE - is emergency
platformer action game with elements RTS, and RPG.

Story: In future steel need of Emergency reconing teams, for preserving
sequrity and peace citizent on another planetary colonies. skyscrapers catastrophes, planetary desert plant pollutuions, orbital-station dangers and so on.

work in progress
Last edited by Kohedlo on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
c++ game developer.
current project: Imperial Game Engine 2.5
EricB
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Re: T.I.M.E.: The Orion Incident (pre-Alpha)

Post by EricB »

Looking pretty good! I've been thinking you needed to do a commercial game with your engine for quite a while.

Be sure to hire an English writer/editor to clean up video and screenshots before you do public press release of the game.
EricB
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by EricB »

I left the tab open, and when I came to close it I noticed "Pearl Jam" poster in the background of the fat man: https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/58/43/82/t_i_m_19.jpg

Please note, this is a violation of copyright law, and you can (and would) be sued for it. Not to mention the use of Pearl Jam in this way is trademark violation, which you can and would be sued for.

Unless you have written agreement from this guy: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0Z82KCIYAERY_x.png and anyone he sold the image to. You are breaking the law.

My Ukrainian artist had an issue with this too when I first hired him. You can NOT use images off the internet without breaking the law unless you are granted license to do so by whoever owns the copyright to that work. Unless it's publicly noted somewhere that the picture is public domain, CC0, or some other copyfree license, you're going to have to contact this guy, BMO Haris Bradley Center, and Pearl Jam to use this stuff in the game. Otherwise you are breaking copyright and trademark laws.

Trying to save you a few tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees, few tens of thousands of dollars you lose from losing the case, having your product pulled from Steam due to DMCA, and headaches inbetween. :)
Kohedlo
Orc

(project removed)

Post by Kohedlo »

Last edited by Kohedlo on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
c++ game developer.
LDAsh
Gnoblar

Post by LDAsh »

AAA... from, 2002??? :P Sorry, I just mean to say, I don't think it's up to an indie dev themselves to really claim that.
(AAA implies you've spent at least several million US dollars on the development to even call it "small")

These kind of copyright violations happen alllllllll the time, and no controversy would usually occur unless the project attracts sufficient attention and actually generates any revenue, so it's usually not something for most to be too concerned about.
EricB
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by EricB »

LDAsh wrote:These kind of copyright violations happen alllllllll the time, and no controversy would usually occur unless the project attracts sufficient attention and actually generates any revenue, so it's usually not something for most to be too concerned about.
You are correct that it happens frequently, and it's no big deal until he distributes it. If/When he goes commercial it can become quite a liability if the owner of the copyright chooses it to be. It's a pretty open and shut case as well. Imagine his game becoming a pseudo success, someone notices this issue, makes a fuss about it on the forums. Someone from the RIAA catches wind of it and automatically issues a DMCA and a C&D. Now he's lost a week of revenues fighting the DMCA, not to mention the time cost of compliance. Next thing you know several other rights holders are mulling over his work looking for copyrights violations. Including copyrights trolls. Think Getty is going to hold back on a lawsuit? http://blog.webcopyplus.com/2011/02/14/ ... -10-photo/

It's always best to play it on the safe side, use Public Domain and CC0 work. They're easy to find, GC is full of it. Document everything you use, including URLs (be sure archive.org has copies). You could slap together a fake Martian band poster that's just as nice, adds more immersion to the game. (Who is listening to Pearl Jam this far into the future?) And do it really easily using CC0 images and a little bit of GIMP skills. (Better idea is to find an indie band with the music style you like. Promote the band with your in game artwork, in return get their music for free. Be sure it's all in written contracts.)
Kohedlo
Orc

(project removed)

Post by Kohedlo »

Last edited by Kohedlo on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
c++ game developer.
Kohedlo
Orc

Re: T.I.M.E (pre-alpha 2)

Post by Kohedlo »

work in progress
c++ game developer.
Kohedlo
Orc

Re: T.I.M.E DEMO available

Post by Kohedlo »

c++ game developer.
LDAsh
Gnoblar

Post by LDAsh »

I'm just curious, is this actually set in Hong Kong? Because I live here, and so these shots make it look like it's some little toy floating in the harbour. :P

I'm not trying to make a fuss or be an A-hole about it, honestly, I just think it looks strange as it's so familiar to me. It's an interesting project. I get a kind of Blast Corps vibe from it, which is a good thing in my books! ;)
Kohedlo
Orc

Post by Kohedlo »

I'm just curious, is this actually set in Hong Kong? Because I live here, and so these shots make it look like it's some little toy floating in the harbour. :P
agrh. there is need change background. Thanx. Life contains paradoxes. all respect to your land

After all commentaries, is seen best way is to create fictional (non exsisting) paintings and textures.
c++ game developer.