[GSoC 2008 - Accepted] OgreCollada

Threads related to Google Summer of Code
bulkhead
Gnoblar

Re: [GSoC 2008 - Accepted] OgreCollada

Post by bulkhead »

Hi sinbad,

Thanks for the tips. Ok, I'll trace along this line, and hopefully will find more clues.

As for the question why I have 2 UV sets, I obtained the *.dae object from ColladaMax exporter. I'll look into the codes as well to see why they export the input_set="1" for the bind_vertex_input element.

Thanks.
bulkhead
Gnoblar

Post by bulkhead »

Hi all,

Need help again!!! I have made some progress with the OgreCollada. I have managed to load the skeleton :D

But now another thing bothering me. Initially if I load only the mesh, the texture is loaded correctly. After I load the skeleton, and do some skinnings, the texture is gone.
I have been looking around, but seems like no one else encounter this before. All the tutorials and forums just mentioned that we have to setMaterialName to assign the material.

Did I miss out something? Do I have to set any parameter in the TextureUnitState? Does the sequence of loading mesh, skeleton, material assignement matter?

Please help. Thanks in advance. :roll:
madmarx
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by madmarx »

What is now at the place of your texture ?
Can you check what does your Material -> Technique -> Pass -> TextureUnitState contains now?
After I load the skeleton, and do some skinnings, the texture is gone.
Are you sure? You can for example draw an entity (ninja.mesh), assign it your material, and see if the texture is still on it on this mesh (the material is shared among meshes).
Do I have to set any parameter in the TextureUnitState?
you have to select the texcoords. But by default it uses the first one, so this should be ok for the index of the texcoords.

From what you describe, I might suppose the Texcoord (necessary to see the texture ) were overwritten while you builded the weight of the vertex.

To check if it is the texturecoord, you can try for example :
void Ogre::TextureUnitState::setEnvironmentMap ( true); on your TextureUnitState to see it used with procedural texcoords.
Tutorials + Ogre searchable API + more for Ogre1.7 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/so3dtools/
Corresponding thread : http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 93&start=0