GSoC 2011 - DX11 implementations

Threads related to Google Summer of Code
abbec
Gnoblar

GSoC 2011 - DX11 implementations

Post by abbec » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:22 pm

I am a fourth year master student in Media Technology (which is a computer science master geared towards computer graphics). I am currently based in Norrköping which is a Campus at Linköping University. I am currently taking a course in Advanced Computer Graphics and there I am going to implement a deferred rendering in DX11. I have strong C++ and computer graphics programming skills which I think should be sufficient for this task.

I was very happy when I saw that you requested help on your DX11 pipeline since that is what I am most interested in. My idea was to implement Tessellation (Hull-Shader and Domain-Shader), Multithreaded Rendering (deferred rendering) and demos for these features. My hope is that I will be able to reuse and refine some code from the deferred renderer in my own game engine.

I have not contributed to OGRE before but have used it in a project and I really enjoyed that experience so it would be really cool to help out. :D

I would really like some feedback on the idea and discuss it with someone responsible for these parts. So that I can put together a correct application and direct my research on the subjects.
0 x

Assaf Raman
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: GSoC 2011 - DX11 implementations

Post by Assaf Raman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 pm

@abbec: Can you update the first post to be more like our template: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/GSoCApplicationTemplate
0 x
Watch out for my OGRE related tweets here.